Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whereisalyssa

Whereisalyssa Self Proclaimed Princess and former CM!

I'm wondering about the pool as well, does anyone have any information on when it will be fixed?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. kddisney502

kddisney502 <font color=blue>P: What's the problem with Goofy?

I keep seeing bad reviews about the POFQ CS food. Is it really that bad? What items would you recommend we eat there for lunch/dinner? What should we stay away from? Thanks.

4. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

What is the advantage of early check in? Don't you still have to wait in line for your room keys?

I probably already saw this somewhere but now I can't find it.

5. strmtroopr96

strmtroopr96 DIS Veteran

We'll be at POFQ from 8/27 to 9/6 and plan on ordering water from Walmart to be delivered. Under $5 and that includes the shipping. Can't beat the price!

6. Reidhome

Reidhome Earning My Ears

Thank you all so much!! I didn't even realize that I could just order water from Costco or Wallmart - PERFECT!! Such a great help... :-)

7. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

It's not the best tasting water, about on a par with the water fountains around the parks (a little chloriney tasting) but I'll drink it if I'm thirsty. The chillded water from the drinks dispensers in the food courts is a bit better though, I usually fill a drink bottle from there on my way out to the parks in the morning.

Andre

8. Lindy Loo

Lindy Loo DIS Veteran

We r just on plane from uk. So will try and update u all on the pool asap..... Fingers crossed ! X

9. cwojchik

cwojchik Mouseketeer

Is the pool under repair? I briefly saw a post asking when the pool will be fixed. This is making me nervous!

10. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

We're just waiting for feedback on this. I wouldn't expect it to be closed for long.

Andre

11. bookgirl

bookgirl DIS Veteran

I only had quesadilas w french fries, sour cream/salsa (twice), hot dog (plain), beniegts, and milk. They were all fine. I've never particulary had a problem with counter service food at any WDW location. I think some locations have bigger or better selections depending on what you like, but I thought the POFQ selctions was fine and the food I got tasted good as well.

I do wish they had the make your own pasta selection, but I was looking at the make your own salad and I thought the produce and toppings looked yummy.

12. dsnyfan608

dsnyfan608 Mouseketeer

Has anyone eaten at Planet Hollywood? Is it good and what is the best way to get there from POFQ? The boat or bus? How long does it take?

13. tinkerbella16

tinkerbella16 DIS Veteran

I also thought the food court at POFQ was just fine. I do think some people may have stayed at Riverside before, and I will admit the food court there has more offerings than POFQ. The Create Your Own Pasta Station is a big hit as POR and FQ does not have that. But POFQ does have Biegnets and POR does not. Those are okay IMO, some people love them and some don't care for them. I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

14. Houston86

Houston86 Mouseketeer

I have never ate there however the best way to get there is by boat to DTD.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

15. tinkerbella16

tinkerbella16 DIS Veteran

I haven't eaten there since 2007, but it was one of our favorite meals that trip.. most people would be shocked by that since its a hit or miss! I do think taking the boat is easier to get there.. I love having that option at Port Orleans!

16. LilyWDW

LilyWDW Going to My Happy Place

I have not been to the one at DTD, but I have been to others and have no idea why I keep getting talked into going back. They have always been very blah, especially for the cost. Loud, not that great of food, and bad service.

17. dsnyfan608

dsnyfan608 Mouseketeer

Thanks for te responses! Taking the boat is definitely a perk!! We were looking for something a little different and it has a varied menu. Decisions... Decisions:upsidedow

18. Houston86

Houston86 Mouseketeer

There are several options in DTD that get my vote. Rainforest Cafe has a wide menu and I love the atmosphere!! I wish Disney gave a 15.00 voucher there instead of PH.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

19. LilyWDW

LilyWDW Going to My Happy Place

Raglan Road is a must do for us every trip. I can not even contemplate being at Disney and not going to Raglan Road.

And the boat is one of the main reasons we stay at POFQ!

20. jasperess

jasperess Mouseketeer

Since the boat to DTD doesn't start running till 10am, are there buses that run earlier?

21. sushi candy

sushi candy Foodie

Hi everyone! This is the first time I am staying at POFQ. How is the transportation? How long does it take to get to Epcot? I am hoping I can make my tight ADR the day I fly in. My plane arrives from Buffalo @ 12:45pm. My ADR @ Epcot is 2:35pm. I really hope I can make it to the resort by 2:00pm and take a cab over to Epcot in time for my ADR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.