Poly Nightmare or Almost had to dance for $!!! UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Disney "suits" are not known for their generosity. Grab it and run before they want it back!

I am so sorry for the problems you had I definately hear you on this one.

We have had CC problems with WDW on several occasions. The first they charged our card twice for a package we did not have, yes they took it off but it takes several days for the transaction to complete....did I say this was at Christmas??? The second time was basically the same thing, charging us for something we had already payed for, another big amount.

Anyway, I am very leary before I hand them a credit card for anything, we usually pay by some kind of check now.

The disney rep called and left a length message on my cell phone, which I feel she should have waited to talk to me all about the situation in person. This was a cope out on her part.

Second, I felt the rep was covering for the hotel saying that they swipe the card in, not type in, so she doesn't know why my bank said that the CM put in the wrong exp date. (Like my bank would lie to me about this???).

I would have been very happy with this an apology at the TIME of the situation. Now I am insulted and I am beginning to hate WDW.

I am still going to call and talk to the rep who handled this and express this to her, but I understand now that WDW is just a huge money maker and we are just peons. I never am a complainer and I ALWAYS give everyone a break, but this is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Thanks for your comments so far. They help me put this into perspective.

poohbear2 said:
The disney rep called and left a length message on my cell phone, which I feel she should have waited to talk to me all about the situation in person. This was a cope out on her part.

Second, I felt the rep was covering for the hotel saying that they swipe the card in, not type in, so she doesn't know why my bank said that the CM put in the wrong exp date. (Like my bank would lie to me about this???).

I would have been very happy with this an apology at the TIME of the situation. Now I am insulted and I am beginning to hate WDW.

I am still going to call and talk to the rep who handled this and express this to her, but I understand now that WDW is just a huge money maker and we are just peons. I never am a complainer and I ALWAYS give everyone a break, but this is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Thanks for your comments so far. They help me put this into perspective.

If this situation has led you to "hate" Disney, then my only recommendation is to move on and vacation somewhere else.

I really like being involved in Disney Internet forums and I like going to Disney as much as anyone else, but I truly think Interent forums have lead to some obsessing over what happens at Disney much more than is necesssary or healthy.

I think the Polynesian could have possibly handled it better if what happened by your account is accurate, but then I also think you could have handled things better too.

As to Disney lying and your bank not lying, consider yourself truly blessed if you have never encountered any problems dealing with your bank.

It is a vacation destination, not a plan for World Peace. I say move on, let it go, and vacation elsewhere. :flower:

I knew someone would take this statement the wrong way....

Sorry, just trying to vent my frustration. I was just trying to talk this out with other caring Disney travelers who are understanding and want to give constructive comments.

Obviously, I can vacation somewhere else. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Totally off topic...

poohbear2, I was noticing your tag and I am thinking that the tag fairy must have been hopped up on crack or something. That or my math sucks!

Disney Think Formula is:
HE= #D X DV (Height of excitement level = Number of days left till your vacation multiplied by the number of days of your vacation)

So for me
HE= 130 (days til vac) x 7
HE=910

OK so far, but that means when we are 1 day away from going...
HE=1 x 7
HE= 7

I don't know about anyone else, but I am out of control 24 hrs before liftoff! HE should only increase as vacation gets closer! Tag fairy, back to the drawing board!

Just a mood lightener, ignore me...

poohbear2 - So sorry you had such a thing happen to you on your vacation! That's why we go on vacation, to escape this kind of stress!

I hesitate to bring this up, but several posters have mentioned that vendors are required to take your card, some even going so far to describe it as the "law". We have a business that takes cc's, and there is no law that I know of that demands you take anyone's card from them and destroy it. In fact, the handbook they send out with the cc machines tells the vendor to avoid any kind of confrontation, if the customer does not want to relinquish the card, let it go.*my advice, don't relinquish your card!* The main reason vendors want to take the card is the $50 reward they get from the cc company for doing so. I'm sure this sometimes leads to an unseemly rush to destroy any card that has a problem!

Hopefully, you can take the remedy offered, chalk it up to bad luck and move on. It's hard to do that, I know!

Sounds like it was a mess but I do think $250 in DD is a fair settlement. I would take it and move on.

Liz

poohbear2 said:
I knew someone would take this statement the wrong way....

Sorry, just trying to vent my frustration. I was just trying to talk this out with other caring Disney travelers who are understanding and want to give constructive comments.

Obviously, I can vacation somewhere else. Sorry if I offended anyone.

I am not offended at all. You asked for opinions. I do understand and my comments are constructive. Sometimes on forums we do not always get want we want to hear, but then that is the nature of the situation.

Hate is a strong word to me, that I don't use lightly. I would not want to vacation or deal with anyone (meaning Disney) that caused that intense of a reaction. I would take my money and go elsewhere.

Good luck with any future plans regardless of your destination. :sunny:

Not all trips to WDW are going to be "magical" and mistakes are going to happen occasionally. In that regard, it's no different from any other place, magic nonsense not-withstanding. Remember that Disney doesn't go out of their way to hire the best people, just the people that are willing to work for low wages. It's more quantity vs quality. I sincerely hope that you won't let a blunder or two sour your enjoyment of WDW. We go very frequently and sometimes stuff just happens. Hang in there!

Sammie said:
If this situation has led you to "hate" Disney, then my only recommendation is to move on and vacation somewhere else.

I really like being involved in Disney Internet forums and I like going to Disney as much as anyone else, but I truly think Interent forums have lead to some obsessing over what happens at Disney much more than is necesssary or healthy.

I think the Polynesian could have possibly handled it better if what happened by your account is accurate, but then I also think you could have handled things better too.

As to Disney lying and your bank not lying, consider yourself truly blessed if you have never encountered any problems dealing with your bank.

It is a vacation destination, not a plan for World Peace. I say move on, let it go, and vacation elsewhere. :flower:

ITA
I am sorry you had a bad experience.
But ask yourself if this happened anywhere else, ie at a gas station,at the Holiday Inn, at a store at the mall, would you be upset enough to write 3 letters and to post on a community forum how horrible it was for the BP, Holiday Inn or Macy's to make such an error?
Now step back and be proud that Disney listened to your concerns and understands it was upsetting to you and has very genously offered you a
very nice compensation.
I had a situation once a couple of years where I bought concert tickets
for my teen daughter and myself. This club does not have seating and I am disabled so I made arrangements with the manager to have a chair avalible for the night of the concert.I even called back the night before to reconfirm one would be avaolble for me. When we arrived there was np handicapped parking availble and parking was 2 blocks away. We did not go as I could not walk that far. After a couple of calls and 2 letters I recieved a refund for $100
and a note saying they would on putting in handicap parking.
The tickets cost about $80 so it was not a big comp, but I was extreamly happy because now that small local club had been made more aware.
Be happy that Disney has been made more aware.
Linda ::MinnieMo

WOW....

Minnie61650:

1. I never ever would have expected a FREE vacation. You don't know me or what type of person I am.

Sammie:

2. I really don't think personal comments are really called for. You don't know me, how I handled the situation or what kind of "intense" situation I caused. I don't even know how you could make such an assumption.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD. I THINK THESE KIND OF COMMENTS ARE UNCALLED FOR AND I WOULD NEVER MAKE THEM OR ASSUME THEM OF OTHERS.

Thanks for others who were helpful and kind.

I agree with poohbear and I think some people need to lighten up. I love reading the threads, so that I can plan better mostly. And I believe this thread was great for me so that I know things that can go wrong, and to watch myself and CMs with my cc. So I appreciate the thread. If you're gonna take this thread too serious, and start commenting on people's actions when you weren't there, then exit the thread. My goodness people! Like I said thanks poohbear for the thread. I never would have known that tech. a CM can't take my credit card from me by law if I hadn't read it here. Glad Disney heard you and sorry about your experience, hopefully next times better. (As for using the word hate when venting, who hasn't, come on boys)

No I do not know you. I only know what you posted.
I am very sorry I upset you. But sometimes things happen beyond our control. I just thought if I had been in your situation I would been elated that Disney called back and that they agreed it was an error. The $100 was not
at all important to me. It was the fact that a small club became more aware of
need for Handicapped parking. When I saw you had a update I was so happy for you that Disney called back, but as I read your post it seemed like you felt you were insulted. I don't know what you wanted :confused3 Linda ::MinnieMo

LakeAriel said:
If you can send me a Private message I will send you a phone number for soemone in the executive office. This is inexcusable!

You got that right! Holy cow!

I used to work in the Visa dept. of a credit union. As soon as you said they took your card, I knew what was going to happen. When you said that they told you they wouldn't do anything to the card until they heard from you, I was screaming.........no, no, they are lying.......they will destroy the card!! :mad:

I'm sorry this happened to you.

minnie61650 said:
ITA
I am sorry you had a bad experience.
But ask yourself if this happened anywhere else, ie at a gas station,at the Holiday Inn, at a store at the mall, would you be upset enough to write 3 letters and to post on a community forum how horrible it was for the BP, Holiday Inn or Macy's to make such an error?

No..because they would have fixed the situation up right away.

I personally would have been just as annoyed at the CC company for the screwup. If you've been a good customer for a while, making payments on time, there's no excuse for the CC company not moving heaven and earth to get you a new card within 24 hours, or at a minimum straightening out the situation.

Wow, I'm sorry you had such a tough time with this! I just wanted to thank you for bringing it to my attention that something like this was even possible. I would never have thought to bring along a second CC, but I just put one in my bag thanks to your post!

Though I understand your aggravation, I think $250 is fair. Even if I felt I wanted more, at this point I would probably be happy to take the $250 and move on just so I didn't have to think about it any more. :guilty: Whatever you decide, I hope everything eventually works out for you. :wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter