Podcast Cruise 4.0 - 12/08/2012

Discussion in 'Podcast Cruises' started by WebmasterJohn, Mar 23, 2011.

1. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

Welcome back! I'm glad you had a great trip, but low to mid 90s in April is TOO hot for me! I'll be there 2 weeks from now, and I hope it cools off a bit.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KimStaR

KimStaR this water smells like splash mountain

Hey Hey. Thank you for your response. Still undecided, but leaning towards 3.0 I think. I want it to definitely be nice and warm and not cool or cold at all, and it seems the consensus is Florida, and Castaway have a chance of being cool... and althought it would be super to try the new Itin... I don't want to risk not having a nice HOT vacay! :) Still thinking though... Thanks again! :goodvibes

4. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Just a picture to keep us all interested:

[​IMG]

5. FrankieDplus3

FrankieDplus3 Can't wait to go back!

Hi All,

This may be the wrong thread, so I apologize in advance if I've highjacked it. (Feel free to redirect me or I'll gladly start a new thread.)

I'm exploring the idea of going on a cruise, but, I am an obsessive planner and I'm hoping the boards can assist me with cruise planning as much as it has helped with WDW planning.

I've never been on cruise or even researched the option before. Price wise, how will/does the 2012 Fantasy Podcast Cruise 4.0 compare against direct booking or other cruises.

Thanks in advance!

6. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

On Disney you won't find a difference in pricing between different TA's or directly from Disney. So send a request for a quote for this cruise by filling out the information at this page

7. DisneyKevin

DisneyKevin Kelvis Moderator

There are no additional costs involved with booking through a travel agency. DCL does not allow travel agents to charge more or less for their product.

If you are interested in participating in the Podcast 4.0 events, you must book through Dreams Unlimited Travel.

8. TIGGERmetoo

TIGGERmetoo DIS Veteran

It's EASTER - you shouldn't be working Kevin. Hope all of you have a great day!

9. mdvlprof

mdvlprof DIS Veteran

Like we were at risk of lost interest...:rotfl: But that is a nice pic.

10. mainegal

mainegal <font color=purple>I am becoming very good at maki

Frankie, if you want to cruise on the Fantasy and you want to go in December, book with Dreams Unlimited and join us on PCC 4.0.
    Cruise prices vary by season and type of cabin. Price for PCC 4.0 is not "special", but there will likely be "special" events and treats. (John or Kevin, correct me if I am wrong)

If you want general cruise info, read and post questions on the cruise forum thread. Lots of great help there!

11. Justin Jett

Justin Jett <font color=darkorchid>I will do my Elvis impressi

I have to respectfully disagree with the statement that the price for the Podcast cruises are not special. Group pricing is lower than the regular prices offered by cruise lines.

I just now compared pricing on disneycruise.com and the podcast cruise booking engine. For 2 adults is a Catagory 11A on the December 8, 2012 Fantasy sailing, the price on the podcast cruise booking engine was $300 lower than the price quote on disneycruise.com

I personally feel that a $300 savings on a vacation is great. Also, if you take any DIS experiences into account......I'd say a DIS cruise is pretty special, in both experience and value.

12. mainegal

Okay, I am confused.
    I need John or Kevin to chime in with definition of group space and group pricing.

Kevin wrote that TA offer the same price as DCL. Can the TA offer cruises at a discount because they are booking a group?

I have heard them talk about group space. I thought that meant they could reserve offer a certain amount of spaces at a price set at a certain date. When the spaces ran out, the next set of group spaces might be at a higher rate if DCL raises the rates. Could that be the discrepency Skip sees?

Or, maybe DCL does not raise rates as cruise dates get closer. For PCC 2.0, I don't think prices went up much from the time the cruise was announced eighteen months out. Could be wrong on that, fuzzy memory.

John or Kevin, please enlighten us about group space and group pricing.

13. Justin Jett

There is no discrepency.

If a group leader or travel agent reserves staterooms from a cruise line's groups department, the cruise line will give the group a discounted rate on the staterooms reserved. Now, if the group space sells out, and the group decides to reserve more space, the price may be higher than the previous block of space. As the ship sells out, the price will go higher. However, the groups department will give a discount that is less than the regular price of the stateroom.

14. DisneyKevin

Kevin didnt say that at all.

Kevin said "There are no additional costs involved with booking through a travel agency. DCL does not allow travel agents to charge more or less for their product."

The prices being charged for any Disney cruise booked by Dreams Unlimited Travel (or any other travel agent or agency) are those set by Disney Cruise Line.

15. mainegal

I think, Kevin, we are on the same page, although I did not quote you exactly.
    A cruise is the same price whether booked through DCL or any travel agent.

Our question was about PCC, not just any cruise.
    Is the group rate pricing "special", discounted as compared to an individual booking the same category on the same cruise?

Post 23 from this thread...
    John mentions "group rate pricing". What discount (%?) is that?
    It must be less than 10%, since John thought onboard booking discount would be better than the group rate.

So, the question... Has DCL increased the cruise price for the December sailing (as I have read someone post), or does the PCC 4.0 price reflect group rate discount for the group space?

:confused3:confused3:confused3

Sorry to be so confusing...

:woohoo: :goodvibes :woohoo:

Whatever... I still remember talking to John and Kevin at Cookies on Castaway Cay last December. I was on the fence about cruising DCL again. But they sort of talked me into rebooking and I am glad I did.

The PCC 4.0 will be special. I don't know what John will plan for us, but I will patiently wait until sometime in November 2012 to hear what it is. :thumbsup2

16. Cherinva

Cherinva Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

The best thing to do is ask for a Quote from DU and go from there. Prices vary on which cabin type you want. Sailing with DCL is awesome....plus if you book through DU, you are then invited to participate in the events that the Team (or rather the Genius) put together for us...Let me say, that it is well worth it....we would love to have you with us, should you decide to book on PCC 4.0.

17. DisneyKevin

Skip explained group pricing pretty well.

18. mainegal

Actually, the question is not answered.
    Is the group rate pricing "special", discounted as compared to an individual booking the same category on the same cruise?

Current 11A price for the December 8, 2012 cruise

DCL - $2497.40
    PCC - $2189.40

Is the difference because Dreams got us “discounted” group space or because the DCL price has gone up since the prices were first announced a couple months ago?

19. Justin Jett

As I said above

"If a group leader or travel agent reserves staterooms from a cruise line's groups department, the cruise line will give the group a discounted rate on the staterooms reserved."

I am not good at math, but I think $2189.40 is less than $2497.40

20. mainegal

Is the $308 difference because Dreams got us “discounted” group space or because the DCL price has gone up since the prices were first announced a couple months ago?

21. FrankieDplus3

FrankieDplus3 Can't wait to go back!

Okay...I like that my post generated some conversation.

I would like to thank all of you that responded and provided me with some clarity. (Yes, clarity, the responses have not confused me.)

DUT pricing for this PCC is less but consistent with DCL pricing. I understand that booking with DUT will provide me "special bonuses" in the form of special events/shows/guests/appearances/iPad 3s or 4s? ... etc will add to the "value" of the trip.

Convincing me to go on this PCC is not a hard thing to do. Convincing my DW to go on this cruise (or any Caribbean cruise for that matter - her wish is the Mediterranean) is a story for another thread.

Thanks for all of the support. I'll keep reading and maybe start planning for PCC 5.0 if 4.0 can't happen.
    :stitch: