PolynesianBride'sPJ 12/6/10 Sunset Pointe- TEASER PICS UP!

:hug: I hear ya! and understand exactly what you're talking about. I've been shopping once and was so discouraged when I left that I pretty much told my mother that the dresses in the shop sucked and that the staff was just as bad. Check my PJ at the first dress shopping experience and you'll see one of the consultants looking bored and irritated...UM HELLO! IT'S YOUR JOB...

I have told DF that I want a $100 dress and I say this and tell him that I want to do the Trash The Dress photos. His response to me is "Get the dress you want b/c you won't be happy or feel right in just any dress." :lovestruc

It sucks that you can't open the Macy's card at the bridal store...but you still get the 10% off of the dress at the trunk show. AND the dress will be fitted for you...(at least that is the feel I've gotten from your other post) You could very easily be saving a TON of $$$ in alterations!

You get "that feeling" with the Romona dress. That is your dress. It will work out. :wizard:

HA HA! It's so true... IT'S YOUR JOB! Atleast pretend to be happy! That is so sweet of your DF. Ryan keeps telling me that he always thought wedding dresses cost around $4000 so if I never would have told him it was overpriced he would have thought it was a good deal:lmao: I think it is MY dress!

Some wedding dress shops are just terrible.
When I left the shop I kept thinking it was me that was horrible but I actually do think it was the shop:rotfl:

yes i agree- most shops are horrible to people, and i cant understand why because surely they should be crawling up our backsides wanting business!! I felt that because i am young they didnt want to show me the dresses because they thought i wasnt serious and wernt even getting married but hey- i dont care, its thier loss when i dont buy a dress from their shop!

cant wait to see piccys!

You do look pretty young girl but that's a good thing. I think the lady didn't take me that seriously bc our wedding is still over 1.5 years out... I just should have said look lady I'm buying at the end of this month so act enthused!
After my dress didn't fit I told my mom I was going to wear white jeans and a tank top down the aisle and call it a day:rotfl2:

And I don't like feeling "bride-y" eithier, so I guess we may be bad "normal" brides... but we are awesome Disney Brides:thumbsup2
Ok jeans and a white tank top is probably better than a white garbage bag... making mental note of all my options!

- i did do a small freak out when i saw myself in the mirror- like the shock ''oh crap- thats me!?'' kinda thing- the thought that makes your stomach flip and get butterflies?!
But i think mine is because i dont have a great self confidence thing going on- and i freaked because everyone was looking at me in the shop and ya know- that makes me nervous.

Youre not a bad bride! Dont ever say that! Although...It'd be pretty unusual to wear a garbage bad at your disney wedding, im not sure if i have seen that one before ...at least you'd know no one else has done it and you'd be the first!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl Im playing! (i wonder if anyone has ever got married in a garbage bag?):confused: HAHA!

you need to feel comfy and relaxed in your dress, so if the Romana dress does that- then you know its 'the one'. I know its expensive, but you dont want to be feeling like you did on your wedding day - you need to feel fabulous, so if thats the dress that makes you feel that way- then its your dress.:hug:

You better get used to everyone looking at you because in your dress everyone is going to be looking at you with their jaw on the ground because they are sure you're Cinderella! You'll love it though you really do feel like a princess for the day... my first wedding when I came out one of our guy friends was sitting there and his jaw dropped and he said..."Holy s#@* Adelia how did you turn into a princess overnight!" It is definately fun to be princess for a day... but I already had that day and I want this time to be totally different. I definately feel more relaxed in the Ramona dress... I think it's just MY dress!

Thanks for all the encouraging words girls... you're the best!:grouphug:

So Ladies still no luck with the pics of my dress. My friend is having trouble getting them onto the computer and e-mailed to me:confused: But don't be too disappointed bc she came over today just to show them to me and they didn't turn out very good anyways:lmao:. The dress is just WAY too big on me right now (it's a size 12) and we were rushing so fast bc we were afraid the consultant was coming back so we didn't take enough time to pull it in good and make it look right- I'm standing on the train in the pic... it's all bunched up under my feet:rotfl: I promise not to be so careless with my real dress!

Anyways I am feeling better about the whole situation again! I had a good heart to heart with mom on Sunday and she reassured me that it's "normal" for me not to want anything that reminds me of my first wedding bc it reminds me of my first marriage and that was just a "traumatic" situation (as she calls it). She thinks it's normal for me psychologically to avoid anything that makes me feel like I am repeating that experience at all. Gotta love mom's for making you think that being a head case is "normal":lmao: Anyways she reassured me that it will be a lot cheaper to get a dress that I feel comfortable in than to get a dress that makes me feel too "bridey" and have me freak out at the last minute and never make it down the aisle:rotfl2: As many of you have said, she told me it's just my dress and there was nothing I could do about it... she said you don't always choose your dress- sometimes your dress just chooses you!

So when I was dinking around on the internet today I found this pic
54629e85078ac6611111b18c0fd33f72_rw.jpg

I've heard there is some sort of pineapple drink at OHana and I hope it's like this! I'll make sure they have a round for us ASAP after the wedding... maybe we should hand these out before the wedding:lmao:

So Ladies still no luck with the pics of my dress. My friend is having trouble getting them onto the computer and e-mailed to me:confused: But don't be too disappointed bc she came over today just to show them to me and they didn't turn out very good anyways:lmao:. The dress is just WAY too big on me right now (it's a size 12) and we were rushing so fast bc we were afraid the consultant was coming back so we didn't take enough time to pull it in good and make it look right- I'm standing on the train in the pic... it's all bunched up under my feet:rotfl: I promise not to be so careless with my real dress!

Anyways I am feeling better about the whole situation again! I had a good heart to heart with mom on Sunday and she reassured me that it's "normal" for me not to want anything that reminds me of my first wedding bc it reminds me of my first marriage and that was just a "traumatic" situation (as she calls it). She thinks it's normal for me psychologically to avoid anything that makes me feel like I am repeating that experience at all. Gotta love mom's for making you think that being a head case is "normal":lmao: Anyways she reassured me that it will be a lot cheaper to get a dress that I feel comfortable in than to get a dress that makes me feel too "bridey" and have me freak out at the last minute and never make it down the aisle:rotfl2: As many of you have said, she told me it's just my dress and there was nothing I could do about it... she said you don't always choose your dress- sometimes your dress just chooses you!

So when I was dinking around on the internet today I found this pic
54629e85078ac6611111b18c0fd33f72_rw.jpg

I've heard there is some sort of pineapple drink at OHana and I hope it's like this! I'll make sure they have a round for us ASAP after the wedding... maybe we should hand these out before the wedding:lmao:

The Lapu Lapu at Ohana is just like that!! And oooohhh so yummy!!

Oh and it is super tasty!:thumbsup2!

Ooooohhhhhh I can't wait! I showed DF and he said he wants one NOW!

So moving on with the planning I have been thinking about the guys attire lately. I originally wanted DF to wear a khaki suit and the rest of the guys (our brothers and dads) just to wear a button up shirt and khaki's. I wasn't even going to make them wear ties:confused3! But DF is throwing a fit because he really wants to wear Hawaiian shirts. So I think I've found a compromise we both can live with.

I like these shirts:
white for DF and green for dads and brothers
Shirt3.jpg
Shirt2.jpg

and then some nice khaki pants like these....
Pants1.jpg

I can't decide if I should just let them pick their own pants out to make it easier but I'm afraid all the khaki's won't match.

It probably won't be these exact ones bc I know our dad's and brothers will throw a fit if we tell them to get their outfits this far out... but hopefully when the time comes I'll be able to find something similar.

The other part of the compromise is that for the MK Photoshoot DF is going to wear a khaki suit and I'm still debating on if I want him to wear a tie. A tropical theme doesn't really go with the castle so I thought we'd try to be a little classier for these pics:laughing: I'll post some pics of khaki suits when I find some... I don't know if I like lighter or darker khaki better right now... any opinions? Maybe it depends on exactly what shade my dress ends up being:confused3.

I just caught up on stuff... you are NOT a bad bride! I can't even tell you that the first time i tried on wedding gowns i felt the same way... they started putting tiaras and veils on and i realized i was a bride and got all kinds of freaked out. :scared: So definatly dont think you're a bad bride... we all go through it.

I can also say that i agree with stacey about some of those sales ladies.... so snooty!:snooty: Just like Stacey i think they thought i was too young or something... i know i'm only 22 but i AM getting married. I hate feeling rushed and pushed into things. So i know where you're coming from on that!

Those drinks are a MUST for your wedding dinner at Ohana! They look deliciouse! you'll have to have an extra one for me.;)

I love love love the shirts you picked out. That color green is very tropical. :thumbsup2 I dont think the guys should give you grief about picking out the clothing now... they should be happy you aren't making them get fitted in tuxes!

I love your plans and can't wait to hear more!popcorn::

Those shirts fit perfect with the tropical theme! They are called guayaberas, they are a Cuban shirt, all the Cuban men wear them as a dressy alternative in the Caribbean tempuratures. Very fitting for a tropical wedding! You will be able to find some really cute ones at Macy's by Tommy Bahama and Panama Jack (my dad loves those 2 makes of them at least, and they are so durable and crisp looking):goodvibes

You can try it early....

Lapu Lapu
Tambu Lounge

1 oz. Meyer's Rum
1/2 oz. Bacardi 151
Scorpion Mix (half sour mix and half orange juice)
Garnish: Cherry

Serve in a pineapple.

Hi Adelia! I've seen you update a few times, and finally took the time to read through all of your plans so far! I'm so glad I did because it sounds beautiful! I love your dress you've been lusting after, hehe. I think it would look postively PERFECT on you!! :goodvibes Love the casual tropical theming!! Aaand, I can't wait to read more!

I just caught up on stuff... you are NOT a bad bride! I can't even tell you that the first time i tried on wedding gowns i felt the same way... they started putting tiaras and veils on and i realized i was a bride and got all kinds of freaked out. :scared: So definatly dont think you're a bad bride... we all go through it.

I can also say that i agree with stacey about some of those sales ladies.... so snooty!:snooty: Just like Stacey i think they thought i was too young or something... i know i'm only 22 but i AM getting married. I hate feeling rushed and pushed into things. So i know where you're coming from on that!

Those drinks are a MUST for your wedding dinner at Ohana! They look deliciouse! you'll have to have an extra one for me.;)

I love love love the shirts you picked out. That color green is very tropical. :thumbsup2 I dont think the guys should give you grief about picking out the clothing now... they should be happy you aren't making them get fitted in tuxes!

I love your plans and can't wait to hear more!popcorn::
Thanks for all the kind words Katie:hug:! I am feeling better about the whole thing already and may even have enough courage to check out another bridal store soon:laughing: I will definately have an extra Lapu Lapu just for you... but check out the recipe posted by MainStMandy... no waiting for us! I mainly picked those shirts because I just love the green color... I think it will go really well with the green cymbidium orchids I plan on having. Maybe I'll just mention it to the guys and see what they say about getting them now.

Those shirts fit perfect with the tropical theme! They are called guayaberas, they are a Cuban shirt, all the Cuban men wear them as a dressy alternative in the Caribbean tempuratures. Very fitting for a tropical wedding! You will be able to find some really cute ones at Macy's by Tommy Bahama and Panama Jack (my dad loves those 2 makes of them at least, and they are so durable and crisp looking):goodvibes
Thanks Sam! I never knew what this style of shirt was called. These ones are from Tommy Bahama and I love them but think the guys will throw a fit about the price... hey it's cheaper than a tux but the guys (especially my dad and brother) think shirts should cost 14.99 or less:laughing: Maybe I should just talk to the my mom and FMIL about them and leave the shopping to the ladies!

Love the shirts

You can try it early....

Lapu Lapu
Tambu Lounge

1 oz. Meyer's Rum
1/2 oz. Bacardi 151
Scorpion Mix (half sour mix and half orange juice)
Garnish: Cherry

Serve in a pineapple.

Oh this is soooo exciting! Thank you:worship: I'm going to make them for DF's birthday which is in just a few weeks now! He will be super excited! Have you ever hollowed out a pineapple and served them like that? I wonder if that would be too hard?

Hi Adelia! I've seen you update a few times, and finally took the time to read through all of your plans so far! I'm so glad I did because it sounds beautiful! I love your dress you've been lusting after, hehe. I think it would look postively PERFECT on you!! :goodvibes Love the casual tropical theming!! Aaand, I can't wait to read more!
Welcome! So glad to have someone else following along! Thanks for all the positive feedback... I'm off to check out your PJ now!

Ohh you can get them for inexpensive for sure! Try Marshalls, they will sell them for about that. Thats where I get my dads:thumbsup2

Ohh you can get them for inexpensive for sure! Try Marshalls, they will sell them for about that. Thats where I get my dads:thumbsup2

I looked there the other day but nothing:confused3 I'm just going to have to keep it on my radar... I really love the green color... and I have to find enough so everyone matches. I have plenty of time though:thumbsup2

So I heard back from Misty and turns out she does only offer her smaller packages M-Th. Normally she requires 8 hr packages on Sunday but said she could do 6 hours... unfortunately this is not in our price range plus I don't think we need 6 hours of coverage. So I either have to go with 12/6 and deal with the whole Thanksgiving issue or pick a new photographer. I had talked with Randy earlier in the planning process and he seemed great and is definately in our price range but there is just something I love about Misty's style. Her colors just always seem a little brighter to me which may be because all her photos are edited while Randy told me he doesn't edit his except the few stylized edits he does. I guess I need to talk to DF:confused3 Any thoughts?

Just wanted to say that I love your dream dress!! The shape is gorgeous!

Bob oxoxoxox

So this am DF and I had a rather productive wedding pow-wow. We decided we are going to stay with 12/6/2010 and try to book Misty:banana: It may cost us a little more in airfare bc of Thanksgiving but he said this way I can fly down a few days before him have Thanksgiving with my parents and lay on the beach :beach:while he hunts uninterrupted in MI:lmao: Then we will both be nice and relaxed when we arrive at Disney. We are just going to ask that everyone atleast arrive by Sat. am on 12/4 and that they stay til Tues am 12/7. So the timeline will look like this...

Wed 11/24 Adelia arrives in Naples for R&R and Thanksgiving with parents
Sun 11/28 Ryan arrives and we meet up at Carribean Beach Resort- his family will more than likely come at this time
Sat 12/4 all family there Hoop Dee Doo Revue "Rehearsal" Dinner
Sun 12/5 switch to Polynesian
Monday 12/6 WEDDING DAY!!!! then DISNEYMOON!!!!!
Sunday 12/12 end of Disneymoon head home:guilty:

We were origianally going to do Hoop Dee Doo the day before the wedding but on Sunday's the only show is at 9 pm and we don't want to keep everyone out too late so we're exhausted on the wedding day.

This is our guest list...
For Ceremony...
1. DF
2. Me
3. My Mom
4. My Dad
5. DF's mom
6. DF's dad
7. My brother
8. DF's Brother
9. DF's grandma #1
10. DF's grandma #2

We have been very clear about our guest list from the beginning but we have a few more tag alongs that will be at Disney with us. They are aware they will not be at the ceremony but still really want to come and we would like them there. There are other's that want to crash but we decided we had to draw the line with the tag alongs at some point so THIS IS IT!!
11. DF's Aunt Missy (she also is his godmother so he is really close w her)
12. DF's Uncle Brian
13. DF's Cousin Mikayla 12
14. DF's Cousin Kaitlyn 8
15. My brother's GF
16. DF's brothers date if he wants one
17. My Uncle Jim (from Tampa)
18. My Aunt Cathy (from Tampa)

And I'm drawing the line there because otherwise we won't all fit on the Grand 1:rotfl2:

The wedding day timeline will look something like this...
8 am (whatever the earliest ressie we can get is) Breakfast at Cinderella's Castle:banana:
Ride Splash Mountain (our favorite) and a few other favorites if time allows
10:30 am or so (how long does it take to get ready???) my mom and I go back to Poly to get ready and drink mimosas or Lapu Lapu's:rotfl:
Noon or so Ryan goes back to Carribean Beach to get ready at his parents room
1:30 First limo pick up
2:00 Second limo pick up if needed... a few pre-wedding separate pics
2:30 Ceremony
3:00 Cake reception and first dances
3:45? til 5pm Pics with Misty:banana: Guests can relax by pool bar or in the Tambu Lounge if open
5:00 pm Rest of family meets up for OHana dinner
AND FINALLY... Fireworks cruise on Grand 1:banana: DF still isn't sold on this but I don't care... I want it!

The only thing I really worry about is that there will be a lag between dinner and the Grand 1... we have to have either the first or last seating at dinner since we are a large party so we can't make that any later... I just don't know what time the fireworks will be... hopefully they don't rush us out of OHana then we should be ok. Otherwise I thought it would be really cool to see if we could hire a fire dancer for our own little private show on the beach while we wait for the Grand 1... do you think that's an option???
ace_gallery1_0013.jpg

On the Grand 1 I don't plan to have food since we will have just had cake then a full dinner which includes dessert again but I was thinking about just getting waters and a little bit of champagne and a few chocolate covered strawberries. I found these online at Shari's Berries but I think I can get them from Disney too...
sharisberries.jpg

:banana::banana::banana::banana:The other exciting news is that we booked our FREE plane tickets to go to Disney April 3-10 of next year!!!! It's the next week long break that DF has and it just happens that we while we're there it will be exactly 8 months from when we get married!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter