POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes and no. because of the afternoon pool party, the party leaders (DJs, we call them yellow jackets;) cause they were the yellow shirts and we find them annoying) will BLAST "pop"music out over the nice 60's background music, and I do mean Blast. so instead you will hear katy perry, beyonce etc.

Wasn't that bad a couple of weeks ago, not loud at all.

Any thoughts on Pop v. Music?

We were set to book Sports until I found out about the dining issues. So it will either be Music or Pop for us.

Pop will cost only $65 more, which is fine, but I feel like it's $65 for nothing. The food is supposedly marginally better at Pop? The rooms are identical (theming doesn't matter to us). Is it really worth $65 for dedicated bus service and slightly better food options?

My only concern with Music is, it will be a mad house since the guests that usually stay at Sports will now stay at Movies or Music (end of October).

I think the changes to the pop food court make the Music food court a better choice. but I do think it will be crowded cause of the sports food court being closed. and you can walk over to AOA food court, also (we weren't thrilled with that either, but we aren't very adventurous eaters. I liked it better than hubby.)

also, at pop you have the lake, even if you don't have a lake view, it's pretty to walk along.

at pop you have 3 pools. the bowling pin pool is really big.

I liek music for just us adults, the themeing is a little more "adult". but as said, if not paying for preferred, ask for Jazz the other 3 sections are a really long walk, esp. the country faire section
Wondering is this possible to do from POP? I remember being able to see some of the construction going on from POP, but not sure if that means it is in walking distance.

We were originally going to stay at AoA, but due to being able to save $500 I chose POP! ;)

But would still like to see some of AoA and maybe even enjoy a Caprese Sandwich from there. popcorn::

yes you can walk over, use the buses, food court, explore, take pictures, etc. teh pools are fenced, however.

yes and no. because of the afternoon pool party, the party leaders (DJs, we call them yellow jackets;) cause they were the yellow shirts and we find them annoying) will BLAST "pop"music out over the nice 60's background music, and I do mean Blast. so instead you will hear katy perry, beyonce etc.

What sort of activities happen at the resort?? And when? And they do Movies Under the Stars right...in a pool?

What sort of activities happen at the resort?? And when? And they do Movies Under the Stars right...in a pool?

every afternoon they have the party. they play games, ie,pass the water balloon, games in the pools sometimes, disney trivia, bingo, etc. different every day.

and every night they have a movie. the screen is set up by the entrance to bldg. 5 at the hippy dippypool they have low seats to sit in , or you can see it from the pool.

every afternoon they have the party. they play games, ie,pass the water balloon, games in the pools sometimes, disney trivia, bingo, etc. different every day.

and every night they have a movie. the screen is set up by the entrance to bldg. 5 at the hippy dippypool they have low seats to sit in , or you can see it from the pool.

Eek! Thanks! I'm so excited! We arrive 42 days tomorrow!!

smidgy said:

It isn't always set up that way... when we have been there, it was set up in a way that there is no way you could have seen it from the pool. It was set up so that you saw the screen as you exited the food court. I think it just depends.... I have also seen it set up in an area over more between the 60's and 70's too. :)

OThopeful35 said:
Went to two different ice machines and NO ice :mad:

I was thinking that this might end up being a problem w/ all these non working fridges and people bringing coolers and needing to fill them with ice over and over......this should prove to be interesting!!!

No, I don't think the resorts have BGM (background music) playing in the room areas.

Yes they do :thumbsup2

POP does - the 50s section, for example, has 50s era music playing near the bowling pin pool. They turn the music off at night.

Hey there all, we will be at POP from Dec 12 - 19. Mum will have an ECV. We will be catching the bus from POP to all the parks, will she be able to have the ECV on the bus? How does that work. We are full on newbies to WDW. This will be our first ever visit from Aus.

Thanks

:dance3: :cool1:

Thinking about staying here on our trip aug 25 to 26. Anyone have words of wisdom I can use to get a king bed here?

Make sure the request is added to your reservation. Call/email whoever you book the room with (whether direct through Disney or a travel agent) and have them note your request.

I'm not sure if you can make your request while booking or not, but adding it afterwards should be fine.

Hey there all, we will be at POP from Dec 12 - 19. Mum will have an ECV. We will be catching the bus from POP to all the parks, will she be able to have the ECV on the bus? How does that work. We are full on newbies to WDW. This will be our first ever visit from Aus.

Thanks

Yes, the buses have a lift and a section inside to park wheelchairs and ECVs.

Thank you to all who posted your thoughts and advice in our situation. Tell me what you think of my possible worse case plan. We arrive on the 17th of Aug. at pop for our room only if mum can't come what if I talk direct to guest services at Pop upon arrival regarding the checking in for the following day where our actual package begins?? I am wondering if less mistakes may occur if i do it face to face? I wouldnt want things to e can elled by mistake just altered. This is so mucked up. Thank you janetb for your thoughts I appreciate any positive hope!

I do not recommend waiting until you arrive to address your mom's situation. The front desk staff can't make those changes to the reservation. It isn't appropriate to expect that the resort will make those changes to your stay. It is a package. Think a prix fixe menu v. a la carte.

Call as soon as you know your mom isn't coming and the reservation agents will make the appropriate changes and you will get your money back.

Went to two different ice machines and NO ice :mad:

this doesn't surprise me.

before when fridges were not included, people expected this. they could pay $10 (then it became $15) to a day for a fridge. but those who didn't just planned to eat at the food court, etc. they knew they wouldn't have a fridge.

but now, people planned on the fridge, and planned accordingly. ie, to bring milk , yogurt, wahtever.

on the l o n g thread (I think it got closed?) about the fridges, everyone was saying "just bring a soft sided cooler."

well, the ice for all those coolers has to come from somewhere..

IlovePumbaa said:

Thanks

At the bus stops there will be a 'special' area for her to wait on her ECV so that she can load onto the bus first while it is empty (on the way TO the park) she will load thru the back door and the bus drivers are really pretty good about helping guests with the procedure so no need to fret. You will also be allowed to board at that time with your mother (up to 5 add'l people + mom for a total of six if needed...less is always fine). When leaving the parks, I generally ask what the procedure is because it seems to change REGULARLY as far as whether they want ECVS to queue up or not!!! The only one I have found to be consisient is MK and they want ECVs to queue up. The other parks tend not to have ECVs queue up, but every once in awhile they do... so I never seem to know which way it's going to go! LOL! But it's pretty easy to manage! Good Luck & Enjoy!!! :)

I was thinking that this might end up being a problem w/ all these non working fridges and people bringing coolers and needing to fill them with ice over and over......this should prove to be interesting!!!

Had no problem at the ice machine we used. We filled our cooler every morning and evening and there was always ice. I saw quite a few people doing the same thing.

I want to thank all the POP experts who said some standard rooms are just as good as the preferred rooms. We are in the 70's building and Classic Hall is about a minute and a half away. I saved some money!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter