Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nagshead

nagshead Mouseketeer

Ok so pofq is at 90%+ on the fridges, is anyone reporting not getting them right now?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

Wow, how long are you going to be there for, it's only $2 per load! :) They do take debit cards as well as credit cards by the way, but not KttW cards or Magic Bands. The Riverside laundries all still take cash.

I would suggest allowing at least an hour to be safe. So maybe get to the bus stop for around 7am, and then if you're at the MK a bit early you get extra time on an empty Main Street USA to take photos.

It's really down to personal choice, there is no "one size fits all" answer. Upper floors can be a bit quieter (as there's no one above you), and corner rooms can be lighter and feel more airy due to the extra window. Close to transport is nice, but it's a very small resort so not such a big issue unless you have mobility issues or strollers to worry about.

No one recently that I recall, but if the resort is not at full capacity then it should be easier for them to allocate guests to rooms with fridges.

Andre

4. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

I always request 3rd floor so I don't have noise from someone in a room above me. That's not included in your list though. I always have DRC make a note of this request when I make my ressie.

5. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

I will be checking into POFQ for the 1st time in just one week!!! :banana:

6. MrsB1228

MrsB1228 DIS Veteran

5 days until we check in to our home away from home, getting very excited!! :hyper:

7. BlueGiraffe

BlueGiraffe DIS Veteran

We decided to go for it!! Spoke to a lovely lady on the phone who changed us from 4 nights at CSR to 5 nights at POFQ. We added tickets to our package (which we were going to buy separately, anyway) so qualified for the free dining plan as well.

Really excited!!

8. DCDisney

DCDisney On my way...

There are lots of joggers out early in the morning. It's harder later in the evening because of the horse carriages. The path is only around a mile round trip between PO-FQ and POR and there are no sidewalks on the nearby roads so if you are a distance runner it can be frustrating.

9. sunset7132

sunset7132 DIS Veteran

That's interesting. They must have just opened FD at pofq . We LOVE pofq Have fun. ;)

10. Lintasare

Lintasare Holy Carp!

Leaving tomorrow morning for my trip.

Wait...WHAT!!! I still have so much to do like pack. I better get on it.

11. FireWife70

FireWife70 Earning My Ears

Getting antsy -- just wanted to post to see my ticker! :rolleyes1

12. Lintasare

Lintasare Holy Carp!

I just realized I have to be up in 6 and a half hours. Maybe I should go to sleep?

13. wendy1974

wendy1974 DIS Veteran

I'm curious to know the same thing!

14. Lintasare

Lintasare Holy Carp!

And I'm awake. Today I am checking in. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

15. andrewilley

Did any of our recent POFQ visitors manage to get those food court menu photo that we talked about a couple of weeks ago? I don't think there are any news items, but some prices have changed I think...

Andre

16. TSM

TSM Mouseketeer

I meant to do that several times when I was in the food court this week and every time we were in there we were in a hurry or I was trying to help my daughter (and husband) get what they needed!(love free dining!!). Just wanted to comment on the food court. We loved it!! It was never to busy and the meals were huge!! It is actually funny how big the shrimp and chicken po boy sandwich is!!! Loved the beneigts and ice cream. We went over to riverside and swam and ate at there food court and loved the make your own pasta!!

17. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

If nobody has gotten it, I check in on Friday and can get it. :goodvibes

18. andrewilley

Thanks, that'd be great.

Amanda999 (whose name isn't Amanda; I get really confused by different screen names!) was a real star over at Riverside last month, she emailed me pics all the way to the UK direct from her phone as she took them, and we had a little email chat while she was still at the food court! Neat, gotta love all this new technology!

Andre

19. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Nice! yeah! whatever you need....I'm going childless this time, so it will be pretty easy for me to grab pics of stuff. :goodvibes

20. andrewilley

Thanks, that'd be great.

Andre

21. buzznina

buzznina DIS Veteran

We will be at POFQ for halloween, do they have any thing special going on halloween day/night? We are also thinking of heading over to Boardwalk because they have a few things going on there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.