• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really great advice, thanks.

We will be eating breakfasts at the resort, lunches at the park, and dinners usually at the parks but possibly at the resort if we get tired.

I didn't think about walking over to AoA, that is a great point.

The bus issue is important, as you point out. But I guess I'm thinking of our last stay when Sports had dedicated bus service, so I don't know what it's like to possibly share bus service with the other All-Stars - I imagine it's not fun.

Depending on what you eat for breakfast, Sports might be the better choice if the theme is more to your liking. Even when Sports shares their bus during non peak hours, they are the first to be picked up and the first to be dropped off. They will have grab and go items and drinks available in the arcade. I would think that the resort would be pretty slow if you end up going there. That said, I love POP and that is where we have stayed the last 5 straight years. We thought about going back to Sports this year, but we need our POP ice cream sundaes too badly. ;)

Depending on what you eat for breakfast, Sports might be the better choice if the theme is more to your liking. Even when Sports shares their bus during non peak hours, they are the first to be picked up and the first to be dropped off. They will have grab and go items and drinks available in the arcade. I would think that the resort would be pretty slow if you end up going there. That said, I love POP and that is where we have stayed the last 5 straight years. We thought about going back to Sports this year, but we need our POP ice cream sundaes too badly. ;)

I guess it depends on what they mean by "grab and go" items. If they'll have all the usual baked goods and juice, milk, etc., then we can make it work.

The bus issue is important, as you point out. But I guess I'm thinking of our last stay when Sports had dedicated bus service, so I don't know what it's like to possibly share bus service with the other All-Stars - I imagine it's not fun.

The sharing experience can vary. We had a private bus to Epcot from ASMu one morning for example. I don't think it's worth worrying about.

Any thoughts on Pop v. Music?

Pop will cost only $65 more, which is fine, but I feel like it's $65 for nothing. The food is supposedly marginally better at Pop? The rooms are identical (theming doesn't matter to us). Is it really worth $65 for dedicated bus service and slightly better food options?

I have stayed at Music twice and loved it. Food court was great and buses were amazing.

But.........have you looked at a map of Music? I will not stay there again unless I get a preferred room. So for me it costs an extra $15 per night to stay at Music.
At Pop, a standard room is just fine.

Wondering is this possible to do from POP? I remember being able to see some of the construction going on from POP, but not sure if that means it is in walking distance.

We were originally going to stay at AoA, but due to being able to save $500 I chose POP! ;)

But would still like to see some of AoA and maybe even enjoy a Caprese Sandwich from there. popcorn::

Wondering is this possible to do from POP? I remember being able to see some of the construction going on from POP, but not sure if that means it is in walking distance.

We were originally going to stay at AoA, but due to being able to save $500 I chose POP! ;)

But would still like to see some of AoA and maybe even enjoy a Caprese Sandwich from there. popcorn::

Yes, just straight over the bridge :) Oh and we plan on doing the same!

In addition to the bridge over the middle of the lake, there is a walking/jogging path all around the lake. You should definitely walk over to AoA and look at the various sections. They've done a great job with the theming and you can get some wonderful photos. It's a very pleasant walk.

In addition to the bridge over the middle of the lake, there is a walking/jogging path all around the lake. You should definitely walk over to AoA and look at the various sections. They've done a great job with the theming and you can get some wonderful photos. It's a very pleasant walk.

Very glad to hear this. Thanks to both of you. We will have one day at the resort for; laundry, swimming and now AoA. :goodvibes

If I requested the 60s or 70s what is the furthest I could potentially be from food court and buses? Not too bad?

ToyStory3 said:
If I requested the 60s or 70s what is the furthest I could potentially be from food court and buses? Not too bad?

Not bad at all. In December I had the farthest room in building 5, top floor and it still took me maybe 3 minutes from my door to the bus stops.

We have 8am (8:10?) ADR at CRT. Staying at POP in Preferred. What time would you suggest we leave the room?? How early to busses run?

Also, considering eating TS before MK EMH but I wanted to have some time to relax at resort beforehand but also don't want to miss the 8pm Parade. I'm concerned with travel time. Any suggestions for somewhere nice for DD3, DH, me and my mom & brother...that wouldn't be too much travel time from POP?! (Not too fancy and not character...or very exotic food lol)

Thinking about staying here on our trip aug 25 to 26. Anyone have words of wisdom I can use to get a king bed here?

We have 8am (8:10?) ADR at CRT. Staying at POP in Preferred. What time would you suggest we leave the room?? How early to busses run?

Also, considering eating TS before MK EMH but I wanted to have some time to relax at resort beforehand but also don't want to miss the 8pm Parade. I'm concerned with travel time. Any suggestions for somewhere nice for DD3, DH, me and my mom & brother...that wouldn't be too much travel time from POP?! (Not too fancy and not character...or very exotic food lol)

I believe busses start at 6:30/6:45. I'd give 45 minutes at the latest.

We have 8am (8:10?) ADR at CRT.
Woohoo! Just looked at our ressies and they're at 8:30! An extra half hour of sleep! Luckily it's our first morning in the parks so we'll be well rested from our travel the day before...since we're spending arrival day at the pool & DTD :)

We stayed at AoA and took a 'Pop' over, I really love the theming.

Next time we go I would like to book here, and it's extra boosted by having the lovely AoA resort too next to it bringing in another food court which is a bonus.

One question, do they play music within each of the different areas? i.e. 50's area has music from that era, etc etc?

FD

yes and no. because of the afternoon pool party, the party leaders (DJs, we call them yellow jackets;) cause they were the yellow shirts and we find them annoying) will BLAST "pop"music out over the nice 60's background music, and I do mean Blast. so instead you will hear katy perry, beyonce etc.

I think that will happen at AOA eventually too.. from the LM building by the parking lot, there is no walkway to the center towards the lion king section.. you have to walk along the lot and then there is a path. saw a lot of people cutting over. also, they make you walk around a circle of grass that is there for no reason.:confused3
When Pop opened that path wasn't there but so many guests wore a path because it was the quickest way to get from parts of building 1 to Classic Hall. I walked that dirt path myself a few times. After awhile I guess they decided to make it a real path. That's probably why it isn't on any maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter