Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mickey1Fan

Mickey1Fan <font color=magenta>He had five fingers and was we

Is there a benefit to doing on line check in? We arrive in the evening and have already put in request for room type/location.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. dani7776

dani7776 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info =)

4. Kathy Z

Kathy Z Counting my Blessings

Just had to pop in to say that although my ADR date is not until next Tuesday for our POFQ trip, I hurriedly made some ADRs for the new trip we booked for Nov.! :cool1: We finally got the needed permissions from our grandson's parents and teacher to have him excused for school for one week to take him on his first trip to WDW!

5. RebeccaB

RebeccaB DIS Veteran

35 days! Cannot wait! Has anyone ever shipped water to POFQ? I've shipped a package to PoP in the past with no probs, just curious about shipping to POFQ.

6. donnaf516

donnaf516 DIS Veteran

It's finally here. Closing up at the office and headed home to start our vacation! 6am flight tomorrow and we'll be checked in before lunch. It feels like we've been waiting forever for this trip to come. :cool1:

7. tb1972

tb1972 DIS Veteran

Thank you for the info. I'm excited to see POFQ for the first time and to sample the beignets!;)

8. tb1972

tb1972 DIS Veteran

Thank you for the info. I'm excited to see POFQ for the first time and to sample the beignets!;)

9. LoveMMC

LoveMMC Mouseketeer

The call centre is famous for giving incorrect information. I was told they would definitely not be releasing free dining to the general public fall 2013..... Not true. There is a fridge update thread and its hit and miss on getting a fridge at POFQ . I hope we get one in building 4 when we go.

10. lisalonglash

lisalonglash <font color=green>I have a <font color=teal>thing

Have an awesome time!!! :banana:

11. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

As I said before, FQ is at around 50% right now (it was previously much worse than Riverside, but a recent batch of 400 fridges were all assigned to FQ which has helped a lot). There are another 500 fridges due to arrive around the end of this month (which I presume will be split between both Port Orleans resorts) but until then they are still having to prioritise medical requests.

And yes, my information is from a source a lot more reliable than the DRC call-center operators.

Andre

12. Dotsie

Dotsie Mouseketeer

We leave next week for POFQ, my sil called the MGR of the resort and told them that they were going to buy food to eat breakfast in their room and without the fridge they wouldn't be able to do so.
    The MGR told my SIL that instead of a fridge when she gets to the resort they will add an extra quick service meal to their meal plan for each day they will be there. It's nice that Disney seems to be working with people.

13. deadheadmamma4

deadheadmamma4 Mouseketeer

29 more days I'm so excited!!!!!!!

14. GrammyJudy

GrammyJudy DIS Veteran

99 days till we get to Disney for our family Christmas trip:cool1:

15. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies <font color=blue>I am subscribing to this thread j

Yes, we have and had no problem. I did call POFQ as a courtesy to make sure that it wouldn't be a problem. I ship stuff there every year for our trip, but called about the water simply because it would be a large parcel and a little heavy. They were absolutely fine about it. Not sure how much you are shipping. We only needed 24 and they weren't large bottles but I don't see it being a problem.

16. harry24b

harry24b Earning My Ears

Six o'clock fight tomorrow morning. So excited!!!

17. karen4546

karen4546 It's all still new to me ;)

How did she get in touch with the manager? I would be okay with the addition of the QS meals for DH and myself if we were to not have a refrigerator as requested in our room. Can you post the number she called to speak directly with the manager?

18. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

The only publicly posted number for the resort is the one in the first post here, but I'm afraid you'll need to persuade the person who answers the call at the main WDW call center that they should transfer you to an on-site cast member.

I don't really think it is appropriate to post direct telephone extensions (or email addresses) for particular managers in a public forum, even if they might have been kind enough to have given out their details to one guest for the purposes of sorting out a specific problem.

Andre

19. utkscvol1

utkscvol1 DIS Veteran

Got my letter today about the fridge situation. We check in on the 30th- however a few weeks ago I called and had them notate that we needed one due to medical reasons so hopefully they will accommodate.

20. Javin917

Javin917 Mouseketeer

Hi! I'm trying to figure out our room request and could use some help! We have a garden view booked and would like to be as close as possible to the bus stop. However, we tend to sit outside with the door propped open a bit while we're waiting for our 2 year old to fall asleep, so it would really help if we're not facing the movie courtyard. This throws a wrench into my plan of just checking "closest to ground transportation" on online check-in! Would calling to specify a building be our next best option (I'm guessing it'd be too much to put away from the movie but closest to the bus)? Maybe building 2 or 3?? Thanks!

21. SHISHI

SHISHI Mouseketeer

630am flight for us!! Can't wait!!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.