Poly Nightmare or Almost had to dance for $!!! UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

poohbear2

<font color=CC66CC>Disney Think Formula is:<br>HE=
First, I just want to say that the Poly is truly a beautiful resort and worth every penny. We were actually put in Samoa room 3601 facing the pool! I couldn't have asked for better, really.

Ok now the nightmare part...

We had two reservations: First night AAA and then the last three nights with the free dining. When I went to check out of the first reservation, I had some charges to my cc. The CM was taking awhile putting my card through, she was training so I was patient, however her trainer told me that the card was not working and they had to take it from me! Of course I was puzzled since I had just purchased gas the night before with the card. Being a Sunday, I could not get in touch with my credit union until the following day. I told the front desk this and the CM told me that they won't do anything with the card until they hear from the bank or me.

The next morning I called the bank and to make a long story short they told me it was the CM fault. SHE PUNCHED IN THE WRONG EXP DATE. I asked her to call the desk and I went down to get my card. Of course I was upset because a day went by and I did not have access to my funds. When I got to the desk the CM told me the card was allready destroyed or sent away!! They did not know where it was !! I was so upset!! NOW I did not have access to my funds for the rest of the four days!! I only had a few hundred dollars in TC. But the biggest kicker was no manager or anyone came out to say sorry...It was like or Nothing we can do..next customer.

I will be writing to the company. My bank had to cancel the card, I have to wait two weeks for a new card and now I have to also tell the other companies that use my old cc for withdrawal payments that the number is no longer any good! Thank goodness my rental car was taken care of! I would have been in a real pickel.

If you can send me a Private message I will send you a phone number for soemone in the executive office. This is inexcusable!

Never give them your card. Simply say, I will keep it and contact my financial institution. They had NO right or authority to take your credit card or God Forbid, destroy it. Write a letter, they have some explaining to do.

Under certain circumstances the merchant is required to take and destroy the card.

My AMEX card was rejected for an online postage purchase from the USPS. I called AMEX and they said the charge was put through with the wrong expiration date. I typed it in myself, I know it was correct. I wonder if there was some type of computer glitch.

The bank should have overnighted you a replacement card. Further the bank should have linked your old and new number so recurring charges get honored.

WOW!! You are taking this extremely well!!! You must have great low blood pressure!!! I think I would have had a conniption and demanded a face to face with the manager and if they brushed me aside like that I'd be boiling!!! You are a good example of even keel and I hope I learn from you!!!

Hope you get a good result...that really is CRAPPY!
Tara

Not to defend at all what happened, but if for some reason the CC company told the CM to destroy the card, we are LEGALLY OBLIGATED TO DO SO. On all credit cards it clearly says that they are property of the issuing bank, not the customer.

I'm really sorry for your inconvenience, I hope they fix the situation to your satisfaction. :)

since they had destroyed the card you were using what did you do?

WOW!! You really did handle this better then I would of!!!! I would of freaked out!! I do not bring allot of cash with me I usually just use my CC!!
I really hope they do the right thing for you!!

tnkrbell said:
WOW!! You really did handle this better then I would of!!!! I would of freaked out!! I do not bring allot of cash with me I usually just use my CC!!
I really hope they do the right thing for you!!

I agree. ::yes::

WOW... You are handling it better than I would. I know I occasionally have trouble in WDW charging to my room. For what ever reason at least 2 times in a trip I am told it won't go through. So I take the time to go back to the resort and as the front desk what has happened and it's always the same... NOTHING your card is fine. I am shocked they destroyed your card and have giving you no apology. I would definately be writing someone HIGH up. Good luck keep us informed

That is the reason I bring two credit cards with me on every vacation. I have had magnetic strips wear out and found out the hard way that not every employee is trained to enter the numbers by hand. It can be a real pain. Not to excuse the blame, since I would have been furious, but itiis nice to have a backup.

That's awful! I would have been livid..

Just another incident to add to my long list of reasons that I prefer to travel with travelers checks.. So far no one has ever tried to "take them away" from me :teeth: and if lost or stolen, they're replaced quickly..

You really need to contact someone VERY high up in the company about this..

My DH used to work with a software company that dealt with Visa card processing. If it is Visa (not sure on the MasterCard procedures/rules) - he said to ask your credit union to look at the authorization history for those transactions to see what they were and the response codes (to see why the charge was declined). Even though the purchase didn't go through, there's a request and response history record. Specifically, if the response had a pick-up code. Your credit union should know what this means. Ask for a manager if you need to.

If a pick-up code was given, then you need to ask the credit union why it was given and demand a response ("If I didn't report my card lost or stolen, why did you issue a pick-up code?"). If they don't have a good answer, it's probably a good time to find a new credit union. My DH said he would gripe to them big time.

If there was no pick-up code given, the merchant (Disney) most likely shouldn't have taken the card & destroy it. They should have (and still should) in good faith have given you something (free tickets, comped the room, etc.) to make up for it.

Hope this helps!

As others have said you are handling this way better than I would. If I knew a merchant destroyed my credit card without even asking my permission the entire hotel would have heard me!!!!
The Poly is also known not to apologize for anything they do as what happened to me a couple of years ago and it's why I won't go back. Of course I took care of it and went to upper management after I got home but it still wasn't the same. The person that upset me is the one that should have apologized.
Good luck.....

Sounds to me like the fault should be split between the resort and the cc company. If the company did indeed order the card to be held and destroyed, the cm had no choice but to comply. However, if it indeed was the cm's fault that caused the card to be rejected, then the resort needed to make some amends for the inconvenience caused the op.

OMG....I would of made an *** out of myself from my temper....now I know if they have a problem with my Mastercard at all I'm going to ask....Did you put in the right expiration date? :confused3 :teeth: I'm scared to use my card now, even though I'm in good credit standings. This is on the lines of a few other posts I have heard about on here. All dealing with disney and credit cards. :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter