• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #6 ~April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Pop lovers! :)

We'll be checking in at Pop Century for the first time in late November. I understand Pop went through a refurbishment in 2010 and new mattresses were placed in all the rooms. How are they feeling now that it's been about 2 years since the refurb? I remember staying at AS Music just months after they had their refurb done. The beds were heavenly. A year later, when we returned to WDW, the beds didn't seem as comfortable. Granted, we were not placed inthe exact same room. But, in general, the beds were not as comfy.

First, I want to say thanks for all the great information and your hard work on this thread!

We just returned from a stay at AoA last week and missed Pop so badly, can't wait to be back "home" in December. I know the beds are the same size but we felt really cramped this time. My husband asked if there were King Rooms at Pop without the handicapped bathrooms. I said I don't know but I know where to look and there was our answer on the first page of the thread!

Since you cant select a king bed as you can for other resorts - is my only option to call and try to have this added to my reservation? And then we hope at check-in to get the king bed room?

First, I want to say thanks for all the great information and your hard work on this thread!

We just returned from a stay at AoA last week and missed Pop so badly, can't wait to be back "home" in December. I know the beds are the same size but we felt really cramped this time. My husband asked if there were King Rooms at Pop without the handicapped bathrooms. I said I don't know but I know where to look and there was our answer on the first page of the thread!

Since you cant select a king bed as you can for other resorts - is my only option to call and try to have this added to my reservation? And then we hope at check-in to get the king bed room?

Exactly right. No guarantees since there is a limited number, but you can request it on your reservation. If that is most important to you then make sure it's either your only request, or listed as the top request if you have other room requests too.

Hi Pop lovers! :)

We'll be checking in at Pop Century for the first time in late November. I understand Pop went through a refurbishment in 2010 and new mattresses were placed in all the rooms. How are they feeling now that it's been about 2 years since the refurb? I remember staying at AS Music just months after they had their refurb done. The beds were heavenly. A year later, when we returned to WDW, the beds didn't seem as comfortable. Granted, we were not placed inthe exact same room. But, in general, the beds were not as comfy.

We've stayed at Pop 4 times in the past two years and I found the beds to be fine, not "heavenly," but not awful either. The room we had last month had mattresses that sagged in the middle, but since it was just me and DD and we each had our own bed, it wasn't a big deal. We slept fine.

That's my experience. YMMV.

We've stayed at Pop 4 times in the past two years and I found the beds to be fine, not "heavenly," but not awful either. The room we had last month had mattresses that sagged in the middle, but since it was just me and DD and we each had our own bed, it wasn't a big deal. We slept fine.

That's my experience. YMMV.

I like this -- YMMV. Your Mileage May Vary. Your Mattress May Vary. Or perhaps YMMS -- Your Mattress May Saggy.

Sorry, couldn't help being silly. :goodvibes

Just got back on Sunday from our yearly trip and already have our September 2013 trip already planned and ready! Thankfully we got a bouceback offer and I booked it right away! So excited to spend another year at Pop! Is it too early to start counting? 353 days to go!! Yippie!

Just got back on Sunday from our yearly trip and already have our September 2013 trip already planned and ready! Thankfully we got a bouceback offer and I booked it right away! So excited to spend another year at Pop! Is it too early to start counting? 353 days to go!! Yippie!

Is this still the bounceback that only goes through September 2013? I am hoping one gets in the rooms soon that covers some of October.

Quick question that I hope someone can answer. With the voucher you get for the arcade it's for 100 play points & I was wondering if anyone knows what the average play points is per game. I can't remember. TIA. :)

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributes so much love to Pop! I've only stayed onsite once and that was at ASMo back in Feb and I actually really enjoyed it and planned on staying there again but thanks to you guys i've chosen Pop for my trip with my brother and some friends in Oct '13..I can't wait!! :yay:

I was just showing DS the map of the resort so we can decide what we should request at the online checkin (end of the week!). He asked about what Art of Animation had originally been intended for --the Classic Years --and he said, "so the '30s building would be all run down, and the food service would be a soup kitchen..."

Yeah, we were told part of the problem with construction was they were trying to make it authentic and the first couple of decades wouldn't have indoor plumbing...so they were trying to figure out how to work that situation out. :rotfl2:

This might be off topic, but I couldn't resist...
Looked at the 10 day forecast for Orlando and it's showing 60% chance of rain between 10/3-10/5... :scared1: Sure hope that changes! But if it doesn't I still plan on having a blast... :cool1: Seems like the forecast always shows about the same when I plan a cruise, then voila, it gets better and the weather is great! Praying for that to happen for this trip... :)

Thanks to all that continue to post on this thread! It is Awesome!!! :cheer2:

Looked at the 10 day forecast for Orlando and it's showing 60% chance of rain between 10/3-10/5... :scared1: Sure hope that changes! But if it doesn't I still plan on having a blast... :cool1: Seems like the forecast always shows about the same when I plan a cruise, then voila, it gets better and the weather is great! Praying for that to happen for this trip... :)

Don't let the forecast scare you. We have been having some rain almost every day. It rains for a short time, cools things off a bit, and dries up quickly. Chances are you won't even know it rained.

Keep in mind it can rain for a little bit each day in FL, but they are never sure when it's coming so they have to show rain. Last year, our trip in the fall showed rain every single day. It rained once but the forecast never changed. I think you'll be ok :goodvibes

Just booked my trip for Nov 29-Dec 4th for my third time at POP, with Free Dining! :dance3::banana: I'm very excited, and can't wait to see AoA completed, as when I was there in February it was still being constructed.

does anyone have the movie schedule for October yet? We will be arriving Oct 12th and leaving the 15th but we are only going to park for MNSSHP. We just thought we would make a weekend out of it since we only live about 3 hours south of there.Looking for some other things to keep the kids occupied on friday night also all day saturday and sat night and morning of sunday (go to MNSSHP sunday night so EXCITED!!!!). This is also my kids first trip to POP we stayed at ASMU about 1 1/2 ago. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

does anyone have the movie schedule for October yet? We will be arriving Oct 12th and leaving the 15th but we are only going to park for MNSSHP. We just thought we would make a weekend out of it since we only live about 3 hours south of there.Looking for some other things to keep the kids occupied on friday night also all day saturday and sat night and morning of sunday (go to MNSSHP sunday night so EXCITED!!!!). This is also my kids first trip to POP we stayed at ASMU about 1 1/2 ago. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Not sure about the movies, but I would definitely hit Downtown Disney during your trip. It has that Disney feel without being in an actual park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter