Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LucyBC80

LucyBC80 DIS Veteran

How potent are the hair dryers at FQ? I have very curly hair that I need to tame in the mornings, should I bring my own hair dryer?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. andrewilley

andrewilley Port Orleans Guru

All of them have some garden view rooms.

Andre

4. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

If you got on the boat to Riverside, doesn't it then go to DTD :confused3. Not sure, this will be our first stay at FQ, but we've stayed at Riverside 3 times.

If anyone knows the answer, please post, would be good to know for our January trip.

5. andrewilley

andrewilley Port Orleans Guru

Yes the boat does go on to DTD, but as it's technically a one-way trip you might be asked to get off and queue to re-board if there are a lot of people waiting to get on at Riverside.

Andre

6. one2admire

one2admire Mouseketeer

Does anyone know the recreation activity schedule for Halloween Day at POFQ? I can't find it anywhere.

7. bookgirl

bookgirl DIS Veteran

Pack your own they are very weak.

8. jenifferf00

jenifferf00 Mouseketeer

Just booked our trip for May at POFQ. We've never stayed in either resort but it looks wonderful. In September we stayed at CSR and I was not a fan of the large resort size, so FQ seems more what I am looking for in size and amenities. We have a 2 and 4 year old who utilize the pool, and we tend to head to the main building fairly often so centralized location is important.

9. Jillianv29

Jillianv29 Mouseketeer

We stayed there a few weeks ago for the same reason. I have a 3 and 5 year old and the resort was perfect.

10. Sydnerella

Sydnerella enough is as good as a feast

This happened during our SB trip - nobody could ride to POR and stay on to go to DTD - needed to get back in line. Glad we did not try that one!

11. LucyBC80

LucyBC80 DIS Veteran

Thanks! I'll bring my own then.

12. HeatherL

HeatherL Mouseketeer

We just booked POFQ for march 5-10. So excited -it's the first time we are staying there! Im sorry if this has been asked, as i haven't had time to read all the posts. Do they have activities at the pool for the kids? We stayed at ASMu last time and my boys loved the games and movies at the pool. Thanks!

13. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

They sure do! And check out this link as you get closer as it is updated with monthly schedule.

http://www.portorleans.org/recreation-activites-schedule.php

14. HeatherL

HeatherL Mouseketeer

15. snarfblatt

snarfblatt Mouseketeer

How much is a Taxi from POFQ to the airport?

16. Tara D

Tara D Mouseketeer

We are booked at POFQ for the first time Jan 30-Feb 10. Last time we stayed in a pirate room at CBR. I liked that resort on our first stay there but then last time the pirate room was just too far away and soured me on the resort. So I am looking forward to something much smaller :)

17. hummingbird149

hummingbird149 Mouseketeer

My husband and I are headed to Disney November 28 for our 25th wedding anniversary. We honeymooned at Disney when we got married but stayed off-site. We've been back since then, but have always camped at Fort Wilderness, which we love. Since this is such a special trip for us, we decided not to camp and chose POFQ. My question is this - is it customary to leave a tip in the room for those that take care of it? Do we leave one every day and what is customary? Advice would be very much appreciated!!

18. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

Tipping is always a choice, but I always do it. Leave it daily, because you may not have the same mousekeeper each day.

I always leave it in an envelope at the sink with a big thank you; they will choose whether to take it or not.

Have a magical anniversery!

19. Jillianv29

Jillianv29 Mouseketeer

I agree. They were great there too!!!

20. hummingbird149

hummingbird149 Mouseketeer

Thank you! I am so excited!! If you don't mind me asking, how much did you leave?

21. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

It's customary to leave around $1 per person. When i go with my adult daughter, we usually leave $2 - $3 per day. I leave our tip on the sink under the housekeepers card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.