• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone been lately? What kind of toiletries do they have? Is it still the shampoo/conditioner combo?

Is there bar soap, or is it bodywash? I know it's a stupid question, but I just love that stuff!

I'm here now and although I really like the smallness of the resort I haven't been to impressed. Ice machine broken for days, the new Orleans greeter hasn't been here once, the beverage station and entire food area hasn't been kept clean at all and the staff isn't very friendly. Maybe I was just expecting more based on this thread.i would still stay here again though. Can't imagine staying somewhere like Riverside that is so large. Having an amazing time though. On the bus now heading to Via Napoli!

BlondeJungleBookFan said:
I've only stayed at OKW, and they had utensils, bowls, etc.
Does POFQ have them?

Thanks in Advance! :coffee:

No regular hotel rooms do not have kitchen utensils.

I'm here now and although I really like the smallness of the resort I haven't been to impressed. Ice machine broken for days, the new Orleans greeter hasn't been here once, the beverage station and entire food area hasn't been kept clean at all and the staff isn't very friendly. Maybe I was just expecting more based on this thread.i would still stay here again though. Can't imagine staying somewhere like Riverside that is so large. Having an amazing time though. On the bus now heading to Via Napoli!

I was there last week and I am pretty sure that one of the greeters mentioned that he would be going on vacation this week. I do believe there were two greeters though. It's amazing what can happen day to day at the resorts, one day there was a woman in the food court waiting for tables to empty to clean them, the next day they were just so-so but nothing horrible. Hope things improve for you!!

We just made the decision to plan a trip for October, 2013. :yay: We've stayed at FQ two times in the past and want to go back. How far in advance would you recommend making reservations? Thanks!

I just booked for October 2013 today!! I am hoping Free Dining is available for our stay but either way we are going! :)

I will be there next week. How are the buses???

We just made the decision to plan a trip for October, 2013. :yay: We've stayed at FQ two times in the past and want to go back. How far in advance would you recommend making reservations? Thanks!

I just booked for October 2013 today!! I am hoping Free Dining is available for our stay but either way we are going! :)

We just changed our Spring Break trip to October (12-19) at FQ... Haven't booked yet, but plan to do that in the coming weeks. I also have FX for FD.

I am very excited to see FQ in the fall... it was beautiful this last spring, so I can only imagine how it will be in the fall. I am going to have to stalk Andre's website to see if there are any great fall photos... If only my girls were off of school sometime in early December - I would just drool to be there for the holidays!

D~

I will be there next week. How are the buses???

I am here now, been here since Saturday. Sunday morning was great to AK. We barely made it to rope drop to HS and MK on Monday and Tuesday despite being at the bus stop by 8 a.m. the MK buses have been kinda of crazy each morning, nothing for 20 mins, then 3 buses in a row.......

However we have not shared with riverside in the mornings, only during the day.

So kind of hit or miss.

Oh, and they are having hot tub issues. It had been closed down at least twice this week. Once it was too hot so they had everyone get out for a repair.

Sorry to hear about the disappointments. I agree with the previous poster who said things change from day to day. We love POFQ and just got back last week from an 18 night stay. Within our first few days we went to the pool to swim on our break between parks. We were there no more than 20 minutes when we were all cleared out of the pool and it was closed. Not sure why or when it started running again. Two days later, back at the pool and same thing happened. This time they actually said there was no power. Sure enough we went to fill our drinks in the food court and saw that the reception area was in darkness, as was the gift shop (they were still open and running but the foodcourt staff were explaining to some guests that they were unable to cook anything). We got back from MK to a pitch dark resort aside from a few sparse lights. It was hot in the reception area and the glass panels on the doors and windows were totally misted up with lack of air con. The next night we got back and there was a power generator with a huge bright light on it out the back of the entrance which ran until midnight.

The following day, all was back to normal and anyone arriving from that point would have had no idea of what was going on. So I guess stuff happens and sometimes you're lucky enough to avoid it and other times not.

We also enjoy the compact size of the resort and have to admit, the staff have always been super friendly so hopefully you just had a once off bad run of it.

Hope the rest of your stay is magical :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter