POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
andigomeep said:
My son is in a huge oatmeal phase, do they have oatmeal or a way to bring packets and make it? A microwave that I could use? 38 days!! :banana:

They also have 2 microwaves in the food court that are available for guests to use if you prefer to bring your own. :)

GoofyMB said:
It doesn't say anything about value resorts but I called and booked the bounce back for Pop and was told it is 25% of values. I booked it but have not yet checked the math to verify it was 25%. Right now just taking the CM's word that is the discount I got

Thanks so much

I was just watching some of the videos I took when we were in Disney back in October while I was cleaning my living room.....it took me FOREVER to finish. I kept stopping and watching lol

I will be driving into WDW for our week and bringing an inexpensive toaster. As I'll be flying out I intend to just leave it there. We'll be checking out from WDW on Sunday Feb. 2nd. If anyone will be at POP at that time you are welcome to come pick it up in the morning. PM me.

So we've been home for exactly one month today and I am feeling the Disney blues, especially with all the freezing rain we received over the weekend. Since we came home I've been trying to convince my DH that we should do a trip to Disney, adults only, for our 10 year wedding anniversary coming up on Oct 2, 2014 however he has not been very agreeable to this. He wants us to go to the Caribbean or Cuba or somewhere like that however I am not really a beach person or hot weather person but for him and our anniversary I was willing to do it and wait till 2015 for Disney. I was watching and researching a resort in Cancun last night and discussing it with my DH when he says to me, "Being its our anniversary and I know how much Disney means to you, how about we do Disney." All I could do was stare at him speechless and keep asking him if it was a joke, even today I'm asking that. lol. Nope not a joke and trip has been booked. I am sooooooooooooo happy. So we will be going Sept 28-Oct 4, 2014. We will be celebrating our actual anniversary day there as well. Our anniversary is on Oct 2nd. I have the best husband in the world. So we will be back at POP in 279 days. :cheer2::cheer2:

So we've been home for exactly one month today and I am feeling the Disney blues, especially with all the freezing rain we received over the weekend. Since we came home I've been trying to convince my DH that we should do a trip to Disney, adults only, for our 10 year wedding anniversary coming up on Oct 2, 2014 however he has not been very agreeable to this. He wants us to go to the Caribbean or Cuba or somewhere like that however I am not really a beach person or hot weather person but for him and our anniversary I was willing to do it and wait till 2015 for Disney. I was watching and researching a resort in Cancun last night and discussing it with my DH when he says to me, "Being its our anniversary and I know how much Disney means to you, how about we do Disney." All I could do was stare at him speechless and keep asking him if it was a joke, even today I'm asking that. lol. Nope not a joke and trip has been booked. I am sooooooooooooo happy. So we will be going Sept 28-Oct 4, 2014. We will be celebrating our actual anniversary day there as well. Our anniversary is on Oct 2nd. I have the best husband in the world. So we will be back at POP in 279 days. :cheer2::cheer2:

Congrats!! You've have a great time! With any luck that week will get free dining or a good room discount you can apply to your reservation. We've gone that same time of year many times and love it. Sure it can be hot and wet but the crowds are low and we've always had a fantastic time. Be sure to tell Disney it's your anniversary. Never know what extra pixie dust you may end up with!

Congrats!! You've have a great time! With any luck that week will get free dining or a good room discount you can apply to your reservation. We've gone that same time of year many times and love it. Sure it can be hot and wet but the crowds are low and we've always had a fantastic time. Be sure to tell Disney it's your anniversary. Never know what extra pixie dust you may end up with!

Thanks!!! Yep, hoping for FD again, had it last month but not in 2012. It would be great but not worrying about it this year.

KNovacovschi said:

Yay!!! That's awesome!!

KNovacovschi said:
Yes it definitely is. Now to start planning. I feel like I just finished planning for one Disney vacation and now I'm planning another. Lol. Just not sure how to plan an adult only trip. Yikes!!

I can't wait to plan an adult only trip. I want to do a deluxe resort with the QSDP. But I have quite a few more years until I do that. How are your kids taking your trip without them?? We're going again in November of 2015. I can't wait to start planning again.

I can't wait to plan an adult only trip. I want to do a deluxe resort with the QSDP. But I have quite a few more years until I do that. How are your kids taking your trip without them?? We're going again in November of 2015. I can't wait to start planning again.

She's not exactly happy but she's 16 so I'm sure she'll get over it pretty quickly, what with boys & clothes to think about. Lol

KNovacovschi said:
She's not exactly happy but she's 16 so I'm sure she'll get over it pretty quickly, what with boys & clothes to think about. Lol

Lol...yes there's more important things in a 16 yr old teenage girls life. My daughters 10 and my son is 8....so I have a few yrs yet to do a solo trip...without feeling guilty lol

Merry Christmas to all of my DIS friends!! I hope you all have a fantastic holiday! Tomorrows going to be a little crazy so I wanted to tell everyone today. :)

You are going to have a fabulous time! My DH and I just went on an adult only trip this past October and enjoyed just having to worry about us. We splurged and had an anniversary dinner at the California Grill, attended MNSSHP and took The Keys to the Kingdom Tour. We had an absolute blast!

I've been back home for 2 weeks now and I am surprised that I really want to go back next Dec!! I was the for 8 days and I was pleasantly surprised about Pop Century resort. Was super quiet. In bldg 3, 4th floor. Did online check in and didnt have to wait long at check in desk. Room was very clean. Had fridge......want very cold at first...put something inside and it starts to cool down. Bus service was great. Only had to wait once due to all,those folks with wheelchairs/scooters to load. But not bad. Only really long walk was at MK to the Pop bus stop. For court naturally a little busy at meal times. Only wish there was more choices in cakes beside Chocolate. Loved the refillable mugs. Pick up a ogle drink with your meals and take back to the room for later, use mugs if you eat at the food court. Great drinks at the pool bar.
I really could go for a big Mickey pretzel right now. LOL.
The line for BOG at lunchtime was totally stupid long!!!!!! Can only imagine how it's gonna be in the summertime!
Fast passes to meet the Princesses was genius. Xmas decorations and seeing the castle lit up was fun.
Didn't really care for Animal kingdom for some reason. Just not feelin it. But I did meet Winnie the Pooh and tigger there.
Can have Photopass folks scan ur magic band for pictures. But if you use the photopass Card...hang on to it. I used the card some along with my own camera and not all showed up on the photopass site. Now I've got to hunt my card p and enter the code.

Awesome! Congrats!

I was just watching some of the videos I took when we were in Disney back in October while I was cleaning my living room.....it took me FOREVER to finish. I kept stopping and watching lol

That is so me too. :goodvibes

Merry Christmas to all of my DIS friends!! I hope you all have a fantastic holiday! Tomorrows going to be a little crazy so I wanted to tell everyone today. :)

Hope everyone who celebrates Christmas had a wonderful one!

I've been back home for 2 weeks now and I am surprised that I really want to go back next Dec!! I was the for 8 days and I was pleasantly surprised about Pop Century resort. Was super quiet. In bldg 3, 4th floor. Did online check in and didnt have to wait long at check in desk. Room was very clean. Had fridge......want very cold at first...put something inside and it starts to cool down. Bus service was great. Only had to wait once due to all,those folks with wheelchairs/scooters to load. But not bad. Only really long walk was at MK to the Pop bus stop. For court naturally a little busy at meal times. Only wish there was more choices in cakes beside Chocolate. Loved the refillable mugs. Pick up a ogle drink with your meals and take back to the room for later, use mugs if you eat at the food court. Great drinks at the pool bar.
I really could go for a big Mickey pretzel right now. LOL.
The line for BOG at lunchtime was totally stupid long!!!!!! Can only imagine how it's gonna be in the summertime!
Fast passes to meet the Princesses was genius. Xmas decorations and seeing the castle lit up was fun.
Didn't really care for Animal kingdom for some reason. Just not feelin it. But I did meet Winnie the Pooh and tigger there.
Can have Photopass folks scan ur magic band for pictures. But if you use the photopass Card...hang on to it. I used the card some along with my own camera and not all showed up on the photopass site. Now I've got to hunt my card p and enter the code.

We were there in early December, and fortunately we've been so busy to miss it much! First time in December and we had a great time.

Well, I could go for one of the POP chocolate crossiants... they are soooo good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter