PolynesianBride'sPJ 12/6/10 Sunset Pointe- TEASER PICS UP!

Stupid company - you would think an company that sells things unique stuff like those coconuts that they would need to have great quality stuff because they would need the customers!

I wouldnt let them get away with it- can you not demand a refund?

yeah i was thinking i would see lots of updates when i was back from my hols!!

Adeliaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :confused3

Adelia,

I just spent the last half hour catching up on everything! All of your plans look amazing!

I loved all the dresses you've tried on

Love the hourglass sand ceremony... so unique

Thought the coconut idea was awesome until the company had to go and stink up the whole idea! But i do agree with the girls that you could do really cute save the dates with them

And YAY for getting another job! i work for an MRI center and they started lay offs too... it just goes to show the medical field isn't as safe as everyone thinks!

But where did you go??? :confused3

Hi Ladies! Sorry I went MIA for awhile there! The new job has been keeping me busy and I just haven't done any wedding stuff lately! But I'm all done with my orientation at work now so my schedule should be a little more predictable and I'm back to the boards now!

So I ended up returning the coconuts. They were from Carribean Imports. They e-mailed me and said all the coconuts from the same shipment as my coconuts were all between 5-6 inches as advertised. So I ended up sending them back asking for an exchange for coconuts that were the advertised size. 14 out of 15 coconuts I received were 4-5 inches like these...
121.jpg

I just didn't like the shape of most of them either... they seemed stubby
119-1.jpg

This is the one coconut the I thought was acceptable...
120.jpg

So I asked them to send coconuts similar in size and shape to this coconut or to refund my money... they refunded my money but minus a 20% restocking fee... which is their policy but still annoying. I really did think about using them for a STD but decided I didn't want to put a bunch of work into them just to be disapointed bc I didn't like the stubby coconuts to start with.

We did just get back from a week in Florida visiting my parents which was very relaxing... here we are at the sunset...
136.jpg

It was sad not to go to Disney but my parents aren't as into Disney as we are and we feel bad going to Disney all the time and not spending time with them (especially since my dad has so many health problems). However, on the way home we volunteered to be bumped so we got 2 free plane ticket vouchers so we decided we are going to use them at Ryan's next break- next April... to go to DISNEY! It's a long way out but I'm still excited, plus it will be at 8 months out from our wedding- right around the time we can book the wedding so we can do last minute checks to make sure we know exactly what we want.

While we were there I also tried on the ridiculously overpriced wedding dress I am still in love with. Here it is if you don't remember...
RamonaKevezaL903.jpg

My brother managed to sneak a picture of the back with his camera phone... it's not a very good picture but it gives you a little bit of an idea (keep in mind this dress is about 5 sizes too big for me)...
0127091409a.jpg

I really wish he got the whole train but I guess beggars can't be choosers. I still haven't tried any dresses on since but should really go again soon just to make sure I can't find anything else I love that is more reasonable. Maybe next week....

Well I'm off to catch up on all your PJ's!

hey welcome back! sorry the coconuts didn't work out, how about a message in a bottle or something similar? just a spur of the moment thought-sorry. anyway, glad you new job has settled down and looking forward to hearing more!:goodvibes

Your back!!! I love that dress its beautiful!:love:

Congratulations on the forthcoming trip too!:goodvibes

YAY! Adelia's back!:yay::woohoo:

I really love that dress! Its so pretty and is perfect for sunset point. :thumbsup2(IMHO)

I still feel bad about the coconuts though.. thats terrible that they were not what was advertised... and i HATE 20% restocking fee.:mad:

Good job getting two free plane tickets! Thats awesome!:yay: You'll have to do a TR once you get back.

Adelia,

Hey there....Glad to see you are back...That dress is really gorgeous!! Sorry about the coconuts, but better to send them back if they aren't really what you had in mind...Hey, I finally posted on my PJ, if you want to check it out....:)

hey welcome back! sorry the coconuts didn't work out, how about a message in a bottle or something similar? just a spur of the moment thought-sorry. anyway, glad you new job has settled down and looking forward to hearing more!:goodvibes
That is a very cute idea! Do you know anyone who has done that before?

Glad to see you back!!! The dress is gorgeous! I hope you find something like it...
Thanks! I'm really hoping to find something similar but am not feeling too hopeful... I still may have to splurge!

Your back!!! I love that dress its beautiful!:love:

Congratulations on the forthcoming trip too!:goodvibes
Thanks! I hope I can make it another year without Disney without going into withdrawl... I guess it's better than the 19 months I had to wait before though!

YAY! Adelia's back!:yay::woohoo:

I really love that dress! Its so pretty and is perfect for sunset point. :thumbsup2(IMHO)

I still feel bad about the coconuts though.. thats terrible that they were not what was advertised... and i HATE 20% restocking fee.:mad:

Good job getting two free plane tickets! Thats awesome!:yay: You'll have to do a TR once you get back.
I'm glad you said you think it's perfect for sunset pointe. Since we're having a rather casual wedding I sometimes worry it's still too formal... but I love it! I will definately do a TR for my unofficial planning trip! So glad you found my PJ and excited to follow along with your plans as well!

Still love that dress, hope you can find something similar.

Thanks! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Adelia,

Hey there....Glad to see you are back...That dress is really gorgeous!! Sorry about the coconuts, but better to send them back if they aren't really what you had in mind...Hey, I finally posted on my PJ, if you want to check it out....:)

I'm so glad you're still following Maure! I'm off to check out your updates!

welcome back Adelia! Thats awesome about a trip to WDW next year! Thats so awesome, and free plane tickets, heck you can't beat that! I cant believe that they only gave you back 80% of the $$, but at least you got some right?

Welcome back Adelia. Luckily I'm a newb to your PJ so I didn't miss the absence, but glad to see you've returned to the boards. I love the story of you and Ryan, very cute! Love the dress and the orchids...I love those orchids too!!!

The hourglass is so unique. What a great idea!!!

I can't wait to hear more! And good luck at the new job

Just read through your entire PJ and everything is just gorgeous! I love the colors of the bouquets and you and I have very similar taste in wedding gowns. I just love your dream dress...it looks amazing on you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter