POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we are super excited. My husband is currently deployed and in his absence, I am bringing my sister to assist me in the care of my daughters, Abby and Emma. Abby is celebrating her 7th birthday. We have three character meals planned, the first beginning at Cape May @ 7:40am Friday morning. Should I drive, take a bus, cab? It looks like its supposed to rain on Friday too which I hope is just typical Florida weather, rain a bit and then stop. Which park should we go right after breakfast that is closer to Cape May? What's rope drop? Bus, car or cab? I'm so overwhelmed but cannot wait! We will arrive tomorrow evening around 6pm. SUPER EXCITED!!!

I agree with everything you said about POP! I was really considering staying at a Mod for the first time this upcoming trip, but I decided that I love POP too much to try another resort, at least for now. I probably will someday stay in another resort (I would like to stay at AKL with a savannah view one day), but I don't think of POP as a Value, I think of it as a great place to stay! :goodvibes

Perfectly stated. :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

And we are super excited. My husband is currently deployed and in his absence, I am bringing my sister to assist me in the care of my daughters, Abby and Emma. Abby is celebrating her 7th birthday. We have three character meals planned, the first beginning at Cape May @ 7:40am Friday morning. Should I drive, take a bus, cab? It looks like its supposed to rain on Friday too which I hope is just typical Florida weather, rain a bit and then stop. Which park should we go right after breakfast that is closer to Cape May? What's rope drop? Bus, car or cab? I'm so overwhelmed but cannot wait! We will arrive tomorrow evening around 6pm. SUPER EXCITED!!!

:wave2: stephanieaustin77! What fun you will have on your first trip to Disney! :cool1:

Buses do start running early ... you can take a bus to Hollywood Studios and switch to a bus for the Beach Club, or walk the path over to the resort from the front of Hollywood Studos. I've never done this, and you may not want to with 2 young children. There is a boat from HS to the Epcot resorts but not sure if it runs that early. Other DISers will certainly know.:goodvibes

With a car, you can drive to the Beach Club, but realize you cannot leave the car at the resort and go into a park. Which means driving to Epcot or Hollywood Studios (which are the closest parks) and parking in those lots (it's not a huge issue). If you do intially take a bus to the BC, both parks are accessible by foot or boat from the Beach Club. For Epcot the boat brings you to the back of World Showcase (International Gateway).

Rope drop is getting to a park before it opens, so you can see any pre-opening ceremonies and enter the park when the cast members pull away the rope and the park officially opens for business. :)

Thank you to your DH (and your family) for his service to our country. :goodvibes

Have a wonderful time ... do ask for your "First Visit" and Happy Birthday buttons if you do not recieve them at check in. Sometimes guests can receive some pixie dust in the parks or at restaurants so do have your celebrations noted in your dining reservations as well as your room reservation -- and wear your buttons!! :dance3:

You don't want to walk with 2 kids from HS, it not a short walk. I have done it alone very late at night like midnight because the boats were having issues.

If there is going to be rain I would just drive then drive to your park choice. :)

Does anyone know if All About Pop sells 2L cokes? Thanks! Looking forward to our first PoP stay in just over a month :-)

Just hit me!!
We've been back for 3 weeks on saturday.
The last weeks have been CRAZY at work and with family but now tonite... I have the Disney and the POP blues :sad2:

I've always wanted to stay in one of those rooms right next to the Hippy Dippy Pool so I booked a preferred pool view and requested the ground floor. I just think it would be so neat to walk right out your door and be at the main pool.

Has anyone ever stayed in one of those rooms? I'm wondering, too, if preferred pool view might include the rooms that overlook the baby pool and the landscaped area closer to the lake?

HappyGal said:
I've always wanted to stay in one of those rooms right next to the Hippy Dippy Pool so I booked a preferred pool view and requested the ground floor. I just think it would be so neat to walk right out your door and be at the main pool.

Has anyone ever stayed in one of those rooms? I'm wondering, too, if preferred pool view might include the rooms that overlook the baby pool and the landscaped area closer to the lake?

I will be there in a PPV room in 7 days. I believe PPV rooms only over look the main pool.

We have stayed at Pop several times but always just take what ever room they give us. We will be there in December and splurged and got a preferred pool room too. I would also love the first floor.

According to the room map in post #1 of the FAQ, the rooms overlooking the kids pool are preferred view vs. preferred pool view. Preferred pool view rooms are the rooms from the icon section toward Classic Hall and look at the Hippy Dippy Pool. There are also different room rates for preferred view and preferred pool view.

Just hit me!!
We've been back for 3 weeks on saturday.
The last weeks have been CRAZY at work and with family but now tonite... I have the Disney and the POP blues :sad2:

So sorry those blues have finally hit you... BUT, the well known cure for the Disney blues is having another trip planned ... so, get crackin'!:)

Does anyone know if All About Pop sells 2L cokes? Thanks! Looking forward to our first PoP stay in just over a month :-)

I don't believe so, just the regular 20 oz. (of course you have the refillable mug option too).

And :yay: for your first ever upcoming POP stay! :hippie:

According to the room map in post #1 of the FAQ, the rooms overlooking the kids pool are preferred view vs. preferred pool view. Preferred pool view rooms are the rooms from the icon section toward Classic Hall and look at the Hippy Dippy Pool. There are also different room rates for preferred view and preferred pool view.

Thanks jcarwash you explained the difference well. :thumbsup2

HappyGal .. Pref pool view is a way to guarantee yourself right where you want to be ...FYI, in August we were in Bldg 4 (playdoh), 2nd floor and right around the corner from the elevator ...as close to Pref Pool view as we can be staying standard. The 60s location is great. :thumbsup2

Can the beds be pushed together? The kids like to pile in bed with us on vacation and double beds by themselves are so small.
Thanks!!

Can the beds be pushed together? The kids like to pile in bed with us on vacation and double beds by themselves are so small.
Thanks!!

We stayed there a couple of years ago and I do not think you can move the beds.

That's correct :)... unfortunately the beds are on permanent pedestals and are not moveable (handicap accessible rooms are the exception).

We ended up booking 2 rooms so we can spread out and have 2 bathrooms!! It ended up being $600 less than AoA suites.
We're super excited!!!:cheer2:

We ended up booking 2 rooms so we can spread out and have 2 bathrooms!! It ended up being $600 less than AoA suites.
We're super excited!!!:cheer2:

This is exactly why we were at POP in August and not tempted to try the suites .. it was about $150 more to stay at AoA. We just liked the idea of 4 regular beds... plus we love POP! We requested and received connecting rooms so it was nice to be able to spread out between the 2 rooms (which was good, as we had 5 females! :goodvibes

Janet B said:
That's correct :)... unfortunately the beds are on permanent pedestals and are not moveable (handicap accessible rooms are the exception).

When we stayed there a couple of weeks ago, we were able to move one of the beds to the wall.

I can't wait to get back to POP! We stayed there in May 2011, this year we stayed at OKW, and in 2013 we are booked 5/9-5/19 at POP again. OKW was a beautiful resort and the room amenities were luxurious, of course, but we actually left saying that we couldn't wait to stay at POP again. I need those Mickey waffles at the crack of dawn to get me going! :)

We are arriving at POP on October 31; my last trip to Disney was 1981. So looking forward to experiencing Disney with my niece, nephew and sister-in-law. My question is about The Disney transportation. We are booked for a character breakfast at Akershas at 8 am on Saturday. The first page of this board gives you information of getting to other Character breakfasts but not Epcots. Will we be able to use ME to get here? If so what time should we be in line to get the bus? How long will it take us to walk to Akershas?
Thanks.

We leave on 11/21 for pop and I have to put in for my time off in 2013 before we leave I was wondering what the current dates are being offered specifically in August? Also is it free dining and do I have to upgrade to full dining plan at the same time? Thank you for any answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter