Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! We will be at POP in a couple of weeks, and I have one (hopefully) quick question! We have a breakfast ADR at 1900 Park Fare on our departure day. I have been assuming that the best way to get there is to take a bus to MK, then either the monorail or boat over to the Grand Floridian.

Is that the best way? Or maybe a bus to another park, then grab the GF bus from there?

Hi! We will be at POP in a couple of weeks, and I have one (hopefully) quick question! We have a breakfast ADR at 1900 Park Fare on our departure day. I have been assuming that the best way to get there is to take a bus to MK, then either the monorail or boat over to the Grand Floridian.

Is that the best way? Or maybe a bus to another park, then grab the GF bus from there?

That will be the cheapest and the quickest using WDW transportation. I would be at the Pop bus stop 80-90 minutes prior to your ADR.

The quickest and easiest would be to take a taxi from Pop to GF. It would probably be about $19-$21 and take about 15-20 minutes.

We took the MK bus, and were planning on taking the monorail, but we got lucky because we had an early ADR and it was only us and another family on the bus, the driver offered to drop us off right at the GF. Don't expect that to happen, but its definitely nice when it does.

Depending on the time of your ADR dont take a bus to any other park and wait for a GF bus. We tried that last year to get to the Poly, because we didnt realize the monorail at Epcot wasnt running yet when we got there. We ended up being 45 minutes late for our ressie at Kona. I'd stick with just taking a bus to MK. or a taxi.

We took the MK bus, and were planning on taking the monorail, but we got lucky because we had an early ADR and it was only us and another family on the bus, the driver offered to drop us off right at the GF. Don't expect that to happen, but its definitely nice when it does.

Depending on the time of your ADR dont take a bus to any other park and wait for a GF bus. We tried that last year to get to the Poly, because we didnt realize the monorail at Epcot wasnt running yet when we got there. We ended up being 45 minutes late for our ressie at Kona. I'd stick with just taking a bus to MK. or a taxi.
That happened to us for Chef Mickeys one year. It was like we won the bus lottery. :worship:

Thanks for the responses! The taxi idea actually appeals to me. That way we could take our luggage with us to GF, and leave from there w/o going back to POP (we aren't going to the airport, but heading for a visit to the dark side . . . shhh.). Would we be able to leave our luggage with the GF bell staff even tho we aren't guests there?

Switched back to Pop now that I can get FD there. I was happy to just go to Disney but so excited now that we are going back to Pop! I know I have time but I am now ging to obsess over room requests. I decided to 'roll the dice' last time and not make any and ended up in building 7, closest to the parking lot. It was fine but definitely not my favorite. Not sure if I want to focus on a specific building (50s?) or just request near transportation. Decisions, decisions ;)

Omg this food looks amazing! We usually stay at All Star Movies but decided to try here this coming October. Wow I can't wait to EAT!!!

I'm going back to Pop after a string of Deluxes trips for the second half of a split stay! Even though the Deluxes are great, obviously, I'm super excited to show the Pop to my family. I know my three year old will love it! It just feels more Disney :)

Switched back to Pop now that I can get FD there. I was happy to just go to Disney but so excited now that we are going back to Pop! I know I have time but I am now ging to obsess over room requests. I decided to 'roll the dice' last time and not make any and ended up in building 7, closest to the parking lot. It was fine but definitely not my favorite. Not sure if I want to focus on a specific building (50s?) or just request near transportation. Decisions, decisions ;)
Where were you before moving to pop? I always put on a request. This Year I may be doomed. When we booked BB we originally booked standard but I had to move my trip up a day or 2. Which the only thing they had was preferred so we took it. But I like being in the standard rooms facing the lake better. But our RO for the first 2 nights is standard. So here is hoping they will let me keep the same room. They did it in the last time we were booked like this. But they couldn't figure why I would want a standard over a preferred.

I can't wait! We have booked a standard room and we're thinking either 60s and top floor or lake view and top floor our requests. I am leaning towards 60s because the standard rooms seem to be all lake view anyways. Opinions?

I can't wait! We have booked a standard room and we're thinking either 60s and top floor or lake view and top floor our requests. I am leaning towards 60s because the standard rooms seem to be all lake view anyways. Opinions?
Some of the 60s top floor rooms have a poor lake view. Many are obscured by trees/corner views. If Lake View is a priority, then maybe consider 50s and Lake view? If so, you may have an additional 3-5 min walk to the bus/cafeteria in the morning. Its not a big deal in the morning, but may be more of an issue going back to your room after a long day in the park. Personally, I will deal with the extra 5 min walk to the 50s if its in a location that I like. I have stayed in both 60s & 50s. I love the 60s for the easy walk & proximity to the bus. I love the 50s, top floor, lakeview for the view out the window including some partial fireworks view. Its all good & your choice simply depends on what you value most. All the best!

We had to add a day onto our trip, so we will be at POP before we switch to our package. I'm so excited to come back to POP even if it's just 1 night! DS loves the arcade.

Some of the 60s top floor rooms have a poor lake view. Many are obscured by trees/corner views. If Lake View is a priority, then maybe consider 50s and Lake view? If so, you may have an additional 3-5 min walk to the bus/cafeteria in the morning. Its not a big deal in the morning, but may be more of an issue going back to your room after a long day in the park. Personally, I will deal with the extra 5 min walk to the 50s if its in a location that I like. I have stayed in both 60s & 50s. I love the 60s for the easy walk & proximity to the bus. I love the 50s, top floor, lakeview for the view out the window including some partial fireworks view. Its all good & your choice simply depends on what you value most. All the best!

Just chiming in here. I definitely agree that the top floor, lakeview in the 50's is a great location, especially if you get building 3. We have always requested 50's, top floor, lakeview. Our first trip to POP we had the perfect room; building 3, top floor, lakeview in room 3434. Great location to watch the fireworks if we were back from the parks early enough. We loved that room. The next year we also got building 3, lakeview, top floor in room 3430. I think 50's, top floor has become a much more popular request; Since that 2nd trip, we have not gotten a top floor room in building 3 again. We have gotten building 3, lakeview on floors 2 & 3 and then during our past 2 trips, we have gotten building 2 on the 2nd floor on the side of the pool but at the very end closest to the lake and then last September we got lake view in building 2 on the ground floor. I love the 50's section but building 2 is really a long trek after a full day at the parks.

:tinker:Pixie dust that you get the perfect lakeview room!

Hi all! I will be a first time Pop Century visitor with my boyfriend in May of 2016!! I have been to WDW many times in my life, but most recently Animal kingdom villas-kidani village 2012 and POR July 2014. Has anyone visited WDW in May? We are thinking may 24-28. Also, generally when do you think it's best to book room and tickets? Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter