POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
mickeysmith said:
Safe travels to all!! I hope your holidays are wonderful! I will be getting my Disney fix through the DIS!

Me too!! I liked it better though when I was planning my Disney trip. I still have 702 more days until my next trip.

Yes, you can check your bags with luggage services at Pop. Good advice to allow time for them to locate your bags upon pickup, just in case. You don't want to feel rushed to make your DME time. Also nice to tip them. :)

Ahhh tips! That's what I have forgotten! Besides mound keeping and waitstaff who am I forgetting? And I can charge meal tips to the room even on the DDP right?

I'm staying at POP during Christmas week. pixiedust: On our last day Dec 27, we're hoping to go back to the resort to relax around lunchtime and return for our ADR at 5pm in the MK, then enjoy the evening festivities.
Do you think we'll have a problem returning to the MK due to closures for our ADR arrival?:confused3

I'm staying at POP during Christmas week. pixiedust: On our last day Dec 27, we're hoping to go back to the resort to relax around lunchtime and return for our ADR at 5pm in the MK, then enjoy the evening festivities.
Do you think we'll have a problem returning to the MK due to closures for our ADR arrival?

If you mean will you have an issue being admitted to MK, I'd guess it's unlikely there will be an issue. Those staying at a resort as well as those with in-park reservations are admitted through three stages of closure before the fourth level (no new admittance) is reached.

Recommendation for a close to lobby but not around a pool - area?

Last time I was in 50s building 3 and it was really nice but I was facing the pool and it got a little loud once a little league team checked in and stayed in the pool at night. Guess I could ask for the same but on the other side

If you mean will you have an issue being admitted to MK, I'd guess it's unlikely there will be an issue. Those staying at a resort as well as those with in-park reservations are admitted through three stages of closure before the fourth level (no new admittance) is reached.
Info much appreciated :)

Checked into pop today for 14 nights :)

Am in a preferred room in building 1 (have been upgraded from std) and we have new bedding and fridge.

Having loads of fun :)

ChristieK0310 said:
Checked into pop today for 14 nights :)

Am in a preferred room in building 1 (have been upgraded from std) and we have new bedding and fridge.

Having loads of fun :)

Lucky! :)

Yes, you can check your bags with luggage services at Pop. Good advice to allow time for them to locate your bags upon pickup, just in case. You don't want to feel rushed to make your DME time. Also nice to tip them. :)

We did this when we stayed at POR last June. However, when my husband tried to tip them they said they could accept tips. Just a heads up.

We just got back from Pop last weekend - we stayed 11/30-12/7.

I was worried because our last trip was in a BCV 2 bedroom so I was scared Pop would be disappointing but it was GREAT!

We were in 8356 (90's building) - super clean room, great housekeeping. When we checked in on Saturday there was no fridge (I wasn't expecting one) but on Monday or Tuesday (I forget) they installed it :thumbsup2

The cast members were all super friendly at Pop - no issues with the Magic bands. We didn't eat at the food court at all - nothing really appealed to us.

The Pop Warner kids were fine (they showed up towards the end of the week) - honestly I wouldn't have known they were a group if I didn't hear about it ahead of time online.

My daughter (2.5) loved the pools - especially the kids one. We swam 3 times which I was not expecting for Dec!

Sitting in Everything Pop getting ready to eat our last meal here. :( We have had a truly magical trip. I don't want to go home, but I guess we must. No issues with Magic Bands except when I tried to change some on the fly. The Concierge fixed it for me so it was all good.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Recommendation for a close to lobby but not around a pool - area?

Last time I was in 50s building 3 and it was really nice but I was facing the pool and it got a little loud once a little league team checked in and stayed in the pool at night. Guess I could ask for the same but on the other side

The two buildings in the 70's section may be for you. They are just about equally close to the main building as the 50's, but there is no pool in the 70's section at all.

Also, the way things are at Pop now, the 50's (and 80's/90's) rooms facing the pool are priced in a "standard pool view" category, so it may be less likely you'd be assigned a pool-facing room in the 50's unless you reserved that specifically. So you could book standard at Pop and request 50's building 3 and you probably won't be facing the pool.

Interrupting your regularly scheduled programming:surfweb: with a very :bday: wish to your thread hostess with the mostess, Janet!:hug:

Interrupting your regularly scheduled programming:surfweb: with a very :bday: wish to your thread hostess with the mostess, Janet!:hug:

Whoop!! Whoop!! Happy Birthday Janet! Thanks for sharing your Pop knowledge!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Just wanted to share. Checked into Pop on Wed for one night room only. Yesterday morning, checked out and checked back in for our free dining package (12/12-12/18). 3 rooms in Bldg 1 on 1st floor - great location. This morning, we noticed the MBs were not opening the doors. We were heading out at 8:30 to be at HS opening at 9. Stopped at front desk to tell them about our problem and we ended up being at the front desk for 90 minutes! They weren't sure why but it may have had to do with the 2 reservations. They were back and forth with IT and finally had to rebook our entire reservations - we had to add our credit cards again and enter our pins again. They were very apologetic and very nice - ended up giving us extra FPs for every day of our stay. Unfortunately, the problems with just my MB didn't end there - I couldn't get in to HS - but that's another story. Overall, having a great time at Pop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter