• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We added a night at Pop to the beginning of our trip. When it comes to online checkin, is there a building/section to request that's near both food and parking?

The second question is room location. I booked a non prefered pool view. Is there a section I should request that isnt in the prefered section but that is closest to the lobby and food court? I'm assuming that booking pool view means I will already be facing a pool? Is there anything else I should know about requesting a building/room at pop?
Thank you!

Non-preferred pool view (also called standard pool view) should be a room in either the 50's or the 80's/90's section facing the pool. So, if you have a preference you can make a section request. Given this room booking, I would choose 50's.

Forgive me if this has been asked or is hidden on the first page, what rooms are considered preferred? Better yet, which sections are considered preferred? We booked a preferred room but I cannot remember for the life of me the difference. Thanks!

Looks like the same menu as last August. Which is good the last time they changed the menu I almost lost my marbles. Mom's night andBreakfast pizza I miss you so. I do like that they changed some of the stranger items. Like the nachos made from potato chips IMO were just soggy and just not right.:(

Oh, I loved the potato chip Poppin Nachos so much! I was so bummed they switched.them out for boring, traditional ones. Which taste awful, too :(

Anyone else at POP recently and notice the constant pressure washing? Is this a normal thing? It woke us up 4 out of 8 mornings and was highly annoying. I asked the lady at check out and she pretty much said yes, it was constant, but good gracious it was LOUD. They didn't even have to be that close to our room. And why do they do it so early? I guess early is relative, but I'd think they'd maybe start a little later in the day.

Each morning they pressure wash the pool decks and such. Love that time of day - I find it relaxing to watch and listen to.

I am staying at POP for the first time in October with my DBF. I have seen that you can request a lake view room if you book the standard room category which I did. My question is would I be better off requesting a certain section or a top floor? I just want a peaceful room with a nice view. Also, preferably, not too long of a walk to the front of the resort. Thanks so much in advance! I have been reading through this thread and am getting excited for my first stay!

Looking for some room advice!

So, I'll be staying at Pop for the first time in January. I've been to Disney a number of times, but never stayed at Pop or any other value (previous trips have been on my parents dime; or funded by generous friends and fam for our honeymoon; this is our first pay-our-own way trip). We are very much looking forward to our stay. We think we don't benefit much from a stay at Deluxe resorts since we are at-the-parks-ALL-day sort of people. We aren't the sort to relax by the pool, take mid-day naps, or utilize any recreational activities a resort offers. BUT we love Disney magic and transportation, so we want to stay ON property. Therefore we think Pop will be a GREAT fit.

I'm trying to decide what buildings/area I should try to shoot for room-wise. Here is the relevant info:
- 2 adults with no kids
- Healthy adults who love walking and don't mind being away from the lobby; nor do we mind stairs; our room at AKL for our honeymoon was about as far away as you could get; we didn't mind
- Prefer quiet rooms; near less people
- Find the lake appealing; would prefer a good view
- Will be driving ourselves, but plan to take Disney transportation occasionally depending on waits/what park.
- Will probably check out AoA
- No preferences on theme (though 60s may be my least favorite)
- Unlikely to use pool or arcade
- Occasionally will use food court

What building should I aim for?
Thanks!
Kara

Anyone else at POP recently and notice the constant pressure washing? Is this a normal thing? It woke us up 4 out of 8 mornings and was highly annoying. I asked the lady at check out and she pretty much said yes, it was constant, but good gracious it was LOUD. They didn't even have to be that close to our room. And why do they do it so early? I guess early is relative, but I'd think they'd maybe start a little later in the day.

How early do they do this?

Looking for some room advice!

So, I'll be staying at Pop for the first time in January. I've been to Disney a number of times, but never stayed at Pop or any other value (previous trips have been on my parents dime; or funded by generous friends and fam for our honeymoon; this is our first pay-our-own way trip). We are very much looking forward to our stay. We think we don't benefit much from a stay at Deluxe resorts since we are at-the-parks-ALL-day sort of people. We aren't the sort to relax by the pool, take mid-day naps, or utilize any recreational activities a resort offers. BUT we love Disney magic and transportation, so we want to stay ON property. Therefore we think Pop will be a GREAT fit.

I'm trying to decide what buildings/area I should try to shoot for room-wise. Here is the relevant info:
- 2 adults with no kids
- Healthy adults who love walking and don't mind being away from the lobby; nor do we mind stairs; our room at AKL for our honeymoon was about as far away as you could get; we didn't mind
- Prefer quiet rooms; near less people
- Find the lake appealing; would prefer a good view
- Will be driving ourselves, but plan to take Disney transportation occasionally depending on waits/what park.
- Will probably check out AoA
- No preferences on theme (though 60s may be my least favorite)
- Unlikely to use pool or arcade
- Occasionally will use food court

What building should I aim for?
Thanks!
Kara

Hi Kara!
From your post, I think POP is going to be a perfect fit for you!
First let me ask: How important is a king bed since it is jut the 2 of you?
IF a king bed is important:
I would call Disney and ask them to add king room to my reservation and I would not make any other requests.
This will give the room assigner the most options for a king room throughout the resort and not limit them to a specific location.

IF a king bed is not a big deal, what is your most important request? close to parking, lakeview, 4th floor (for quiet)? This will make a difference.
Just going by your notes, If this were me making a request (and let me say that this is only my opinion, others may chime in):
  • I would book a standard room
  • At check in, I would choose lake view and highest floor or 4th floor and hope for building 3 (50's) or building 6 (70's)
x892hl.png

This request would normally get you a room in buildings 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6.
Personally, building 6 (70's) is one of my favorite locations for quiet. So you could book standard and check 70's, lakeview if quiet is your most important request. Since there is no pool, it seemed to be the most quiet when we stayed there.

Building 3 and 4 with a 4th floor request are the most popular requests since some of the rooms give you a glimpse of the fireworks at Epcot from your room, however with the tree's alot of the room views are obstructed now. And because these are the most requested rooms, they

Building 1 or 2 (50's) or 7, 8 or 9 (80's/90's) would put you closest to parking so if your most important request was close to parking you would want to choose top floor and either 80's, 90's or 50's.

Here is a map with the room categories highlighted that may help.
http://s962.photobucket.com/user/br...PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg.html

Hope this helps:thumbsup2

Hi Kara!
From your post, I think POP is going to be a perfect fit for you!

Building 1 or 2 (50's) or 7, 8 or 9 (80's/90's) would put you closest to parking so if your most important request was close to parking you would want to choose top floor and either 80's, 90's or 50's.

Here is a map with the room categories highlighted that may help.
http://s962.photobucket.com/user/braverman4/media/POP Century Thread/PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg.html

Hope this helps:thumbsup2

Thanks! Your post is very helpful! I was thinking about aiming for building 6- it seemed like it'd have everything we want, and you confirmed it for me.

While I would love a king bed (I wish queens were available; a king isn't necessary, but the double is a little crammed), since they are so scarce, we've decided to not bother pursuing one. We can each take a double if space is an issue.

Therefore I think my preferences are pretty much tied between lake view and quiet. I can't really decide which one would be ahead....maybe quiet? I think seeing the fireworks would be fun...but can you also see them if you just head down to the lake area? We like walking around our resort at night.

I think I like your idea of a standard room with lake view and upper floor checked.

Quick question... I have a preferred pool view room booked for the end of July. I have already done online check-in but was wondering if I needed to check that I wanted the 60's area or not.

While I would love a king bed (I wish queens were available; a king isn't necessary, but the double is a little crammed), since they are so scarce, we've decided to not bother pursuing one. We can each take a double if space is an issue.

I actually called yesterday to put in a request for a king bed, since my boyfriend whom I'm going with is a bit on the taller side, and we both are a bit on the heavier side, a double bed would be fairly small. The lovely CM on the phone said that if there are only two people on the reservation, that they try to give those reservations the king beds. While you may not put in a request for one, you may actually get one!

Quick question... I have a preferred pool view room booked for the end of July. I have already done online check-in but was wondering if I needed to check that I wanted the 60's area or not.

Nope, the preferred pool view rooms are all in the 60's section around the main pool.

Thanks! Your post is very helpful! I was thinking about aiming for building 6- it seemed like it'd have everything we want, and you confirmed it for me.

Therefore I think my preferences are pretty much tied between lake view and quiet. I can't really decide which one would be ahead....maybe quiet? I think seeing the fireworks would be fun...but can you also see them if you just head down to the lake area? We like walking around our resort at night.

I think I like your idea of a standard room with lake view and upper floor checked.

I meant to add to my previous post that IF we get back to the resort before the fireworks (very rare :rolleyes:), we go to the bridge and watch them from there!
You can always add additional requests to your reservation by calling Disney, just make sure that what you request with them doesn't contradict what you check during on line check in. Sooooo if you are hoping for building 6 with a king bed, you could ask a Disney CM to add "king bed, building 6, top floor, lake view". Remember, these are just requests. Then when you do on line check in, (since you only get 2) check lake view and 4th floor.

:tinker:pixie dust for the perfect room!!!

I actually called yesterday to put in a request for a king bed, since my boyfriend whom I'm going with is a bit on the taller side, and we both are a bit on the heavier side, a double bed would be fairly small. The lovely CM on the phone said that if there are only two people on the reservation, that they try to give those reservations the king beds. While you may not put in a request for one, you may actually get one!

There is no option to select for a king bed at Pop, but I would still have it noted on your reservation that youd like one. I'd hope theyd only put those who request the king beds in the king rooms because I'd be a little perterbed if I was traveling with my brother and got assigned to a king room :crazy2:

First time staying on site. Going week after thanksgiving 2016 (nov 27-dec 3) is this a time free dining is usually offered? Would be a nice bonus

I am staying at POP for the first time in October with my DBF. I have seen that you can request a lake view room if you book the standard room category which I did. My question is would I be better off requesting a certain section or a top floor? I just want a peaceful room with a nice view. Also, preferably, not too long of a walk to the front of the resort. Thanks so much in advance! I have been reading through this thread and am getting excited for my first stay!

Hi! I am going in Sept for my first Pop stay. Based on reading this thread, I am going to request 60's bldg, top floor. All the standard rooms in the 60's are lake view. Some people prefer the 70's or 50's bldgs, you may see as you read through. You could request a lake view room in one of those, but I think you only get 2 requests in the online checkin form, so you could not also request a floor. Or you could request lakeview and top floor. There is a good discussion and a link to a map in post #1371 above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter