• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a last minute question. Do you know if the resort store sells half gallon milk and a small tub of cream cheese? I was going to order through garden grocer but we don't have $40 worth of groceries. Thanks!!

Yes on the milk. I know they have the small cc in the food court. Since they sell bagels, cream cheese is a pretty good bet as well.

We just returned from our stay there. The resort is beautiful. We were in building 1 - 3rd floor. Connecting rooms 1347 and 1348. Also 1348 was a corner room and we had garden view.
I thought everything was so compact. Not a long walk to anywhere.
Enjoyed the boat ride to Downtown Disney as well.
We didn't eat much at the resort except one night my daughter had the make your own pasta and I had the Chicken sandwich.
We also enjoyed the beignets - they were delicious and were freshly made each time we ordered them.
I will definitely come here again,

Hey, Jellybass:wave2: We are, myself, my daughter, her two daughters (17 & 9) and 2 girl cousins (14 & 9). This will be the cousins first time to WDW.

We have never had a bad stay at POFQ. As always we just can't wait, all the planning is done and now just the collecting of what we will be taking with us. I'm a major list person and love checking things off.

Best wishes for a magical vacation to allpixiedust:

I know, we always get everything planned and even would (kind of) start packing now but we are trying to have the whole thing be a surprise for our girls so the idea is to wake them up at 4 in the morning on the day we leave with stuffed Mickey dolls and tell them we are going to visit him.

What's the best way for a group of 12 without a car to get from POFQ to universal for a couple of days? Not sure if there are taxis that can take us all , and what it would cost, or if we should hire a minibus for a couple of days. If we do hire, do rental companies come to the hotel?

Staying for 5 nights July 3-8th!!! This will be our third stay at POFQ for the year!! We're hoping for building 5 again with the same king room as in Jan and March!!!!

I have not read through the all the posts but I was wondering when the reservations are supposed to be completed. We are not checking in until November - hope everything is completed by then.

Linda

I have not read through the all the posts but I was wondering when the reservations are supposed to be completed. We are not checking in until November - hope everything is completed by then.

Erm, what reservations? Or do you mean the Lobby Refurbishment, which is due to be finished by next month (see FAQ in first post, it's highlighted in red).

Andre

We just returned from our stay there. The resort is beautiful. We were in building 1 - 3rd floor. Connecting rooms 1347 and 1348. Also 1348 was a corner room and we had garden view.
I thought everything was so compact. Not a long walk to anywhere.
Enjoyed the boat ride to Downtown Disney as well.
We didn't eat much at the resort except one night my daughter had the make your own pasta and I had the Chicken sandwich.
We also enjoyed the beignets - they were delicious and were freshly made each time we ordered them.
I will definitely come here again,

When did the make your own pasta become available at French Quarter? I know that Riverside has it, but in all my stays at French Quarter -the last in May this year- they only had pasta with meatballs.
The beignets are always freshly made when ordered.

When did the make your own pasta become available at French Quarter? I know that Riverside has it, but in all my stays at French Quarter -the last in May this year- they only had pasta with meatballs.
The beignets are always freshly made when ordered.

You just made my day, I was thinking I would need to ask for fresh Beignet's.

Do you remember the choices, such as did they offer connecting and non-connecting rooms and is the top floor an option? TY!

There were only four options. Ground floor; Second floor; near transportation; corner room. You get to pick two. Since we're in a King bed room, the corner is automatic (I think, based on info from this thread in fact).

The next page offered the early check in request, with the notification that it negates the other requests.

We have never requested a particular location at POFQ. So far we have always had a ground floor room, in buildings 2,3 and 7. Never had a problem with any noise in any of them.

There are elevators in the center of each building, so you don't always have to use the stairs.

I LOVE your siggie!! My family sits by while I ask for a knife to get every last bit of the Lapu-Lapu soaked pineapple!! Not leaving ANY of it behind!!!!

Oh good! When we go to wdw in August I'll have to drop by for a look! I always have to get my POR pasta :goodvibes even when I'm not staying there, and love the walk along the river to FQ!

What's the best way for a group of 12 without a car to get from POFQ to universal for a couple of days? Not sure if there are taxis that can take us all , and what it would cost, or if we should hire a minibus for a couple of days. If we do hire, do rental companies come to the hotel?

Alamo & National are in the Wdw car care centre near MK. They do have resort pick up. Not sure if they have 12 passenger vans or you'll have to rent 2 vans.
If you have a Costco membership check on their web site. I just saw minivan for low price but can't remember if it was Alamo or Budget :rolleyes: I'm checking prices for our August trip. But don't want minivan, just 2 of us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter