Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im considering booking POFQ for Aug of 2014. We stayed at CSR in Aug 2011 and loved it. The question is do you think our 24, 18 and 15 year old girls would enjoy it, or would it be to lame for them? Thanks in advance:)

We have stayed at POFQ 7 times:goodvibes We have also stayed at the Poly and the WL a couple of times each. With that said my now 17 yr old granddaughter would rather stay at the POLY but my 9 yr old granddaughter always wants to stay at POFQ. For me I love POFQ but if I could afford it I would stay at the POLY. As far as 15, 18 an 24 yr olds the pool is tame but if you really want to stay at POFQ tell them to consider the boat to DTD and the walk over to PORS. We do both every time and love the contrast.

2 months, 2 wks & 3 days till POFQ :thumbsup2

We have stayed at POFQ 7 times:goodvibes We have also stayed at the Poly and the WL a couple of times each. With that said my now 17 yr old granddaughter would rather stay at the POLY but my 9 yr old granddaughter always wants to stay at POFQ. For me I love POFQ but if I could afford it I would stay at the POLY. As far as 15, 18 an 24 yr olds the pool is tame but if you really want to stay at POFQ tell them to consider the boat to DTD and the walk over to PORS. We do both every time and love the contrast.

2 months, 2 wks & 3 days till POFQ :thumbsup2

Wow, we are there the exact same time. Look for the 6' 8" guy with white hair eating all the beignets!!

89 days for me. I'm so excited I can't stand it!!!!! Also I'm going stir crazy I have nothing left to plan lol

55 days til we are in the most magical place on earth!! I cannot wait. It's been a long countdown!!:cool1:

134 days until Epcot Food & Wine Fest and Port Orleans French Quarter :woohoo:

Can't wait to arrive last week of August!!! Our first time staying at POFQ and I'm so excited.

I've been going crazy trying to figure if I should put in any specific room requests. We have a garden room and I did request not to be on the first floor. I love to be close to the food and bus stop. But I also want to be able to walk over and check out POR (food court, pool, etc.). Then I'd also like a nice quiet room! So basically, I want it all!

Is it crazy to just leave it to chance and let them put us where they will? It seems the resort is so small that there really aren't any bad rooms. Or would someone disagree? Is there any area you'd avoid?

As a point of reference, we're used to the values--have stayed at ASMo, ASSp, and POP, all in standard rooms, and survived!

Can't wait to arrive last week of August!!! Our first time staying at POFQ and I'm so excited.

I've been going crazy trying to figure if I should put in any specific room requests. We have a garden room and I did request not to be on the first floor. I love to be close to the food and bus stop. But I also want to be able to walk over and check out POR (food court, pool, etc.). Then I'd also like a nice quiet room! So basically, I want it all!

Is it crazy to just leave it to chance and let them put us where they will? It seems the resort is so small that there really aren't any bad rooms. Or would someone disagree? Is there any area you'd avoid?

As a point of reference, we're used to the values--have stayed at ASMo, ASSp, and POP, all in standard rooms, and survived!

If that is what you are used to anywhere is good for you. The resort is so small compared to those that getting anywhere is easy. You are asking for a lot you can't be close to it all and the walk to riverside is a good walk probably 15 minutes. We stay in building 4 closest to the bus and food court. The boat launch is on the opposite side of the resort from there.

Hey, Jellybass:wave2: We are, myself, my daughter, her two daughters (17 & 9) and 2 girl cousins (14 & 9). This will be the cousins first time to WDW.

We have never had a bad stay at POFQ. As always we just can't wait, all the planning is done and now just the collecting of what we will be taking with us. I'm a major list person and love checking things off.

Best wishes for a magical vacation to allpixiedust:

If that is what you are used to anywhere is good for you. The resort is so small compared to those that getting anywhere is easy. You are asking for a lot you can't be close to it all and the walk to riverside is a good walk probably 15 minutes. We stay in building 4 closest to the bus and food court. The boat launch is on the opposite side of the resort from there.

Actually, I'm not asking for it all! That's the problem. I know I can't have everything. But one minute I want to be close to the bus, then I think it would be nicer to be closer to POR, and then I think it would be cool to be in a real quiet area, then maybe I really want to be near the pool or near the boat launch. It ALL sounds good! That's why I'm having a hard time deciding on one to request. I think I'll leave it up to the room assignment gods and be happy wherever I end up!

Actually, I'm not asking for it all! That's the problem. I know I can't have everything. But one minute I want to be close to the bus, then I think it would be nicer to be closer to POR, and then I think it would be cool to be in a real quiet area, then maybe I really want to be near the pool or near the boat launch. It ALL sounds good! That's why I'm having a hard time deciding on one to request. I think I'll leave it up to the room assignment gods and be happy wherever I end up!

That is what we do and have never been disappointed. When we were assigned building 7 I though we were going to hate, but in the end it was no problem. Figured out the short cut to the buses and that was really nice.

I think I'll leave it up to the room assignment gods and be happy wherever I end up!

That's what I think we are going to do. We booked a King room, and after looking at Andre's specific room category layouts, I think we have very good odds of getting a good location.

The only think I am confused about is that you can't book KING/RIVERVIEW, and all RIVER VIEW bookable rooms seem to be 2 queens.....so does that mean we could possibly end up with our King room being river view?

Really, out of all the King locations, there are only two that I would not want.....so, I think taking a gamble with the room assignment Gods seems to be the way to go ;-)

The only think I am confused about is that you can't book KING/RIVERVIEW, and all RIVER VIEW bookable rooms seem to be 2 queens.....so does that mean we could possibly end up with our King room being river view?

Yes, the King Bed category 'trumps' all other room types - so booking a King Bed room could give you a view of the river, pool, garden or parking lot (and/or be in a preferred building if the booking is at Riverside). Any of the purple coloured rooms on my maps in fact. The only area that you definitely won't get would be the two Royal buildings with POR bookings. At POFQ, all of the King Bed rooms are also corner rooms, so no need to request that.

So book King Bed and put in whatever requests you wish, and keep your fingers crossed.

Andre

Its not a long walk to anywhere in the resort from any room. We were in the back (7 I think) and it literally took us 5 minutes to the food court and bus stop. The walk to POR is longer but you can walk by the river and take a nice leisurely stroll. But POFQ is so compact that no room is a "bad" one. I was worried about it as well since we had stayed at POP a few times previously and had quite a hike to the room. I had knee issues (MRI, cortisone shots, etc) and was worried about the amount of walking. Not one problem at the resort walking from the food court, bus stop room, pool, nothing. Its a great resort and I really dont even think they have any preferred rooms.

I have a last minute question. Do you know if the resort store sells half gallon milk and a small tub of cream cheese? I was going to order through garden grocer but we don't have $40 worth of groceries. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter