Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they are in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick or Labrador ??
Yes I am in NS and we are an hour ahead of Florida. We were on our way to pick up our son around that time and then came home to a late dinner and zzzzzzzzzzzz. Kiddies have paper routes so we are up at 5:45am. I was speaking to someone in Reservations around 4ish for 45min. Maybe my disappointment at there only being 7 days open for our vacay at FQ, helped open up more FD at FQ lol. Either way, happy for those that were able to get in. If someone wants to message me on f/b if they see those dates open up, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd need to give you my id there and not sure if I'm allowed to post it. Now back to checking and rechecking lol

I’m seriously thinking POFQ for my next trip, but I’m still mulling over what category to book and what room request(s) to make.

Here’s the deal: Solo lady traveler on what will be only my second solo vacation to anywhere, ever. I’ll admit, I tend to be a bit overly cautious, although I try to be sensible and realistic. POFQ would be my first non-Deluxe, and my first experience with “Exterior Corridors.” I already know that my primary request would be “NOT ground floor.” (As much to do with bugs/critters as with security.)

I’m game to spring for any room category. Looking at photos/video, it appears that some buildings have a lot more trees/shrubs/greenery “concealing” them, whereas others are more “open” – you can easily see the whole side of the building, walkways, doors, from some distance. I would prefer to be in an “open”/visible area that doesn’t feel too isolated. What category should I book, and how should I phrase a request? I know the resort is small, so I’m not worried about distance so much as having a comfortable walk home in the evening (trip would be in Feb again, so it gets dark early). I hope that makes sense.

Yeah, I’m way overthinking this, but as a POFQ Newbie, I’d appreciate advice from the experts!

Karly05 - I think you would like the building next to the pool (actually on either side of the pool). Very open. I beleive one of them is number 2. The river is right there also. THe building isnt very close to the pool but VERY visible. My brother stayed in it last year.

Whatever you choose, I wish you a magical trip!pixiedust:

I have a crazy food court question for anyone there recently....

Did you happen to notice greek yogurt as an option?

I am pretty sure they had regular yogurt last time. I am just trying to make some better options when I can and thought it would be great if they have it.

Thank you very much.
Margaret

Karly05 - I think you would like the building next to the pool (actually on either side of the pool). Very open. I beleive one of them is number 2. The river is right there also. THe building isnt very close to the pool but VERY visible. My brother stayed in it last year.

Whatever you choose, I wish you a magical trip!pixiedust:

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I was thinking about that - 2 & 5 are the buildings on either side of the pool. As I understand it, if you book a "Water View," it should be on the 2nd or 3rd floor of those buildings, facing the pool. That's definitely something I'd keep in mind.

14 days to go until our first night at POFQ. we get to the airport at Noon, and have a 5:30 ADR at Narcoossee's to kick off our 9 nights of fun. Hoping for decent weather, but ready for the daily rain storms.

22 days to go and 12 until we can do online check in :hyper: Just hope our flights will be on time and that everything will go smoothly so we can enjoy our first evening in MK :goodvibes

Does anyone know if there are microwaves for use either in the rooms are somewhere at the resort?

Hi, just curious if POFQ has a noodle swap going on, we will be heading home on the 13th of September and would hate to throw our pool toys out.

That reminds me... Anyone have trouble getting a life jacket or issues with kiddies going down the slide with them on?

We switched over from cbr this am. We are going September 29-October 6. We booked river view. They said that was all that was left with our free dining promo. Hoping we like it:) cbr is the only mod we have stayed at.

utkscvol1 said:
We switched over from cbr this am. We are going September 29-October 6. We booked river view. They said that was all that was left with our free dining promo. Hoping we like it:) cbr is the only mod we have stayed at.

We will be there the same time!!! Funny we switched a couple months ago from CSR and were told the exact same thing.

Jillianv29 said:
We will be there the same time!!! Funny we switched a couple months ago from CSR and were told the exact same thing.

Too funny:) maybe we will see each other since it sounds like the resort is small:)

We will be there 9/25 to 10/4. I tried for weeks and weeks to add the night of the 4th on.. but only river view was available. (we are booked with garden view) I ended up going with a room only for one night at AoA...

Our flights got changed, so now we land 2 hours later. Which means that if everything goes smoothly, we'll probably only have time to watch MSEP and Wishes in MK on arrival day :headache:

We're still waiting for our Mickey Mail though. Wish it would hurry up and arrive :hyper: It's a good think I'm at work when the mail arrives, if not I would probably be stalking the mailman by now :lmao:

On our first day, we have a reservation at House of Blues in DTD at 6:45. What time would you recommend getting on the boat to get over there on time. I heard that it can be crowded especially during the evening hours. OH and I'm staying at POFQ :cool1: at the end of September

slyster said:
On our first day, we have a reservation at House of Blues in DTD at 6:45. What time would you recommend getting on the boat to get over there on time. I heard that it can be crowded especially during the evening hours. OH and I'm staying at POFQ :cool1: at the end of September

I wld say be on dock at 515-530

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter