• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Poly Nightmare or Almost had to dance for $!!! UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
poohbear2 said:
minnie61650 said:
ITA
I am sorry you had a bad experience.
But ask yourself if this happened anywhere else, ie at a gas station,at the Holiday Inn, at a store at the mall, would you be upset enough to write 3 letters and to post on a community forum how horrible it was for the BP, Holiday Inn or Macy's to make such an error?

No..because they would have fixed the situation up right away.

Not to mention, you wouldn't be many miles from home with no $$$ or means to attain any! Totally different senarios.

poohbear2 said:
minnie61650 said:
ITA
But ask yourself if this happened anywhere else, ie at a gas station,at the Holiday Inn, at a store at the mall, would you be upset enough to write 3 letters and to post on a community forum how horrible it was for the BP, Holiday Inn or Macy's to make such an error?

Maybe, but more than likely NOT. My problem was not solved right away. The manager promised me that it would be handled right away. But it took over two months and a follow up certified letter and a couple of more calls before I received the check from the club. By then I had totally given up.
I was so elated when I finally received the letter I almost cried for joy.
I wish you could see the bright side. You got a response and if they offered
you such a nice compensation that means they are aware an error was made. Isn't that the reason you wrote them in the first place?
Linda ::MinnieMo

Originally Posted by poohbear2
minnie61650 said:
ITA
poohbear2 said:

d4est said:
Not to mention, you wouldn't be many miles from home with no $$$ or means to attain any! Totally different senarios.

I was talking about an out of state gas station, motel or store.
(Sorry I did not specify out of state.)
My sisters cc was flagged at a BP when she was out of state.
Her bank had it flagged because she hardly ever made out of state purchases
so they thought it was stolen!
It took a while to get that straightened out so it does happen.
Linda

As others have said, I think you should take the $250 and run (as in consider yourself lucky they offered anything at all). That's just from my personal experience... count yourself lucky. I had a credit card "issue" as well- ended up costing me overlimit fee because they used the wrong card for the pymt --- they offered me nothing for that snafu except an email saying to contact them again if -well actually here's what they said:
We appreciate the time you took to contact us and apologize for the
delay in our response. When we receive comments from Guests, such as
yours, they are shared with various areas of our organization. This
allows us to identify what we are doing right, and what we can do
better. You may be assured that your observations have been shared and
are being taken seriously.

I feel that we truly understand your view, and have all of the necessary
information. However, should you wish to discuss your comments further,
or provide us with additional details, you may call me at

Do you even see an apology in there? I sure don't. Only apologizing for the delay in responding and saying they "truly understand my view and have all of the necessary information"??? (My email also had info about how youngest daughter found medicine under the bed/etc.)

Not even an apology! Take that $250 and run with it!

To the person that told her she could have handled things better and basically excusing the resort because of that comment- HOW? I ask you HOW could she, the resort guest, have handled things better? I'd love to know...

minnie61650 said:
Originally Posted by poohbear2
minnie61650 said:
ITA
poohbear2 said:

d4est said:

I was talking about an out of state gas station, motel or store.
(Sorry I did not specify out of state.)
My sisters cc was flagged at a BP when she was out of state.
Her bank had it flagged because she hardly ever made out of state purchases
so they thought it was stolen!
It took a while to get that straightened out so it does happen.
Linda
Sorry, didn't know you meant out of state. In that case, I would still, MOST DEFINITELY, throw a fit and write letters. They are leaving one high and dry, so to speak. Virtually stuck in a "foreign" place with no alternate means to pay for anything (gas, logding, etc). If the screw-up is, indeed, their fault, then they should feel obligated to compensate somehow. Just MHO.

Congratulations on getting $250. That's truly an accomplishment. I think you deserve two free nights at the Poly and a free luau dinner.

If you're truly mad at Disney, try Universal. It's fun, too.

BibbidyBobbidyBoo said:
To the person that told her she could have handled things better and basically excusing the resort because of that comment- HOW? I ask you HOW could she, the resort guest, have handled things better? I'd love to know...

First I think Disney was wrong I never said they weren't, but I would have handled it differently there and then.

One I would never travel hundreds of miles away from home with one credit card. Things happen, many have said merchants have the right to take the cards for various reasons, therefore a backup situation is needed. I would also never have a card where I can not reach someone until Monday morning, all mine have a 24 hour toll free number to contact. For that I would be upset with the CC vendor.

If I had been in this situation I would have never left the desk without either my card, a manager, or a suitable solution. I think problems should be dealt with when they happen. Therefore I then have no reason later to be upset or need to settle anything.

Nothing described in this situation would make me hate a business or even get upset. But if it did I would not be going back, that was my point which was obviously misunderstood. I would not want to vacation with anyone (Disney in this case) that could upset me that intensely.

Opinions were asked for. I gave mine. I am not taking up for Disney, I would feel the same way if it was Universal. I just think we all have to be very proactive in solving problems instead of waiting for a resolution after the fact.

Poohbear, I think you have every right in the world... Walt Disney World to be exact, to be upset.. I think you handled yourself with grace and dignity, I would have been insane..

I am not sure if I think $250 is enough compensation for their taking your card and destroying it....I would want to speak to someone live.. no left message, and want some answers from someone as to what happened and how they are going retrain this person who handled this situation inappropriately.

I probably would not have left the front desk of the Polynesian without speaking to a manager or someone...what they did is just plain wrong and it impacted your vacation. What if you had no money and just had that card... I am getting aggravated just thinking about it..

Hugs to you!!!!!

Well said Mackey Mouse, and I repeat myself "Take a chill pill" unless you own the hotel stop talking about it like you do, making it so personal. I don't believe how weird people are getting. :confused3

You're right Sammie, I have a friend and a few family members that have CC's with small banks and credit unions that can only be reached M-Fr, 9-5. Never in a trillion years would I deal with such a banking institution, I need 24 cust. svc. when dealing with CC's. And having more than on card on a trip is an absolute must, in fact I carry 2 CC's and a debit card.

I have to say that I would accept the $250 and call it a day. Yes, what happened was not appropriate, but it happened. People are human beings, and unfortunately mistakes are sometimes made.

In this day and age of voice mail - you can't expect someone to not leave a message if you have this on your telephone. At least someone contacted you and is trying to help resolve the situation.

I guess I just see this as a situation that keeps snowballing. It started out badly (and quite possibly could be the cc company's fault in some way), and now that Disney is offering compensation for the incident, you're not thinking it's enough. You're asking in a public discussion board for opinions, and when you don't hear what you like, you feel attacked. :confused3 IMHO, the responses you received were not personal attacks, but constructive criticism that all travelers should heed.

Personally, after what happened to us at LTT with the CM entering the expiration date wrong, I would never not take at least 2 credit cards with me. I also do not use debit cards when traveling, except for getting out cash (which I usually do prior to leaving). It's too easy to have your entire bank account wiped out by fraud. I'd much rather take up fraudulent charges on my credit card vs. my debit card.

Just my opinion - I'm pleased that Disney offered you the $250 and that a CM contacted you regarding this incident. IMHO, I would not waste any more energy or anger on this issue. It's really easy to take a bad situation and actually make it worse when we feel slighted. I would not hold this against Disney or the Poly for one CM's mistake. But that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter