• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask about the laundry? When using the credit card, do you just swipe and go, or do you need to enter your pin or anything? When we come from Canada, I hate getting self serve gas in the States because it always asks for a ZIPcode and I have to go inside because it doesn't accept Canadian postal codes. :)

The gas station people told me once to just enter the numbers in your postal code and add zeros at the end to make up the 5 digits. (my pc is N5P 4E1 so i use 54100)

Just got back from the POP. Consistently good Value resort. I'm at a point where I can only stay if it is just the wife and me...my kids are too old to stay in the same room. If it is the four of us then we stay at AoA.
Have you looked into the cost to get two connecting rooms at Pop as opposed to the suite at AoA?

Movie starts at 8:30 pm on the Hippy Dippy Pool Deck (In case of inclement weather, activities will be moved to the children’s play room across from the front desk in the lobby)

• Sundays – A Goofy Movie
  • Mondays – Meet the Robinsons
  • Tuesdays – Hercules
  • Wednesdays – Pocahontas (See our Pocahontas page)
  • Thursdays – Ratatouille
  • Fridays – The Emperor’s New Groove
  • Saturdays – Wreck-It Ralph
What about a June schedule?

Has anyone requested a King room at Pop? It will just be my husband and I next week. We have a preferred room booked.
Is there a way to request a regular king room, instead of one that is handicap accessible (as we don't need those features). Thanks!

Has anyone requested a King room at Pop? It will just be my husband and I next week. We have a preferred room booked.
Is there a way to request a regular king room, instead of one that is handicap accessible (as we don't need those features). Thanks!

POP century has very few king beds and most of them are handicap accessible, especially for the size of resort that it is:
"There are 2,621 rooms with double beds, 115 handicap accessible with double beds, 81 King Bed rooms, and 63 handicap accessible King Bed rooms". (located this on easy wdw). This is a total of 144 king rooms for the entire resort.

Since preferred rooms are located in sections of the 50s, 60s, and 70s buildings, it looks like only buildings 1 3, 5 and 10 have king beds in the preferred section and there are 33 king "preferred" rooms total. (per touring plans).
  • Building 1 has 5 king rooms
  • Building 3 has 4 king rooms
  • Building 5 has 8 king rooms
  • Building 10 has 16 king rooms
Each of the buildings that offer king rooms in the preferred section do show to be "handicap accessible" buildings (per the map on the 1st post of this thread). Out of the 63 HA king rooms at POP, it looks like 33 are in the preferred sections, so if a king room is available during your trip, you may have to accept an HA king room.

Out of the 7 times we have requested a king room, we have gotten a king room 5 of those 7 times and twice of the 5 times that we got one, we moved after 1-2 days into our trip, once one became available. Out of the 5 times we had a king room, only once was it an HA room, but we always book standard.

IF a king room is your most important request, personally, I would make sure this is the ONLY request on your ressie. This will allow the room assigner to find you a king room in any preferred location in the resort. Once you start requesting certain area's (50's, 60's 70's) or specific floors, it will limit them to what is available.
If you haven't already added this request to your existing reservation, just call the Disney reservation line and ask them to add it :goodvibes especially since king room is not an option during on-line check in.

I hope this helps and here is some :tinker:pixie dust for the perfect king room:jumping1:

POP century has very few king beds and most of them are handicap accessible, especially for the size of resort that it is:
"There are 2,621 rooms with double beds, 115 handicap accessible with double beds, 81 King Bed rooms, and 63 handicap accessible King Bed rooms". (located this on easy wdw). This is a total of 144 king rooms for the entire resort.

Since preferred rooms are located in sections of the 50s, 60s, and 70s buildings, it looks like only buildings 1 3, 5 and 10 have king beds in the preferred section and there are 33 king "preferred" rooms total. (per touring plans).
Each of the buildings that offer king rooms in the preferred section do show to be "handicap accessible" buildings (per the map on the 1st post of this thread). Out of the 63 HA king rooms at POP, it looks like 33 are in the preferred sections, so if a king room is available during your trip, you may have to accept an HA king room.

Out of the 7 times we have requested a king room, we have gotten a king room 5 of those 7 times and twice of the 5 times that we got one, we moved after 1-2 days into our trip, once one became available. Out of the 5 times we had a king room, only once was it an HA room, but we always book standard.

IF a king room is your most important request, personally, I would make sure this is the ONLY request on your ressie. This will allow the room assigner to find you a king room in any preferred location in the resort. Once you start requesting certain area's (50's, 60's 70's) or specific floors, it will limit them to what is available.
If you haven't already added this request to your existing reservation, just call the Disney reservation line and ask them to add it :goodvibes especially since king room is not an option during on-line check in.

I hope this helps and here is some :tinker:pixie dust for the perfect king room:jumping1:
So helpful! Thank you!

If you want a non HCA king room your best bet is to book a standard room rather than preferred. There are VERY few non HCA rooms that are preferred...VERY FEW. I have 125 nights now at POP. I just got back from a stay last week and one of my friends is still in mgt at the front desk but also works in the back office with the room assignors. She made sure my ressie was go to go before I got there since I called to tell her I would be a late check in. She always makes sure I get my ground floor room. I know exactly where each type of HCA king room (there are several types of HCA king rooms...not all are identical) and every traditional king room is and in which bldg. Go with a standard room if you want the best chance.
That's my advice. :)

We stayed the second week of May in a king bedroom in Building 6 and it was not handicap accessible. I booked a standard room with no other requests because the king was our priority. We did not get one originally but when I asked, they were able to find one for us. It was actually in a preferred location so they gave us a free upgrade in order to get it. Pixie dust for our particular situation. (We had a two year old that I knew would sleep better between us than in a Pack N Play or with bedrails.) So I'm not sure but some of the above information may be a little outdated or something. Our king bed was definitely in Building 6, in a preferred location. Just our experience!

ETA: Whoops, just realized that the above post actually said the buildings listed are the only PREFERRED rooms with kings, not the only rooms with kings. So I don't know. They told us we were getting an upgrade to a preferred location but maybe we weren't! Either way, we got what we wanted and were very happy with the location. Who knows.

Last edited:
We stayed the second week of May in a king bedroom in Building 6 and it was not handicap accessible. I booked a standard room with no other requests because the king was our priority. We did not get one originally but when I asked, they were able to find one for us. It was actually in a preferred location so they gave us a free upgrade in order to get it. Pixie dust for our particular situation. (We had a two year old that I knew would sleep better between us than in a Pack N Play or with bedrails.) So I'm not sure but some of the above information may be a little outdated or something. Our king bed was definitely in Building 6, in a preferred location. Just our experience!

ETA: Whoops, just realized that the above post actually said the buildings listed are the only PREFERRED rooms with kings, not the only rooms with kings. So I don't know. They told us we were getting an upgrade to a preferred location but maybe we weren't! Either way, we got what we wanted and were very happy with the location. Who knows.

I believe there is one small section of Bldg. 6 that is classified as preferred (at least it used to be). It's the section of the building that faces the "courtyard" and is closest to Building 5 in the 60's section. It would be rooms 1-12 on each floor.

It is definitely possible that the touring plan room locations are outdated. On the handy dandy maps in the 1st post of this thread, the section of building 6, rooms 1-12 are definitely showing on the map to be preferred and on the room layout map it shows that rooms 6103-6303 should be king rooms so touring plans may not be updated. :thumbsup2

You know that in many cases you can enter pretty much any zipcode, right? We've done the drive down a few times so we're used to the american gas stations :drive:

Really? I always assumed that it would be asking for a ZIP that is the billing address of the card. That's the way my work credit authorizations work.

Really? I always assumed that it would be asking for a ZIP that is the billing address of the card. That's the way my work credit authorizations work.

I think it might only work for Canadians. I know I've accidentally entered the wrong zip code at the gas pump and I got a message telling me that it didn't match the billing address for that credit card and I had to re-enter it.

I think it might only work for Canadians. I know I've accidentally entered the wrong zip code at the gas pump and I got a message telling me that it didn't match the billing address for that credit card and I had to re-enter it.
I'm also guessing that's why we can enter any zipcode : they can't verify the address because it's a Canadian one :rolleyes1 I know this has nothing to do with Pop so sorry for the highjack, back to our regular schedule... :rotfl2:

Hi everyone, quick question. Does Everything POP carry cases of bottled water? We are flying instead of driving this time, so we need to get our water once we are there.

I did not see them in the food court when I was there last week. Trip before this one, they did have them in the Food court ay AoA across the bridge. Forgot to specifically look for them last week at AoA.
Have you considered ordering from somewhere and having it delivered? Probably your most cost effective option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter