POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Janet B, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gillenkl

gillenkl DIS Veteran

Am I allowed to take a small dorm freezer to freeze our water bottles and ice packs?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. kiwi2013

kiwi2013 Mouseketeer

First time staying at POP this September.....please tell me some of the best things to do around the resort....

4. Radiorox

Radiorox Live from the city of Magic.

Stayed at POP for a quick trip last Thurs-Sun... LOVED it!! I found the atmosphere a little more hip than the All Stars. Loved the CMs doing the Hustle at the food court!

Loooooved the turkey sandwhich!! Turkey, mashed potatos, corn bread, stuffing and cranberry. Yummm!!

Having the lake was excellent and a nice place to go walking. We crossed over to AoA to check it out.Proximity to Epcot, DTD and TL was excellent! I think I may be abandoning the All Stars for POP more often.

I got lucky and for the cost of a Standard got a Preferred. Never had to wait long for the bus. All in all, awesome pre-b-day trip!

5. pixidust1976

pixidust1976 So Thankful

I have read about the A/C units shutting off overnight because they run on motion sensors and don't detect any motion and therefore don't produce any cold air.

SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!!?! Has anyone had this happen recently? This will instantly ruin my entire vacation if this is how it is at Pop.

My DH needs the room to be cool at night in order to sleep and if it isn't cool so he can sleep, I might as well forget about taking him to the parks because he will be crankier than the children.:scared:

6. EpcotBill

EpcotBill DIS Veteran

That was a problem a few years ago, not so much anymore.

7. pixidust1976

pixidust1976 So Thankful

Oh thank goodness!!! We stayed at All Star Music a few years ago (three years exactly) and we would have stayed there again except they are closing one of the All Star resorts cafeteria's for refurb and we didn't want to have to deal with ASMu absorbing all the people from that resort... so we are going to try Pop. It would RUIN this resort for my family if we sweat all night long!

8. PhoenixStrength

PhoenixStrength Waiting for my fairytale!

I just stayed at POP in December and I was able to keep the fan running all night so I'm sure you can keep the AC on too. I needed the noise to sleep more than the cold, but it worked for me!

9. BigCatEars

BigCatEars Earning My Ears

What's the kiddie pool like @ pop? Is there a splash area?

10. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

The Kiddie Pool is basically a wading pool / splash area with small fountains.

Photo from this easywdw report:

[​IMG]

11. DonoMoose

DonoMoose Mouseketeer

Cool Beans :cool1:

12. DonoMoose

DonoMoose Mouseketeer

One of the things that always drew me to pop when my kids were little was that little wading pool. I don't know what it was but my little ones ran around it like it was the biggest pool in the world. I loved watching them there. They are now 11 & 9 but we have a 2 yr old now & I can't wait to return this fall to introduce my new little guy to it too:goodvibes

13. DonnaLeah

DonnaLeah <font color=darkorchid>Enjoys a refreshing margari

Just had to pop in and say how excited to be checking in to Pop one week from toady!!:cool1:

14. jwjulie

jwjulie Earning My Ears

114 days until we check in at Pop for a six day long extravaganza! :cool1::cheer2: I'm so excited to check this resort out! We didn't make any requests regarding room placement, so I'm almost expecting to be far from everything!

15. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

We'll be there in 110 days...I can't wait!! We requested the 80's building because we love the 80's lol

16. Cloudless Nights

Cloudless Nights DIS Veteran

Less than a month!

17. WishingMom

WishingMom DIS Veteran

I'm at 72 days!!! Yay!!!

18. EmpressBubbles

EmpressBubbles Proud Duck Smuggler

I'm pretty sure this is no longer an issue, but when it was I would purchase a helium balloon and tie it to one of the chairs. It would sway and bounce all night in the air movement from the AC, which in turn kept the AC on.

(Ok, I have to be honest. I still use the balloon. When else does a grown woman get to buy a balloon for herself????) :rotfl2:

19. Rapunzel

Rapunzel Mouseketeer

Us too! And we're also from IL!!! <3

20. declansdad

declansdad DIS Dad #639 New Brunswick, Canada

9 days 'till we check in.

Quick question: are Pop guests able to use the pool at AoA?

21. stitchlovestink

stitchlovestink DIS Veteran

No.
    Sorry, no pool sharing between POP & AoA. :(
    That is the official answer. Now people may report back that they were lucky enough to get to use the pool but officially you are supposed to be staying at AoA to use the pools there. They are gated and 'generally' require a room key to enter but sometimes a guest will not latch the gate behind them.
    And for those that report that they did, I'm not saying you were breaking rules or whatever if you were 'invited' during the early opening stages of the hotel or a CM said it was okay....I'm just saying what the 'official rules' are. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.