POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be fighting for a KTTW card tooth and nail. My son has cognitive disabilities and I cannot imagine what it will be like to spend time trying to get any issues sorted out when he knows we should be doing something else.
You need to be aware that the KTTW card won't exempt you from my magic+ problems though because it works via RIFD chip also. The KTTW at pop also doesn't have a magnetic reading strip to allow you to pull FP-. So if you are staying at pop you will essential be getting a KTTW card that is just a bandless magic band. This is actually true for all value resorts now including AoA. Not trying to squash hopes just want to make sure you are aware for what you are going to be dealing with. If your son has cognitive disabilities I suggest looking into the DAS which may help even out the process for you guys if his difficulty is understanding waits, changes in plans, etc. I'll be crossing my fingers that your trip is smooth as butter and that you have a great time.

All you have to do is have one of you opt out of MBs. If you already customized them, just give it back at check in. Do not ask for it as a backup. They will tell you they don't give them out as backups. You must "opt out".

I think that is so silly. I don't mid opting out of them but I want to keep them as souvineers.

You need to be aware that the KTTW card won't exempt you from my magic+ problems though because it works via RIFD chip also. The KTTW at pop also doesn't have a magnetic reading strip to allow you to pull FP-. So if you are staying at pop you will essential be getting a KTTW card that is just a bandless magic band. This is actually true for all value resorts now including AoA. Not trying to squash hopes just want to make sure you are aware for what you are going to be dealing with. If your son has cognitive disabilities I suggest looking into the DAS which may help even out the process for you guys if his difficulty is understanding waits, changes in plans, etc. I'll be crossing my fingers that your trip is smooth as butter and that you have a great time.

We are planning on trying to get him a DAS. I honestly could care less about pulling extra FP but not being able to get into my room or access my dining credits is a big deal. If he's tired and ready to sleep and we have to wait 30 min to get into our room it's going to be very stressful.

My understanding is that those types of issues are getting better and that when they do appear it is usually only on one persons band. Since all the adults bands can work as room keys and hold dining credits you can most likely use another party members band until evening time when you get back to the resort and can have your band reset. Hopefully everything will move smoothly though. Try not to get stressed based on dis reviews. Go into it with information how to fix any difficulties that may arise but a positive outlook that hopefully you won't need to ever have any difficulties. If you do have difficulties, my advice, you can catch more flys with honey than vinegar. Every time I talk to a CM right now they are exhausted and I have been told that my kindness is a breath of fresh air, subsequently I have had nothing but positive experiences in speaking with them so far concerning all these issues or concerns I have had. Hang in there and hope for the best! I'll be hoping for y'all too!

"If he's tired and ready to sleep and we have to wait 30 min to get into our room it's going to be very stressful."

Not sure it'll make you feel any better, but just to let you know we just stayed at POP about a week ago - during extra-busy Thanksgiving weekend and through early part of following week. While I'm no fan of current FP+ structure/restrictions, I will say the bands themselves worked flawlessly for us...never had a problem opening the room door, charging food/drinks or getting into parks. I know that may not be guaranteed for you, but I do think WDW has fixed more of the issues that were causing huge problems the past few months of testing. Hope you have fun...I love POP!

My understanding is that those types of issues are getting better and that when they do appear it is usually only on one persons band. Since all the adults bands can work as room keys and hold dining credits you can most likely use another party members band until evening time when you get back to the resort and can have your band reset. Hopefully everything will move smoothly though. Try not to get stressed based on dis reviews. Go into it with information how to fix any difficulties that may arise but a positive outlook that hopefully you won't need to ever have any difficulties. If you do have difficulties, my advice, you can catch more flys with honey than vinegar. Every time I talk to a CM right now they are exhausted and I have been told that my kindness is a breath of fresh air, subsequently I have had nothing but positive experiences in speaking with them so far concerning all these issues or concerns I have had. Hang in there and hope for the best! I'll be hoping for y'all too!

Oh I definitely agree. Anything that may happen is not the CMs fault. I feel sorry for them right now. Eight years in retail taught me a lot. They are taking the brunt of the guests anger and it has to be getting old.

I'm hoping hoping everything goes well, I'm just concerned. This is my kids first trip and it's a rather short one bc we aren't sure how DS6 will handle it. I don't want to spend hours trying to get issues fixed when it all could be avoided by allowing back up cards. I know the issues are getting better but there still are issues. It's new technology, there are always kinks in new technology (another thing retail taught me). I can handle that. I just think there are still a few to many kinks for them to go magic band only.

Also remember the RFID that is in the band to open the room is also in the key card to open the room. Have a KTTW doesn't mean you will have few problems getting into the room. Additionally the POP KTTW cards are demagnetized so they won't be able to swipe that card either for food or room charge. Again, it will all be RFID which could work or not work just the same as on the band.

Coming back for 4 day from 2/28/14 to 3/3/14. Staying here for the first time as it was one of the only places left where I could get my sisters 40% employee discount. Got a preferred room for the fiance and I. It's is a decent place?

We will be arriving via car on Christmas Day around 5pm. What kind of crowds might be expected at the check in counter? I was thinking (hoping) that maybe since it is Christmas day most people who were planning on going to WDW would already be there and the check-in would go fairly quickly.

We have Chef Mickey ADR's for 6:30, does anyone know how much time we should allow for check in at Pop so that we are able to make it to the Contemporary by 6:30?

So excited! Just booked bounce back for next year and we're staying at pop! Can't wait! We've missed pop this year!

Leaving early Thursday morning. Heading into last minute packing overload! Cannot even believe it is so close! Been counting down since July. Best part? Kids don't even know yet!

Leaving early Thursday morning. Heading into last minute packing overload! Cannot even believe it is so close! Been counting down since July. Best part? Kids don't even know yet!

So exciting! I don't even know how you have managed to keep it a secret!

Have you got something special organised to tell them about it?

Coming back for 4 day from 2/28/14 to 3/3/14. Staying here for the first time as it was one of the only places left where I could get my sisters 40% employee discount. Got a preferred room for the fiance and I. It's is a decent place?

Yes! We love Pop. Hopefully you will too! :goodvibes

So exciting! I don't even know how you have managed to keep it a secret!

Have you got something special organised to tell them about it?

Yes!
Our elf arrived with a special package right after Thanksgiving.
The tag reads, "Do not open till December 11. 4:00 pm."
The top of the unwrapped box has a poem and when it is opened, it spills the secret.
They have little to no interest in the box! Currently, they think its pajamas. Ha!
I will be glad when they know so I can quit editing every thought I have before I say it out loud.
We have Mickey pj's, personalized t shirts, and fleece jackets wrapped up to open upon arrival at Pop!

Soo I booked pop Dec 1-6 knowing I would be leaving late at night on the 5th. I only booked the extra night so that I could spend all day at the parks and not have to worry about getting packed up and leaving my stuff in a warm car all day.

I check out on the 5th around 8:30 at night, the nice lady at the counter tells me "because it's after 1, we can't give you a refund for this night" I tell her that's no problem as I had already known I would be checking out that day and didn't expect any type of compensation.

Today I wake up and find that they have refunded me around the same price as a one night stay...

hello unexpected Christmas shopping money!

Soo I booked pop Dec 1-6 knowing I would be leaving late at night on the 5th. I only booked the extra night so that I could spend all day at the parks and not have to worry about getting packed up and leaving my stuff in a warm car all day. I check out on the 5th around 8:30 at night, the nice lady at the counter tells me "because it's after 1, we can't give you a refund for this night" I tell her that's no problem as I had already known I would be checking out that day and didn't expect any type of compensation. Today I wake up and find that they have refunded me around the same price as a one night stay... hello unexpected Christmas shopping money!
Awesome! Sometimes when people are nice they get nice in return! Merry Christmas!

Safe travels to all!! I hope your holidays are wonderful! I will be getting my Disney fix through the DIS!

I swear I read something somewhere and now I can't find it and am 2nd guessing myself.

On departure day, can you leave your luggage at the resort while you spend time at the parks or DTD? Our flight isn't until 6pm (thinking ME pickup around 3pm) and we have breakfast reservations that morning that I am afraid we wouldn't make it back by check out, but could check out before we left.

Thanks for you help!

IOn departure day, can you leave your luggage at the resort while you spend time at the parks or DTD? Our flight isn't until 6pm (thinking ME pickup around 3pm) and we have breakfast reservations that morning that I am afraid we wouldn't make it back by check out, but could check out before we left.

Thanks for you help!

Yes, you can check your bags with luggage services at Pop. Good advice to allow time for them to locate your bags upon pickup, just in case. You don't want to feel rushed to make your DME time. Also nice to tip them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter