Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's very good, but quite a different act to Elliot. Instruments-wise, he plays keyboard and has backing/rhythm/etc tracks on a computer as needed.

The set that I listened to featured more mainstream standards and less New Orleans jazz/blues, but Tom said that he does a lot of requests so the tone of the show tends to change based on the audience - if they want jazz, that's what he'll play.

Andre

We will miss Elliot. What a talented man

He's very good, but quite a different act to Elliot. Instruments-wise, he plays keyboard and has backing/rhythm/etc tracks on a computer as needed.

The set that I listened to featured more mainstream standards and less New Orleans jazz/blues, but Tom said that he does a lot of requests so the tone of the show tends to change based on the audience - if they want jazz, that's what he'll play.

Andre

I cannot imagine FQ without Elliot - he was a big part of what made staying there as good, if not better, than some deluxe stays. His Blues/Jazz fit so well and he had that laid back personality. Well, change happens - perhaps in time, Elliot fans will find Tom will a nice addition to the resort. :thumbsup2

Hi all.

In June this year we made a reservation for July 2014 at CSR. I've been doing a lot of research and was really looking forward to it.

Today, out of the blue, DH said he'd been looking at resorts and has now suggested we switch our reservation to POFQ! Is that even possible? We're only staying for 4 nights and will have a 4yo DD and a 2yo DS.

I've been looking at videos and photos and really love the look of POFQ. Plus the food options for breakfast and dinner are better for us, as a family, than that offered at CSR. Also, the option of getting a boat to DTD would be great as we've never done that before.

Obviously, folks on the CSR thread say we should stick, but I just wondered what people who have stayed at POFQ thought. We'll probably switch, if we can, but I just wanted some insight.

I'm quite excited now as I have the whole 'Princess and the Frog' setting in my head!

We have a standard room booked, but I was wondering if anyone has any advice for a building request? We will request first floor due to mobility issues.

Also, how do I add one of those count down tickers to the bottom?

We'll probably switch, if we can, but I just wanted some insight.

Well apart from suggesting you take a look at www.portorleans.org and some of the photos there, I think you probably should listen to the well-considered and sensible advice from this person:

I've been looking at videos and photos and really love the look of POFQ. Plus the food options for breakfast and dinner are better for us, as a family, than that offered at CSR. Also, the option of getting a boat to DTD would be great as we've never done that before.

I'm quite excited now as I have the whole 'Princess and the Frog' setting in my head!

In short, I don't really think we need to convince you! :)

Andre

andrewilley said:
In short, I don't really think we need to convince you! :)

Andre

LOL no, I guess I don't need convincing to stay at POFQ, but maybe convincing to ditch CSR which I've got quite attached to.

But DH is quite excited about POFQ so that's the main thing.

Thank you! :-)

Now I just need to work out how to go about changing the reservation...

You won't be sorry...have done CSR, won't ever go back... Just plain too huge, spread out of a resort... Entails a lot of walking depending where your room is located....Pepper Market is awful, set up odd as to no everyone will get a meal and be seated at the same time...

POFQ, you will love, small, compact, great food court, boat to DTD , pleasant walk to Riverside where you have access to their pool....

I have read that the laundry machines at POFQ will only take credit cards as payment, the problem is we do not have or plan to get a credit card (we had a major fraud on a credit card we had about 5 years ago and never again will we have one after what we went through!) We do, however, have Visa debit cards which we are going to use for charging on our KTTW card. Will our Visa debit work in the laundry machines too? I am totally stressing about this as we will be there for 3 weeks and there is no way we can do without laundry facilities. I had thought that the KTTW card could be used in the laundry machines but was told tonight this is not the case. If anyone can give me any information on this I would be extremely grateful, I know it seems trivial but I am really worried about it!!!

I have read that the laundry machines at POFQ will only take credit cards as payment, the problem is we do not have or plan to get a credit card (we had a major fraud on a credit card we had about 5 years ago and never again will we have one after what we went through!) We do, however, have Visa debit cards which we are going to use for charging on our KTTW card. Will our Visa debit work in the laundry machines too? I am totally stressing about this as we will be there for 3 weeks and there is no way we can do without laundry facilities. I had thought that the KTTW card could be used in the laundry machines but was told tonight this is not the case. If anyone can give me any information on this I would be extremely grateful, I know it seems trivial but I am really worried about it!!!

Your debit card should be ok but we're planning on getting a prepaid travel money card to use just for laundry. We thought twenty dollars should cover it - we haven't got one yet but I'll let you know otherwise a prepaid credit card would probably work ok too.

When are you travelling?

Your debit card should be ok but we're planning on getting a prepaid travel money card to use just for laundry. We thought twenty dollars should cover it - we haven't got one yet but I'll let you know otherwise a prepaid credit card would probably work ok too.

When are you travelling?

We will arrive at POFQ on 18th November. I have had people tell me that the laundry over at Riverside still takes quarters so if all else fails we will just walk over there to do our laundry! I am expecting our laundry costs to get close to the $50 mark, especially with my DD!! She has just turned 4 but is seriously still as clumsy and accident prone as she was during her first few months walking! She is always covered in whatever she is eating or drinking through nothing more than not paying attention to what she is doing, haha!

We will arrive at POFQ on 18th November. I have had people tell me that the laundry over at Riverside still takes quarters so if all else fails we will just walk over there to do our laundry! :P

You arrive just before us so I can't tell you if it works before your hols! Walking to the Riverside is lovely and the laundress are by the quiet pools so good excuse for a swim!

See you there!!

You arrive just before us so I can't tell you if it works before your hols! Walking to the Riverside is lovely and the laundress are by the quiet pools so good excuse for a swim!

See you there!!

:thumbsup2 Oh, lovely! Just noticed your ticker! If you see a little trio with laundry piled high on a pushchair headed to Riverside you will know it is us! :rotfl:

Quick question...we are here now and have early ressies at crystal palace at 8:10 tomorrow...what time should we leave to catch the bus for the magic kingdom?

When linking my POFQ reservation they asked if I had a preference for a room type. Ground Floor, Second Floor, Corner Room and Close to Transportation. Out of these choices which is best at POFQ. We have no real prefrence but wouldnt mind putting in what ppl recommend. Thanks - We leave in 1 day :D

I am doing laundry right now and and you are correct you can not use your room key. The card machine says it will take debit cards. I'm using a credit card so i cant speak from experience. Its $2 per washer or dryer. Hth

BlueGiraffe said:
Hi all.

In June this year we made a reservation for July 2014 at CSR. I've been doing a lot of research and was really looking forward to it.

Today, out of the blue, DH said he'd been looking at resorts and has now suggested we switch our reservation to POFQ! Is that even possible? We're only staying for 4 nights and will have a 4yo DD and a 2yo DS.

Obviously, folks on the CSR thread say we should stick, but I just wondered what people who have stayed at POFQ thought. We'll probably switch, if we can, but I just wanted some insight.

I've never done any other moderate besides POFQ, and I'll admit I'm very partial as my grandma is from New Orleans and we used to go all the time to visit, and I honeymooned in New Orleans, and our 10th anniversary we spent at POFQ, and have been a few times since. We love it, it feels like home to us, and my kids, DS10 and DD5 don't even want to consider staying elsewhere. They love the pool with Dragon slide and boat to DTD, the beignets, the fountain in the lobby, the entire experience. It will probably be our resort for life!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter