PolynesianBride'sPJ 12/6/10 Sunset Pointe- TEASER PICS UP!

Hello,

I have just read your PJ back to front I LOVE your proposal it made me laugh about the old lady taking your photo

you and your DFi look so good together and the pic of him sticking his bottom lip out because he wasnt in the park lol

I love that 1st dress you have on it so beautiful and so simply beautiful

good news on the job hunting

I have lost 2 jobs in 6 months because of the economy luckily I have my hairdressing to keep me going

cant wait for more I love how you include lots of pics :)

Lay offs suck! But yay for getting a replacement so soon. I understand the out of work thing, my fiance has a little part time job, but is looking for a better job and the market is tough right now, we just keep looking.

I think the dress situation will have a way of working itself out, the Romona dress is beautiful, maybe you could take a cue from Lurkyloo and check to see if you could find it wholesale on ebay.

Plans are sounding great...keep up the good work!

I've searched for the dress on e-bay but can't find any Ramona Keveza dresses at all! Any suggestions?
Here's some pixie dust for your DF's job searchpixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Adelia,
I was also excited to see that you and your DF are nurses...I graduated with my BSN in 2006, but unfortunately have had problems passing my boards. I am currently studying, but have found myself getting more and more discouraged...anyways, not to hijack your PJ, but if you have any tips for me, please PM me, I would appreciate it!! By the way, if you hop over to my PJ I apologize, I am WAY behind in updating it, but I am planning on doing that right away!!! Look forward to hearing more!! :goodvibes

Thanks for reading along! I'm sorry to hear the boards are giving you trouble...it's been almost 5 years since I took them so I don't know if I have any great advice:sad2:... I think it was so traumatic I blocked it out:lmao: Just keep your chin up- I'm sure you'll pass this time around:cheer2: pixiedust: pixiedust: I'll send you a PM with any advice I can think of!

Hello,

I have just read your PJ back to front I LOVE your proposal it made me laugh about the old lady taking your photo

you and your DFi look so good together and the pic of him sticking his bottom lip out because he wasnt in the park lol

I love that 1st dress you have on it so beautiful and so simply beautiful

good news on the job hunting

I have lost 2 jobs in 6 months because of the economy luckily I have my hairdressing to keep me going

cant wait for more I love how you include lots of pics :)

Glad you found my PJ! I'm so sorry to hear about your jobs... this economy is horrible. It cracks me up because they keep saying how nursing is such a great profession and that healthcare is the field to be in right now and I get laid off:sad2: Luckily it seems to be worse at my hospital than at others and I was able to find another job but I know it's rough out there! Here's some pixie dust for you as wellpixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Horray for a new job!! Now go buy your dream dress, you've worked hard for it!:woohoo:

awww thank you i know it feels like no one is safe

i am gald you found a new job and wont be too ditracted from your disney wedding planning

Horray for a new job!! Now go buy your dream dress, you've worked hard for it!:woohoo:

:rotfl: I just may have to! DF and I are going back to visit my parents in April so I think if I haven't found a dress I like better by then I may get it! First I should probably go atleast look again though:lmao:

So earlier I posted those coconut invites that I liked but didn't want to spend the money on...
InvitationsWeddingBoxLayout.jpg

So I had thought I would just do some card and pocket invites which I love as well. But since I'm not crafty these would be alot of work for me as well... so I thought maybe I should just try the coconut:confused3 ...

I have searched and searched online and now I've found these coconuts for $2 each:banana: :banana: :banana: (the originals were $22 painted :scared1: or $11 unpainted:eek: )
coconut.jpg

Then I plan to put additional info and RSVP card rolled up inside the coconut like this... and put some disney confetti inside as well!
blankhollowcoco3.jpg

I think the painting on these is really pretty but probably too complicated for me
invitations2008-2.jpg

So I will probably practice really hard and just try to master one like this
invitewedding082.jpg

Now I am not very creative here so I need some help... do you ladies think I could use these to make my own? I know I would need to sand them so the surface is smooth for painting... and then I would have to try to be artistic and actually paint them:scared1: !
What I need help with is the HOW part of all of this-
1)What would you recommend to sand them with?
2)What type of paint would I need?

I was just going to order one to play with it but it seems shipping is $13 no matter how many you get so I might as well get them all at one time (with a few extra for mess ups) but I don't want to waste my money if I'm not going to be able to figure it out:confused: So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE those of you who are crafty any hints of how I could make this a reality I would appreciate it!:worship:

I'd try a low grit sand paper and just go really slow to see what you have underneath. After that acrylic paint would work...let that dry use a fine tip marker to write in your information...cover with glossy modge podge. It's a decoupage paint which should seal the paint job (I only say should b/c I dont know how it will work with coconuts...but I've used it on other stuff and it worked well) HTH

Adelia,

I am so excited about your wedding and your details! I LOVED Sunset Pointe (and get nostalgic about how great it was even though we just had our super big, super expensive, super wonderful Wishes wedding!)

And you used pictures of my bouquet! I'm so flattered! But, I LOVE the modification ideas you have. The mango and fushia are gorgeous. And after seeing my hair floral, Green Cymbidium orchids are MY favorite flower, too. And I never liked Orchids before! Go figure.

I have to admit, I loved you in the third dress. You have a great figure for it. I think the second was too much stuff! You are so beautiful, you can pull off stunning in a less flashy way! IMHO!

And I have a similar "error in judgment" story. Very similar, actually...even down to the "not-the-Christian-guy-I-thought-because-he's-cheating" part. But, I am SOO blessed this time! Even though he's not here right now (WAAH!)

Can't wait to hear more.

I am no help in the crafts department but I love the coconuts, very unique, those will turn out great!!!

Good luck with the dress shopping.

I'd try a low grit sand paper and just go really slow to see what you have underneath. After that acrylic paint would work...let that dry use a fine tip marker to write in your information...cover with glossy modge podge. It's a decoupage paint which should seal the paint job (I only say should b/c I dont know how it will work with coconuts...but I've used it on other stuff and it worked well) HTH
:worship: :worship: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU:worship: :worship: I have never even heard of glossy modge podge but it makes sense to put something on to seal it. Can I get that at any craft store like Michaels?:confused3

Adelia,

I am so excited about your wedding and your details! I LOVED Sunset Pointe (and get nostalgic about how great it was even though we just had our super big, super expensive, super wonderful Wishes wedding!)

And you used pictures of my bouquet! I'm so flattered! But, I LOVE the modification ideas you have. The mango and fushia are gorgeous. And after seeing my hair floral, Green Cymbidium orchids are MY favorite flower, too. And I never liked Orchids before! Go figure.

I have to admit, I loved you in the third dress. You have a great figure for it. I think the second was too much stuff! You are so beautiful, you can pull off stunning in a less flashy way! IMHO!

And I have a similar "error in judgment" story. Very similar, actually...even down to the "not-the-Christian-guy-I-thought-because-he's-cheating" part. But, I am SOO blessed this time! Even though he's not here right now (WAAH!)

Can't wait to hear more.

Heidi- I am sooo happy you found my PJ:banana: ! Thank you for all your kind words you are too sweet! Your Escape TR really helped seal my decision to go with Sunset Pointe and as you can see I have borrowed a few things from you:lmao: Glad you don't mind! Maybe DF and I will do a Wishes vow renewal some day down the road then I can steal all your ideas from your Wishes wedding as well:rotfl: Glad you're back and can't wait for your TR but so sorry your new DH is gone:hug: When will he be home again? Where are you stationed again? Germany? Thanks for reading along!

I am no help in the crafts department but I love the coconuts, very unique, those will turn out great!!!

Good luck with the dress shopping.
Thanks I'll let you know how they turn out... hopefully I find some hidden artistic talent so they don't look like a 2 year old painted them!

You can get modge podge at micheals (look out for their 40% off coupons) definately order a couple more than you think you need to practice and once you see how easy-or difficult the outside of the coconut comes off you can adjust your sand grit accordingly.

Glad I could help! I can't wait to see them!

:rotfl: I just may have to! DF and I are going back to visit my parents in April so I think if I haven't found a dress I like better by then I may get it! First I should probably go atleast look again though:lmao:

So earlier I posted those coconut invites that I liked but didn't want to spend the money on...
InvitationsWeddingBoxLayout.jpg

So I had thought I would just do some card and pocket invites which I love as well. But since I'm not crafty these would be alot of work for me as well... so I thought maybe I should just try the coconut:confused3 ...

I have searched and searched online and now I've found these coconuts for $2 each:banana: :banana: :banana: (the originals were $22 painted :scared1: or $11 unpainted:eek: )
coconut.jpg

Then I plan to put additional info and RSVP card rolled up inside the coconut like this... and put some disney confetti inside as well!
blankhollowcoco3.jpg

I think the painting on these is really pretty but probably too complicated for me
invitations2008-2.jpg

So I will probably practice really hard and just try to master one like this
invitewedding082.jpg

Now I am not very creative here so I need some help... do you ladies think I could use these to make my own? I know I would need to sand them so the surface is smooth for painting... and then I would have to try to be artistic and actually paint them:scared1: !
What I need help with is the HOW part of all of this-
1)What would you recommend to sand them with?
2)What type of paint would I need?

I was just going to order one to play with it but it seems shipping is $13 no matter how many you get so I might as well get them all at one time (with a few extra for mess ups) but I don't want to waste my money if I'm not going to be able to figure it out:confused: So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE those of you who are crafty any hints of how I could make this a reality I would appreciate it!:worship:

I think you can definitely do it. HEre is how I would go about doing it:

I would buy the sharpie markers that are fine point for the writing.

Then I would get acrillic paint from the craft store and attempt to paint it.

The clear gloss would have to go over everything after They sell this almost anywhere. Get a find brush to paint the paint palm tree. I would use a stencil Find one on the internet you like, cut it out and trace it OVER the painted coconut...hope this helps!

Heidi- I am sooo happy you found my PJ:banana: ! Thank you for all your kind words you are too sweet! Your Escape TR really helped seal my decision to go with Sunset Pointe and as you can see I have borrowed a few things from you:lmao: Glad you don't mind! Maybe DF and I will do a Wishes vow renewal some day down the road then I can steal all your ideas from your Wishes wedding as well:rotfl: Glad you're back and can't wait for your TR but so sorry your new DH is gone:hug: When will he be home again? Where are you stationed again? Germany? Thanks for reading along!

Idea-stealing is why we're on this site! And yes, I'm in Germany (Hohenfels). We're hoping for a late summer return!

I love your invite idea!! You might say your not creative - but this is a very creative way of inviting people!

Instead of handwriting the coconuts could you use a transfer? Or get somebody to write on them a steady hand!:lmao:

I normally consider myself to be a pretty crafty person, but I don't know how to go about the coconut invites, they are super cute though. How many are you going to be making? maybe you could print the stuff out on a thin paper (like mulberry...they come in all different colors too) and then just decoupage that onto the coconut. Then all you would have to paint is the tree decoration. That paper also tears jagged like so you could use layers of it to create you colorful beach look. Hope this helps!!:artist:

This is a whole new level of crafty for me.... I have no help to offer....I wish I did.... but I am not that crafty yet:lmao:

But just wanted to say hi :wave2: and let us know how it works out!! I bet it will look awesome!

I love this coconut idea you have a very imaginative mind

i hope you can do this

i bet you are glad you arent having a huge wedding with a big guest list

The clear gloss would have to go over everything after They sell this almost anywhere. Get a find brush to paint the paint palm tree. I would use a stencil Find one on the internet you like, cut it out and trace it OVER the painted coconut...hope this helps!
A stencil is a great idea! I hadn't thought of that! I will start the search for that! Thanks!

I love your invite idea!! You might say your not creative - but this is a very creative way of inviting people!

Instead of handwriting the coconuts could you use a transfer? Or get somebody to write on them a steady hand!:lmao:
You're very sweet but it's really not my creative unique idea... just one I found online but am too cheap to pay for:rotfl: A transfer would be a good idea but I don't know how to make one:confused3 :lmao: I think with enough practice and using a sharpie instead of a paint brush to write I will hopefully be able to do it!!!

How many are you going to be making? maybe you could print the stuff out on a thin paper (like mulberry...they come in all different colors too) and then just decoupage that onto the coconut. Then all you would have to paint is the tree decoration. That paper also tears jagged like so you could use layers of it to create you colorful beach look. Hope this helps!!:artist:
I only need to make 8 (and that will include a keepsake one for myself!) I am really not crafty... how do you decoupage?:confused3 I'm envisioning something like paper mache:lmao: Maybe I should google it?:rotfl:

This is a whole new level of crafty for me.... I have no help to offer....I wish I did.... but I am not that crafty yet:lmao:

But just wanted to say hi :wave2: and let us know how it works out!! I bet it will look awesome!
Thanks for the encouragement Sam... I'll need it!

I love this coconut idea you have a very imaginative mind

i hope you can do this

i bet you are glad you arent having a huge wedding with a big guest list
I am sooo glad I will only need 8 of these. I asked DF what he thought... his response was "those are cool but don't expect me to help make those":lmao:

So I am going to go order them... I only need 8 but I think I may get 15 or so that way when I mess up a bunch I won't have to pay the shipping again! I'll let you know how they turn out but these will probably take me awhile to even get the courage to start on them:laughing: OK I'm off to order them now before I wimp out!:rotfl:

Idea-stealing is why we're on this site! And yes, I'm in Germany (Hohenfels). We're hoping for a late summer return!
Somehow when I was multiquoting I didn't get yours. Anyways my brother used to be stationed in Hanau Germany a few years ago... I guess I have no idea where that is in relation to you though:rotfl: I'm hoping the time passes quickly for you until DH is back. It sounds like you stay pretty busy so I'm sure you'll be back in his arms before you know it:thumbsup2

So since we're having an outside ceremony and Sunset Pointe is so windy a Unity candle is pretty much out of the question. I liked the idea of having a sand ceremony but wasn't completely sure because I didn't know how I would get it home without the sand getting all mixed up (or all over in my suitcase:rotfl:) and I didn't know what exactly I would do with my jar of colored sand once I got it home:lmao: So I started searching for a set I liked then I came across an idea in Tammy's PJ (padisneyfour) and fell in love:lovestruc. So many thanks to Tammy for this great idea:worship:

It's an hourglass that you pour the sand into and then seal. There are tons of different ones to choose from but I think I've finally settled on this one...
Aloha08.jpg

It's called the Aloha (which I thought appropriate... not that the name matters). But it's made from a tropical brown granite and cherry pillars. I mainly liked it because it's neutral and something I could picture fitting in with my everyday decor in my home. Instead of using colored sand we are going to use sand that holds childhood memories for us. So mine will be from the beach in Naples where I vacationed as a kid (which is also the beach we got engaged on) and Ryan's will be from Disney- where he vacationed as a kid (probably from the Polynesian). So I guess it will also symbolize where we got engaged and where we got married! I plan to get some shells to hold the sand...
nautulus2.jpg

And then get a different end cap than the ships wheel. I like this one...
seashellheart.jpg

There are also endcaps they will engrave but I like this one better. I think I may try to etch our monogram on the glass itself somehow.
The site has ceremony wording you can use but I think it's a bit lengthy... so I'll probably use that as a base and then work it down. Their wording keeps referring to the hourglass as a gift though which I think is wierd- a gift from who? Unless someone else gave it to you it's more so a keepsake IMO. Here's a bit that I think is nice though...

"... an Hourglass, one that you each will fill with sand that holds a personal memory to you and it will combine over the years together, as will you, and become even more beautiful because it will carry with it every time it flows the special memories of this day and your many years of memories together.
For centuries, the Hourglass has been considered an enduring symbol of the passage of time, so it is appropriate that your first gift as Husband and Wife be an Hourglass to represent the beginning of your new lives together."

Well I'm off to bed... I realize it's 0830 in the am but I work nights:lmao: Have a great day everyone!

I am totally in love with this idea!! I think it is amazing!! The idea of the 2 sands from places you love is great, very personal!
Where did you find the website that sells those??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter