POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.
Sorry, no pool sharing between POP & AoA. :(
That is the official answer. Now people may report back that they were lucky enough to get to use the pool but officially you are supposed to be staying at AoA to use the pools there. They are gated and 'generally' require a room key to enter but sometimes a guest will not latch the gate behind them.

Thanks. I thought I had read at one time you could but I wanted to double check.

declansdad said:
Thanks. I thought I had read at one time you could but I wanted to double check.

I think during the early opening stages of the hotel, they were allowing guests from POP to use the pools....IIRC somewhat to help train the lifeguards with larger groups since only one section was open and then two. But I could be wrong on the reason. But Yes, there were many POP guests reporting they were allowed to use the pool over there. That hasn't been the case in awhile though to the best of my knowledge and I've spent 38 nights at POP this year alone. ;)

I think during the early opening stages of the hotel, they were allowing guests from POP to use the pools....IIRC somewhat to help train the lifeguards with larger groups since only one section was open and then two. But I could be wrong on the reason. But Yes, there were many POP guests reporting they were allowed to use the pool over there. That hasn't been the case in awhile though to the best of my knowledge and I've spent 38 nights at POP this year alone. ;)

LOL, do you have you mail delivered there? :lmao:

declansdad said:
LOL, do you have you mail delivered there? :lmao:

No, but I have developed personal friendships with a handful of the CMs that work there since I have spent so much time there. And many look out for me and I have learned a TON from all the "Extra" info they share with me! I have personal contact info for several in different depts. I am very friendly and also very nice and when I have a need or complaint I approach them calmly & rationally. I have been told this is why they have given me direct contact info because of the way I conduct myself...not saying it to brag...just repeating what was said to me. There are TONS of GREAT CMs at POP! That's part of what I love, their full time turnover rate is pretty low and the atmosphere is just the bomb IMO! :)

Edited to add...I have had to have pkgs sent to me there and they are AWESOME about that! I let them know I was expecting an important one and to call me on my cell when it arrived. Well they did, and then asked if I wanted someone to run it down to my room right away??!! WOW!!!

EmpressBubbles said:
I'm pretty sure this is no longer an issue, but when it was I would purchase a helium balloon and tie it to one of the chairs. It would sway and bounce all night in the air movement from the AC, which in turn kept the AC on.

(Ok, I have to be honest. I still use the balloon. When else does a grown woman get to buy a balloon for herself????) :rotfl2:

Lol..that's a great idea!

Sorry to brag with excitement but my wife and I are just 2 days away from checking in (less than that now if you count hours!) We're so excited! I just called the resort to request a king-bed room, so we'll see if we luck out with that request.

ats360 said:
sorry to brag with excitement but my wife and i are just 2 days away from checking in (less than that now if you count hours!) we're so excited! I just called the resort to request a king-bed room, so we'll see if we luck out with that request.

enjoy!!! :)

Sorry to brag with excitement but my wife and I are just 2 days away from checking in (less than that now if you count hours!) We're so excited! I just called the resort to request a king-bed room, so we'll see if we luck out with that request.

Lucky ducks! Happy Anniversary! :goodvibes

One of the things that always drew me to pop when my kids were little was that little wading pool. I don't know what it was but my little ones ran around it like it was the biggest pool in the world. I loved watching them there. They are now 11 & 9 but we have a 2 yr old now & I can't wait to return this fall to introduce my new little guy to it too:goodvibes

POP does have a nice play and splash area. How special it will be to show your little guy it. :goodvibes

114 days until we check in at Pop for a six day long extravaganza! :cool1::cheer2: I'm so excited to check this resort out! We didn't make any requests regarding room placement, so I'm almost expecting to be far from everything!

And you may be pleasantly surprised to on your room location... and sometimes we end up finding a new favorite area. :goodvibes Enjoy!

We'll be there in 110 days...I can't wait!! We requested the 80's building because we love the 80's lol

Gotta love the Pac Men... and Roger Rabbit! :thumbsup2

Less than a month!

:woohoo:

I'm at 72 days!!! Yay!!!

:yay:

I'm pretty sure this is no longer an issue, but when it was I would purchase a helium balloon and tie it to one of the chairs. It would sway and bounce all night in the air movement from the AC, which in turn kept the AC on.

(Ok, I have to be honest. I still use the balloon. When else does a grown woman get to buy a balloon for herself????) :rotfl2:

:rotfl: At Disney we can ALWAYS be kids!!! :thumbsup2

Just had to pop in and say how excited to be checking in to Pop one week from toady!!:cool1:

Us too! And we're also from IL!!! <3

:dance3: Maybe you two will cross paths ..... have a great time!! :cool1:

60 days for us!!

And now you are sitting at ONE day!!! Happy Anniversary!! :banana::banana:

Stayed at POP for a quick trip last Thurs-Sun... LOVED it!! I found the atmosphere a little more hip than the All Stars. Loved the CMs doing the Hustle at the food court!

Loooooved the turkey sandwhich!! Turkey, mashed potatos, corn bread, stuffing and cranberry. Yummm!!

Having the lake was excellent and a nice place to go walking. We crossed over to AoA to check it out.Proximity to Epcot, DTD and TL was excellent! I think I may be abandoning the All Stars for POP more often.

I got lucky and for the cost of a Standard got a Preferred. Never had to wait long for the bus. All in all, awesome pre-b-day trip!

So happy you had a great stay! And congrats on the upgrade. :thumbsup2 A nice birthday present for you! :goodvibes

First time staying at POP this September.....please tell me some of the best things to do around the resort....

Hi :wave2: and welcome to the POP Century FAQ thread!! :hippie:

Le'ts see... take a walk on the path bordering the lake (appropriately named Memory Lane:)) and besides enjoying the view of the lake and AoA, along the path are signs depicting facts/trivia about the different decades. A fun and entertaining read. :thumbsup2

Check out the lobby area and the wall timeline for all the memorabilia displayed in shadow boxes …toys, fads, and info from the 1950s thru the 1990’s. Stroll around the resort and get up close to the giant icons…lots of photo ops!!... Check out the juke box song titles, ditto for the 8 track tapes ... fun reading … :goodvibes

Hustle over to the lobby area for the Hustle …. Performed daily at 6pm by CMs (everyone can join in!) Outdoor twister game is located in the 70s area. Many fun games and activities at the Hippy Dippy pool for the kids.

Hope you end up liking POP as much as we all do! Stick around ... lots of good info shared here. :goodvibes

Does any one know if they try & place you in the same sections from your past History stays? I'm asking because the few times I've stayed at Pop they have placed us in the same section. (70's Building) We really like that section. I'm not sure if I should just request the same section or be surprised when I get there?? I really don't want lake view cause quite honestly. We like being close enough to the pool & main lobby/food court areas.

Does any one know if they try & place you in the same sections from your past History stays? I'm asking because the few times I've stayed at Pop they have placed us in the same section. (70's Building) We really like that section. I'm not sure if I should just request the same section or be surprised when I get there?? I really don't want lake view cause quite honestly. We like being close enough to the pool & main lobby/food court areas.

I don't know. But we have always been placed in the 60s facing the lake. Once building 5 and the past 3 years building 4. To me it don't matter which building. But we really like the 60's section. WE have always done a request.

We have always requested 50s Bldg C Lake View. In 3 trips we have been in the same room twice and the one next to it once. I will let you know in a couple of weeks if it happens again.

Not sure ... it's possible .... but if an area/section is important to you, suggest adding it to your reservation....it can't hurt. :goodvibes

For us, the first 2 times we requested 50s we never got it ... go figure the time we were placed there we didn't request it! :laughing:

But the last 2 times we requested 60s and received it. :yay:

We requested the 60's before, and loved it. We requested it again for our October trip so here's to hoping! We love facing the lake, so quiet but still not a far walk. 103 days to go!!! :woohoo:

It certainly has not been the case for us. I have stayed in every section except for Lady/Building 1. We've been in some sections multiple times, probably Tramp the most. Only once in the Computer building. We have wanted to try out different sections, so we haven't cared about requests other than connecting rooms. Thankfully, we have always gotten those. We all make a guessing game as to which building we'll get on a new trip. Nobody can pick the same section, and we really like it when one of the little girls 'wins'! ;) Now that we're down to just Lady left, though, I might make that request in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter