Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a garden view booked and would like to be as close as possible to the bus stop. However, we tend to sit outside with the door propped open a bit while we're waiting for our 2 year old to fall asleep, so it would really help if we're not facing the movie courtyard. This throws a wrench into my plan of just checking "closest to ground transportation" on online check-in! Would calling to specify a building be our next best option (I'm guessing it'd be too much to put away from the movie but closest to the bus)? Maybe building 2 or 3?? Thanks!

See the first post in this thread for info about faxing requests to the resort 3-5 days before arrival, or http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php for more in-depth discussion. Just ask for a room close to the bus stop, but not within earshot of the evening movies. The 'street' side of building 6 might be a good choice.

Andre

The only publicly posted number for the resort is the one in the first post here, but I'm afraid you'll need to persuade the person who answers the call at the main WDW call center that they should transfer you to an on-site cast member.

I don't really think it is appropriate to post direct telephone extensions (or email addresses) for particular managers in a public forum, even if they might have been kind enough to have given out their details to one guest for the purposes of sorting out a specific problem.

Andre

Thank you-I will give it a try.

See the first post in this thread for info about faxing requests to the resort 3-5 days before arrival, or http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php for more in-depth discussion. Just ask for a room close to the bus stop, but not within earshot of the evening movies. The 'street' side of building 6 might be a good choice.

Andre

Thanks! I had read about sending a fax but to be honest, was planning on doing the easiest option of just calling and adding a line to our reservation (instead of writing a whole fax letter). But we really don't want to be facing the movie and it would open up closer options like street side of building 6 which I never considered and would be perfect! Time to start drafting that fax I think! :blush:

I did the on line check in. Am I going to get an email confirmation of the check in because I have not as of yet. MDE does show 'modify check-in' so I'm worrying for nothing - right?

TA phoned at an earlier date and asked for a high floor and garden view. If I have now asked for a corner and the second floor at the on-line check in have I messed myself up?

We don't arrive until well after 7 pm so I'm hoping for some pixie dust at check-in as far as a top floor, or a garden view, or a corner room.

Hi! I'm trying to figure out our room request and could use some help! We have a garden view booked and would like to be as close as possible to the bus stop. However, we tend to sit outside with the door propped open a bit while we're waiting for our 2 year old to fall asleep, so it would really help if we're not facing the movie courtyard. This throws a wrench into my plan of just checking "closest to ground transportation" on online check-in! Would calling to specify a building be our next best option (I'm guessing it'd be too much to put away from the movie but closest to the bus)? Maybe building 2 or 3?? Thanks!

I'd ask for building 4, rooms 4105 to 4110 or 4143 to 4148. We stayed at 4105 and we had the most perfect room. Very close to the bus stop, around 50 feet, and not near the movie courtyard. Call Disney and make note that request on your reservation but sending a fax is the best way to make sure they know how important room location is to you.

I did the on line check in. Am I going to get an email confirmation of the check in because I have not as of yet. MDE does show 'modify check-in' so I'm worrying for nothing - right?

TA phoned at an earlier date and asked for a high floor and garden view. If I have now asked for a corner and the second floor at the on-line check in have I messed myself up?

We don't arrive until well after 7 pm so I'm hoping for some pixie dust at check-in as far as a top floor, or a garden view, or a corner room.

I have never gotten an email confirming check in. Once you do it, you have the option to print it out. But, if you are showing the option to "modify" now, you should be all set. I wouldn't worry about it. :goodvibes

I'd ask for building 4, rooms 4105 to 4110 or 4143 to 4148. We stayed at 4105 and we had the most perfect room. Very close to the bus stop, around 50 feet, and not near the movie courtyard. Call Disney and make note that request on your reservation but sending a fax is the best way to make sure they know how important room location is to you.

You did get a perfect room! Hopefully we will be that lucky too! Thanks!

Staying at FQ October 11-18 and bummed FP+ testing has not yet come to FQ but did to riverside. Debating a switch, though no guarantee of being selected for the test. Any word on October resorts using the FP+ S part of a test or bigger roll out? Why not FQ???

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Staying at FQ October 11-18 and bummed FP+ testing has not yet come to FQ but did to riverside. Debating a switch, though no guarantee of being selected for the test. Any word on October resorts using the FP+ S part of a test or bigger roll out? Why not FQ???

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I am disappointed too, we are at FQ October 19-26 and were really hoping to have a chance to use MB/FP+ as it will likely be 4-5 years before we are back to WDW.But I have been wanting to stay at FQ for years so happy with my resort choice.

I am disappointed too, we are at FQ October 19-26 and were really hoping to have a chance to use MB/FP+ as it will likely be 4-5 years before we are back to WDW.But I have been wanting to stay at FQ for years so happy with my resort choice.

I was under the impression that there will be no October testing as they are intending the system to be rolled out by October / November. I'm not sure what the official position is on this though as I've been away from the Boards much of this week so anything could have happened :rolleyes2

We'll be at POFQ 17-26 October too...

I don't want to test nothing... I even get annoyed with CM's wanting to poll me at parks.... Please just leave me alone and let me have fun...

Let Disney work out their problems with this new system and then approach me with it... Never wanted to be a guinea pig....and take time away from my vacation,,!

We'll be at POFQ 17-26 October too...

I don't want to test nothing... I even get annoyed with CM's wanting to poll me at parks.... Please just leave me alone and let me have fun...

Let Disney work out their problems with this new system and then approach me with it... Never wanted to be a guinea pig....and take time away from my vacation,,!

This + 1. ::yes::

I'll be at POFQ from 9/27-10/2 and I'm looking at this as probably my last chance to enjoy things as they are, no magicbands! I'm sure we will have to use them for our trip next August.

I am not an uber planner and gave up on DDP some time ago because we hate being tied down to a million reservations. Now they are doing the same thing with rides and shows, etc....:sad1:

I will enjoy my trip next month the way I always do, carefree and what I want, when I want. Especially during F & W when I may end up spending more time at Epcot than anywhere else. :goodvibes

Hi! I'm trying to figure out our room request and could use some help! We have a garden view booked and would like to be as close as possible to the bus stop. However, we tend to sit outside with the door propped open a bit while we're waiting for our 2 year old to fall asleep, so it would really help if we're not facing the movie courtyard. This throws a wrench into my plan of just checking "closest to ground transportation" on online check-in! Would calling to specify a building be our next best option (I'm guessing it'd be too much to put away from the movie but closest to the bus)? Maybe building 2 or 3?? Thanks!

Here now in building four and have not heard anything from movie night. It has been super and quiet!! Can't beat the proximity to buses either. We're loving this room! Hope that helps you!

I had a bounceback that didn't cover the first day of arrival. So I booked one night at Pop Century - no big deal. Well, I had to modify my reservation anyway, and the CM saw my Pop reservation. So she checked that night at POFQ, and got it for me at a discount! So now I stay at POFQ for the whole trip! :cool1: Much more convenient!

Here now in building four and have not heard anything from movie night. It has been super and quiet!! Can't beat the proximity to buses either. We're loving this room! Hope that helps you!

Thanks! Are you facing the movie lawn and still can't hear it??

I was under the impression that there will be no October testing as they are intending the system to be rolled out by October / November. I'm not sure what the official position is on this though as I've been away from the Boards much of this week so anything could have happened :rolleyes2

How stressful. We are going POFQ nov 8 and we are praying for magic bands .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter