Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. casey10

casey10 Earning My Ears

We will be there tomorrow as well can't wait !!! :cool1:

This will be our second time there and the kids actually remembered it from two years ago and requested that we go there again !!

Excited to see it now that it is refurbished exspecially with having queen beds now!!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. krismusc313

krismusc313 Mouseketeer

just did my online check in & ordered my water from walmart. hopefully it will get there :)

I am so excited!!! :cool1::cool1:

4. Jillianv29

Jillianv29 Mouseketeer

Out of waffles at 7:00am??? That's poor planning, seriously!

5. utkscvol1

utkscvol1 DIS Veteran

That's odd about it being out of power. We are here now and were left a notice stating for a 3 hour time span in the am that power would be out intermittently for approx 10 minutes at a time. Wonder what's up with that.

6. scotas

scotas Mouseketeer

A quick update. I'm here right now, and when we got home this evening (after the WETTEST Halloween Party ever). The locks had been changed to RFID(not sure if that is the right term for it.) We are staying in building 1. Our current keys worked, I know because we all had to give the new lock a try lol. We are like a bunch of kids in a toy store, we have to touch everything.

7. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

They are rolling these out over the next month or so I believe, I forgot to mention that I was told they'd be doing this around October. The idea is that they will gradually be issuing all guests with cards that have RF ID tags in them anyway, and then as they gradually change the locks the keys will just work with the new lock too when you get back to the room.

Andre

8. father of 2

father of 2 Earning My Ears

can't wait to stay here in December!

9. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies DIS Veteran

How do these locks work? (Please excuse the ignorance - I knew they were planned, but had no idea they were doing anything so soon)

10. ciera321

ciera321 DIS Veteran

I just changed our January stay from Pop to FQ. This is the only moderate we haven't stayed at and we can't wait to try it. Gotta try those beignets!!! :goodvibes

11. andrewilley

Just hold your keycard near to the door lock, it's as simple as that. There is a tiny 'radio' device (known as an RFID chip) embedded inside the keycards which the door lock detects and activates.

Andre

12. utkscvol1

utkscvol1 DIS Veteran

Checking out today:( just a heads up- we did have a bb offer for next year for free dining...

13. andrewilley

If you get a chance (if you're getting breakfast at the resort) could you maybe snap a some quick pics of the breakfast menu price boards at POFQ for me?

Andre

14. lizzie1001

lizzie1001 Earning My Ears

The buses are busy at times but I literally just left and overall I was satisfied. Just can't expect to get around quickly...it will cut into your vacation time but the alternative is to rent a car and pay to park it. We only had 2 real long trips in 8 days so that's not bad. Frequency of buses was good overall but when you're anxious to get somewhere it's never fast enough ;) And I loved the FQ and would go back there in a heartbeat! Enjoy :)

15. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies DIS Veteran

Thanks
    So same principal as the FP+ tickets then

That will be great - so many times we have the room key need a few attempts at inserting where it just won't release the catch so I'm looking forward to that :)

16. Jillianv29

Jillianv29 Mouseketeer

We just got back on Thursday and overall I was really satisfied with the buses. Only had one issue with a Hollywood studios bus that took forever and ironically there was a transportation guy there but he seemed more worried about juggling. I won't lie the boats left little to be desired. We literally waited 40 min one day. Went Back 2 days later and there was a boat about to depart and still 20 people in line. Turned around and got a taxi ( totally worth the 9 bucks) never had an issue with the boats coming back from downtown, but if you gave reservations I would suggest a cab

17. bookgirl

bookgirl DIS Veteran

If you are staying on site you don't pay to park, not at your resort (or any resort actually) and not at the park. You get a parking permit when you check in.

18. lizzie1001

lizzie1001 Earning My Ears

Oh, my bad...

19. bookgirl

bookgirl DIS Veteran

No prob. If you don't drive you probably wouldn't know. I usually rent a car anyway to go off site, but I use the buses/boats 98% of the time. The occasional delay doesn't bother me. If it did I'd totally just drive to the parks, well except for MK since driving there doesn't really benefit you.

20. momof2twinboys

momof2twinboys Mouseketeer

We have booked an accessible room with rails in the bathroom but no roll in shower.

Are those limited to the 1st floor or can we make room request for a higher floor? I'll have an ECV - should I just stick with a 1st floor request?

Thanks!

21. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I can't tell you whether or not all of the HA rooms are on the first floor or not. But I would still stick with a first floor request. We've found that needing to use an elevator often results in a long detour to get to the room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.