• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How potent are the hair dryers at FQ? I have very curly hair that I need to tame in the mornings, should I bring my own hair dryer?

We took the boat to Downtown Disney only once because the wait was so long. Four or Five boats parked at the dock and asked us if we were going to Riverside. Everyone in line (which was about 75 people) said no and it started becoming a joke. We didn't think a DTD boat would ever come. So dissapointing.
Overall, however, the resort was as great as always. Just bring your patience.

If you got on the boat to Riverside, doesn't it then go to DTD :confused3. Not sure, this will be our first stay at FQ, but we've stayed at Riverside 3 times.

If anyone knows the answer, please post, would be good to know for our January trip.

If you got on the boat to Riverside, doesn't it then go to DTD

Yes the boat does go on to DTD, but as it's technically a one-way trip you might be asked to get off and queue to re-board if there are a lot of people waiting to get on at Riverside.

Andre

LucyBC80 said:
How potent are the hair dryers at FQ? I have very curly hair that I need to tame in the mornings, should I bring my own hair dryer?

Pack your own they are very weak.

Just booked our trip for May at POFQ. We've never stayed in either resort but it looks wonderful. In September we stayed at CSR and I was not a fan of the large resort size, so FQ seems more what I am looking for in size and amenities. We have a 2 and 4 year old who utilize the pool, and we tend to head to the main building fairly often so centralized location is important.

jenifferf00 said:
Just booked our trip for May at POFQ. We've never stayed in either resort but it looks wonderful. In September we stayed at CSR and I was not a fan of the large resort size, so FQ seems more what I am looking for in size and amenities. We have a 2 and 4 year old who utilize the pool, and we tend to head to the main building fairly often so centralized location is important.

We stayed there a few weeks ago for the same reason. I have a 3 and 5 year old and the resort was perfect.

Yes the boat does go on to DTD, but as it's technically a one-way trip you might be asked to get off and queue to re-board if there are a lot of people waiting to get on at Riverside.

Andre

This happened during our SB trip - nobody could ride to POR and stay on to go to DTD - needed to get back in line. Glad we did not try that one!

We just booked POFQ for march 5-10. So excited -it's the first time we are staying there! Im sorry if this has been asked, as i haven't had time to read all the posts. Do they have activities at the pool for the kids? We stayed at ASMu last time and my boys loved the games and movies at the pool. Thanks!

We just booked POFQ for march 5-10. So excited -it's the first time we are staying there! Im sorry if this has been asked, as i haven't had time to read all the posts. Do they have activities at the pool for the kids? We stayed at ASMu last time and my boys loved the games and movies at the pool. Thanks!

They sure do! And check out this link as you get closer as it is updated with monthly schedule.

http://www.portorleans.org/recreation-activites-schedule.php

We are booked at POFQ for the first time Jan 30-Feb 10. Last time we stayed in a pirate room at CBR. I liked that resort on our first stay there but then last time the pirate room was just too far away and soured me on the resort. So I am looking forward to something much smaller :)

My husband and I are headed to Disney November 28 for our 25th wedding anniversary. We honeymooned at Disney when we got married but stayed off-site. We've been back since then, but have always camped at Fort Wilderness, which we love. Since this is such a special trip for us, we decided not to camp and chose POFQ. My question is this - is it customary to leave a tip in the room for those that take care of it? Do we leave one every day and what is customary? Advice would be very much appreciated!!

hummingbird149 said:
My husband and I are headed to Disney November 28 for our 25th wedding anniversary. We honeymooned at Disney when we got married but stayed off-site. We've been back since then, but have always camped at Fort Wilderness, which we love. Since this is such a special trip for us, we decided not to camp and chose POFQ. My question is this - is it customary to leave a tip in the room for those that take care of it? Do we leave one every day and what is customary? Advice would be very much appreciated!!

Tipping is always a choice, but I always do it. Leave it daily, because you may not have the same mousekeeper each day.

I always leave it in an envelope at the sink with a big thank you; they will choose whether to take it or not.

Have a magical anniversery!

Tipping is always a choice, but I always do it. Leave it daily, because you may not have the same mousekeeper each day.

I always leave it in an envelope at the sink with a big thank you; they will choose whether to take it or not.

Have a magical anniversery!

Thank you! I am so excited!! If you don't mind me asking, how much did you leave?

It's customary to leave around $1 per person. When i go with my adult daughter, we usually leave $2 - $3 per day. I leave our tip on the sink under the housekeepers card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter