POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
:dance3: Thank you so much Janet, You are alsome:dance3:
I am not going until next year but I sure will give you my input about AOA.

Thank you Janet great info again! Smitch425 great idea. Itinkso Thank you for the reply, i was just going to go to Disney and rent a car and pay for it there. Looking at the links you gave, wow it seems if i know what i was doing i could save a book before i leave. Just don't know here to start. I did have a read on mousesavers but it seems to be only for US residents? A price from Alamo for a 4 door small car with GPS is $265 for the week 10/28 - 11/04, is that a good price? From the look of it, it does include the insurance (fully inc).

We'll be at WDW the same time as you (Oct 27th-Nov 4th). We rent at the airport and currently have a Premium car rented through Alamo for $212 total with all fees, but our trip is one day less than yours, I already have my own GPS, so will not be renting theirs, and will also be refusing their insurance as my own car insurance and my credit card both cover car rental coverage. So taking all of that into consideration, your price looks pretty good to me. In my case, I had a compact car rented for $242.00, until earlier this week, when I used my Alamo insider number, a $30.00 off Visa code (AD2338FDF), and a Costco member ID code, at which point the Premium car round up being cheaper than the Compacts, Midsize, or Full size cars.:confused3 If you have not signed up for the Alamo Insider, do so, it's free, then if you have a VISA or Costco membership, you can also use those.

You may be able to use the SUNPROMO discount at Alamo. It's good for 15% off I belive, but can't be used with any other discount though.

Budget has a Wendies code you might be able to use (D454300) and again if you have a Costco membership you can add the coupon MUGZ029. You may also want to check Dollar over the next few days. They have Daily Specials that change from day to day (and sometimes hour to hour:rotfl:). I'm still checking every day trying to get mine down some more. When we were there last month (the first week of Sept) we got a midsize car for $125.00 for the week, but the price didn't come down that low until just a few days before our trip.

Does anyone happen to know the measurements of the pack and plays at POP?
Planning to sleep our then 2y old in one, but she's tall - if they are standard sized playpens we should be okay, but I know sometimes hotels have mini ones...

I know we can get bed rails, but she still sleeps in a crib at home, and I think putting her in a bed would probably lead to a sleepless night for all of us!

I guess our other option is renting a crib, anyone do this?

Thanks in advance:)

The pack and play we always got for our DS was the normal one, the same as we had at home. You can bring your own sheets for it if you want, and Disney will provide them also.

hello everyone I have a question...If calling ahead to make a room request (i know its not guaranteed) how far in advance should you call? When do they assign rooms?

We'll be at WDW the same time as you (Oct 27th-Nov 4th). We rent at the airport and currently have a Premium car rented through Alamo for $212 total with all fees, but our trip is one day less than yours, I already have my own GPS, so will not be renting theirs, and will also be refusing their insurance as my own car insurance and my credit card both cover car rental coverage. So taking all of that into consideration, your price looks pretty good to me. In my case, I had a compact car rented for $242.00, until earlier this week, when I used my Alamo insider number, a $30.00 off Visa code (AD2338FDF), and a Costco member ID code, at which point the Premium car round up being cheaper than the Compacts, Midsize, or Full size cars.:confused3 If you have not signed up for the Alamo Insider, do so, it's free, then if you have a VISA or Costco membership, you can also use those.

You may be able to use the SUNPROMO discount at Alamo. It's good for 15% off I belive, but can't be used with any other discount though.

Budget has a Wendies code you might be able to use (D454300) and again if you have a Costco membership you can add the coupon MUGZ029. You may also want to check Dollar over the next few days. They have Daily Specials that change from day to day (and sometimes hour to hour:rotfl:). I'm still checking every day trying to get mine down some more. When we were there last month (the first week of Sept) we got a midsize car for $125.00 for the week, but the price didn't come down that low until just a few days before our trip.

Many thanks for the great information! I did use the codes on the .com alamo site but even with all them put together the .co.uk alamo site was far cheaper. I have booked a 4 door compact with GPS and all tax and insurance for $260 for the week. I feel that is a good price and am happy with the deal. We changed our £ for $ today and the kids are very excited now. What a great thread with great people helping! Thank you all very much for your help up to now. :love:

Thanks for sharing the great info! I'm going to keep checking up until the time we go - I wasn't aware we could stack Costco code.

Just to add to this, if you are using a CS credit at POP's food court, you get a drink with your meal in addition to using your refillable mug, so if both of the adults get CS meals, both of them can grab a bottled juice and one of them drinks juice, one drinks soda with their mug and then just save one bottle for later. :goodvibes

Excellent point smitch425!! :goodvibes

Also LeeBobDerby ... and when you get a dessert at POP you can elect to get an ice cream sundae ... and you can get it after you eat your meal ...there's a timeframe to return (approx an hour) to pick up the sundae.

Also the KING cupcake (named after Elvis :cool2:) is a snack credit on the meal plan ... it's yummy, chocolate cupcake, peanut butter frosting, candied bacon, drizzed with chocolate. :thumbsup2

Thank you Janet great info again! Smitch425 great idea. Itinkso Thank you for the reply, i was just going to go to Disney and rent a car and pay for it there. Looking at the links you gave, wow it seems if i know what i was doing i could save a book before i leave. Just don't know here to start. I did have a read on mousesavers but it seems to be only for US residents? A price from Alamo for a 4 door small car with GPS is $265 for the week 10/28 - 11/04, is that a good price? From the look of it, it does include the insurance (fully inc).

:goodvibes We all get educated with every single trip .... and education is good, right? So you need to be thinking about another trip after this one!! :cool1:

:dance3: Thank you so much Janet, You are alsome:dance3:
I am not going until next year but I sure will give you my input about AOA.

You are very welcome Penni! :goodvibes And if my friend does stay the one night I mentioned to you (questionable she IS a resort changer :)) I will pass along any info to you!!

Just checked your December '13 dates ... We have a tenative trip around the same time! :yay:

hello everyone I have a question...If calling ahead to make a room request (i know its not guaranteed) how far in advance should you call? When do they assign rooms?

You can call anytime to add any request(s) - we usually do so at the time we make the reservation. Keep in mind that within 10 days of arrival you can do on-line check-in and make certain room/location requests. Be sure however, to add any requests no later than 4 days prior to arrival. :)

Question about online checkin....We arrive on 10/31 @ 11:00pm...when should we be able to do online check in?

Decided to plan our October 2013 trip for POP. Had thought about Art of Animation but since we'll be staying in a normal room not a suite, we didn't want to be out in the boondocks. So we've booked Pop Preferred (hoping for 50s)

PhoenixStrength said:
Today. You can do online check in 10 days prior to your check-in date :goodvibes

I thought so but it is telling me that my information does not match their records....confused!!

I did call and I am using the right info!

you are allowed 2 room requests during online check-in (at least i was).

You're right, when they changed the online check-in last year they added the option of 2 room requests, so the PP is incorrect. You are limited to what you can request that way, so it is a good idea to call requests in too.

My TA entered my room request when she made my reservations, do I still need to call and request them?

No, your requests should be noted on your reservation ... and you can always ask your TA to confirm the details. :)

Decided to plan our October 2013 trip for POP. Had thought about Art of Animation but since we'll be staying in a normal room not a suite, we didn't want to be out in the boondocks. So we've booked Pop Preferred (hoping for 50s)

:yay: 50s is so cool :cool2: ... and that's our thing too, we don't need the suite with the extra $$, and the fact that the standard rooms are way off to one side, we figure we can stay at POP what we know and love and walk over over to explore the grounds and eat at the Food Court. :goodvibes

Excellent point smitch425!! :goodvibes

Also LeeBobDerby ... and when you get a dessert at POP you can elect to get an ice cream sundae ... and you can get it after you eat your meal ...there's a timeframe to return (approx an hour) to pick up the sundae.

Also the KING cupcake (named after Elvis :cool2:) is a snack credit on the meal plan ... it's yummy, chocolate cupcake, peanut butter frosting, candied bacon, drizzed with chocolate. :thumbsup2

:goodvibes We all get educated with every single trip .... and education is good, right? So you need to be thinking about another trip after this one!! :cool1:

You are very welcome Penni! :goodvibes And if my friend does stay the one night I mentioned to you (questionable she IS a resort changer :)) I will pass along any info to you!!

Just checked your December '13 dates ... We have a tenative trip around the same time! :yay:

:yay: Thanks I am always here for any clients :yay: Also it would be great if you go the same time I do next year...Would love to meet you.:thumbsup2

i just wanted to say that we are leaving tomorrow morning and should be in the world by 6pm!!!!! during our week there, we'll be hitting up all 4 parks, mnsshp, and f&w festival! i am sooooo excited! :dance3:

thanks to everyone for all of your advice, suggestions, trip reports, tips, etc!! :goodvibes

i'll be back next tuesday and will work on a trip report!!! :cool1:

:yay: Thanks I am always here for any clients :yay: Also it would be great if you go the same time I do next year...Would love to meet you.:thumbsup2

Same here Penni!! :goodvibes We will have to wait to see what 2013 brings, but definitely plan to meet up if we are both there at the same time in December! :)

i just wanted to say that we are leaving tomorrow morning and should be in the world by 6pm!!!!! during our week there, we'll be hitting up all 4 parks, mnsshp, and f&w festival! i am sooooo excited! :dance3:

thanks to everyone for all of your advice, suggestions, trip reports, tips, etc!! :goodvibes

i'll be back next tuesday and will work on a trip report!!! :cool1:

I missed you but still wishing you safe travels!! :goodvibes Have a great time! We look forward to your TR! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter