Podcast Cruise 4.0 - 12/08/2012

Neither Hope or I have been to these ports. She was talking about going to the ruins at Tulum (sp?) I discovered on a previous cruise, I can't snorkel. I have a weird panic attack when I try to breathe thru a snorkel. Not sure what I might do besides the tour of the ruins. The time we have at Costa Maya, isn't that long, so I have no clue what to do there. Where can we get the good vanilla? Is it the beans or the extract? I would love to use it for my Christmas baking that year. I will be honest, Mexico scares me a little. I know we will be safe, but all the stuff that goes on down there is just so whacked. I will have to look at the current excursions again to see if I am even going to get off the ship at a couple of stops. A whole day by the pool or in the spa when everyone else is on shore sounds nice.
8.gif

Our group will be going to Castaway Cay instead of the taping as well.

I want to thank all of you that chose the island over the taping! My name was the fourth one pulled for a "Favorite Thing" win due to no shows! :)

We hit the island about 11:30 or so and had more than enough time to take in the island after enjoying the live taping.

I have become less a fan of the island each time I have visited. It's a pretty place to visit, but not a must see and game changer.
We had a great day and the taping was one of the high points of the week actually. We got to visit and meet folks and it was quite fun.

To each their own!

Val & I went to the taping and hit the island after that. We weren't planning on doing any beaching that day. We just wandered around taking pictures (such a picturesque place), had a bite to eat, chatted with some DIS and non-DIS folks and then had a beverage at the Heads Up Bar before returning to the ship.

Euphscott said:
I want to thank all of you that chose the island over the taping! My name was the fourth one pulled for a "Favorite Thing" win due to no shows! :)

We hit the island about 11:30 or so and had more than enough time to take in the island after enjoying the live taping.

I have become less a fan of the island each time I have visited. It's a pretty place to visit, but not a must see and game changer.
We had a great day and the taping was one of the high points of the week actually. We got to visit and meet folks and it was quite fun.

To each their own!

You are welcome!

We prefer to hit the island right away & go back to the ship around 3. It's like a routine - get "our spot" (since we've been there 9 times), DD plays in sand (or in warmer months we all enjoy the beach & water & Pelican Plunge), lunch around 12-12:30, then DD goes to Scuttles Cove for an hour or so while DH & I walk around, enjoy an adult drink & maybe even go to Serenity Bay. Then, we go back to the ship and let DD enjoy the pool deck until its time to get ready for 5:45pm dinner.

I love CC. I love how clean it is. I live 1 hr from many area Gulf beaches & much prefer CC. No parking issues. No chairs to lug. Super easy. Cookies BBQ could certainly use an improvement tho!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

To each their own!
I'm with you! Castaway Cay is a nice beach, but how many opportunities do you have to attend a live Podcast taping? I'll bet those whose names were first drawn for the ABD Backstage Magic trip were REALLY sorry they weren't there for the taping! ("Crystal" must be kicking herself!)

I normally go to CC for a few morning hours, eat lunch, then return to the ship to see a movie. This time I decided I'd go to the Podcast taping - not knowing whether I would stay the entire time. I enjoyed the first half (~ 40 minutes) so much that I booked a future cruise during the 20-minute break! I had no plans to book another cruise onboard - until I was on the cruise and decided I wanted to go on the 2014 Podcast cruise! :teeth:

After the taping, my roommate and I ate lunch at Cookies Too, then spent about 2 hours at Serenity Bay. We returned to the ship in time to see Wreck-it Ralph at 3:00.

We were there too! We were holding our breath each time they called a name - Congratulations Scott - good for you!!:thumbsup2

Got home last night. Had such a good time on PCC 4.

Won a Vaho bag. :cool1: THANKS, Kevin. Perfect for the small amount of stuff I carry around WDW.

We're not big CC fans, either. It's nice, but we're not beach people. Go ashore, ride the trams, get lunch, back onboard.

To each their own!

Oh this is great, I have only seen the one on Facebook. I can actually see Greg and me in this one!! Roz is next to us, Linda and John are in front. How can I get an actual copy - do you know? Thanks for posting this. It was great meeting you at Bunco (how fun was that) and at our very special Remy dinner.

Oh this is great, I have only seen the one on Facebook. I can actually see Greg and me in this one!! Roz is next to us, Linda and John are in front. How can I get an actual copy - do you know? Thanks for posting this. It was great meeting you at Bunco (how fun was that) and at our very special Remy dinner.
Is that Ros next to you? The light & shadows on this picture make it hard to tell for me. The downside of his taking the picture from where he did is the odd shadows & reflections on people's faces.

By actual copy do you mean a print? You needed to have purchased it from Shutters while on the cruise. I don't know if there's any way to get a professional print of it now. I can email you a High Res scan if you want (if your email can handle it). PM me if you want that.

Tobi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!