• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Podcast Cruise 3.0 - 06/24/2012

Assuming you are a US Citizen you do NOT have to have your passport for this cruise. NON-US Citizens must have a valid passport.

Since it is a 'closed loop' sailing (leaving from a US port and returning to the same US port) all you really need is a valid Drivers License with a photo and your original birth certificate.

With that said I STRONGLY suggest getting your passport renewed before the cruise. If by some strange twist of fate you need to fly home from a non-US port you would need your passport.

Take the time and try to get your passport renewed.

If/when you do please make sure Tracey has the new passport info so she can forward it to DCL - TraceyH@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

Thanks John! I just wasn't sure since it expires 2 months after the cruise if that was an issue. I'll go ahead a renew it.

Amanda

I'm in the middle of completing my online check-in, and I'm at the point where I select my boarding time.

I'm using the DU transfer from BWV to the cruise terminal, so I'm not quite sure when I'm going to be arriving at the port. Will it be OK if I just select the earliest available boarding time, even if I show up later?

Apologies for the newbieness of this question, but on my first cruise last summer, my family handled all of the travel logistics. All I had to do was show up on time, hold other people's bags when they got tired, and eat.

Thanks,
Dave

Thanks for asking this! DH and I were just talking about this yesterday on our drive home from Omaha and wondering what to do!

And we'll be on the BWV transfer too! Woohoo!!!

Are we there yet?

Sorry I couldn't resist as I can't wait for this cruise!!!!!

Booking my massage and an excursion to Nassau to show our kids the Straw Market and visit Atlantis this week!

TTFN :tigger:

75 days until we go through the big yellow ears!

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2075.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2302-1.jpg

Ugggh, I just had a sense of being overwhelmed because I'm T minus 13 hours from check-in and signing up ship and shore activities. Thing is, I asked the family what they want to do and nobody has anything in particular they want to do. I asked about Nassau and they were fine with just going on our own walking tour and maybe hanging out at a beach or heading back to the ship. Castaway Cay is the same, they're fine with hanging on the beach.

I feel like I need to plan something to make this trip awesome, but I'm guessing it's awesome even if I don't plan anything. I want to make sure we have time to do some of the DIS events. It's weird, I've had all these ideas in my head for over a year and it appears like we aren't going to do anything. I feel lost not having this big itinerary to set up. Maybe it's just first time cruise anxiety?

I guess the one thing I really wanted to do was for my wife and I to eat at Palo one night. Is that even possible considering the reservations are already probably all gone?

Anyways, only 76 more days.

Ugggh, I just had a sense of being overwhelmed because I'm T minus 13 hours from check-in and signing up ship and shore activities. Thing is, I asked the family what they want to do and nobody has anything in particular they want to do. I asked about Nassau and they were fine with just going on our own walking tour and maybe hanging out at a beach or heading back to the ship. Castaway Cay is the same, they're fine with hanging on the beach.

I feel like I need to plan something to make this trip awesome, but I'm guessing it's awesome even if I don't plan anything. I want to make sure we have time to do some of the DIS events. It's weird, I've had all these ideas in my head for over a year and it appears like we aren't going to do anything. I feel lost not having this big itinerary to set up. Maybe it's just first time cruise anxiety?

I guess the one thing I really wanted to do was for my wife and I to eat at Palo one night. Is that even possible considering the reservations are already probably all gone?

Anyways, only 76 more days.

Yeah, we're pretty much in the same boat (insert rim shot here).

It'll be 11pm for us to be able to book/check-in tonite, yes? (i.e. midnight EST) The only thing on our bucket list is to try and arrange parasailing at some point along the way. (My backup plan is to try and book it at WDW for one of our days before the cruise, since it's offered off of the Contemporary I think.)

From what I have seen about Palo, you should have some availability for dinner. It just looks like the brunch is jam-packed. Still, who knows? I heard on a podcast somewhere that some spots might be held back so that they can book with the Concierge on the ship.

Good luck!

Yeah, we're pretty much in the same boat (insert rim shot here).

It'll be 11pm for us to be able to book/check-in tonite, yes? (i.e. midnight EST) The only thing on our bucket list is to try and arrange parasailing at some point along the way. (My backup plan is to try and book it at WDW for one of our days before the cruise, since it's offered off of the Contemporary I think.)

From what I have seen about Palo, you should have some availability for dinner. It just looks like the brunch is jam-packed. Still, who knows? I heard on a podcast somewhere that some spots might be held back so that they can book with the Concierge on the ship.

Good luck!

I have a board of education meeting tonight that has me stressed also and I'm going to be lucky if it's over by 11.

LOL, I was going to look at parasailing for my girls, thought they might find that really cool. I think they can go as a tandem. The only other thing I was thinking about was a private cabana for one of the days. I suppose the chances of getting one of those is slim to none. Honestly, if I get none of the stuff mentioned above I'm sure we'll still have a great time.

Does anybody know if they are pre-booking the activity, "Dining Reviews with John and Kevin, How To Avoid The Sad Little Crab Cake".

The cabanas are fully booked for both days - I noticed that earlier today

OK, I was able to get on last night and reserve a Palo dinner for my wife and I. That should be nice.

Also was able to get parasailing on our second Castaway Cay day and a jet ski tour that same day.

Got a couple floats and tubes for both Castaway Cay days also.

Glad to hear it went well!

We had success, as well. We booked parasailing for the first Castaway day and a walking tour of the forts in Nassau.

Palo and Remy aren't in our plans this year, but I did see that spots were going fast. Congrats on getting it in!

OK, I was able to get on last night and reserve a Palo dinner for my wife and I. That should be nice.

Also was able to get parasailing on our second Castaway Cay day and a jet ski tour that same day.

Got a couple floats and tubes for both Castaway Cay days also.

Good for you! Just finished searching and didn't find a thing for Palo. It doesn't say "Sold Out" but when I click "check availability" for our party size of 2, it comes back saying "nothing available"

Oh well, all the more reason to book another cruise!!!! :laughing:

Besides, we weren't sure how to do Palo AND not miss a regular dining rotation restaurant.

Woo! I woke DH up from a couch nap to get online at midnight, and we have a Remy dinner and a couples massage booked. We think we might have to do an on-board booking for another cruise so we can shoot for Palo brunch next time... :rotfl:

Now this is starting to feel close!

XO
Liz

Congrats to everyone who was able to reserve the activities you wanted!

Just a note about Palo brunch: I was able to reserve for 6 of us earlier today - probably around 11AM this morning or so. I think the key was the party of 6, but I'm not sure. If you were unable to reserve for a party of 2, perhaps you could try hooking up with another couple or 2 from the disboards and see if that opens anything up for you....

Good luck!

Glad to hear it went well!

We had success, as well. We booked parasailing for the first Castaway day and a walking tour of the forts in Nassau.

Palo and Remy aren't in our plans this year, but I did see that spots were going fast. Congrats on getting it in!

What time is the forts tour? We are thinking of that one, as well, but have been waiting to see what podcast events might happen that day. We don't want to miss any special events!

What time is the forts tour? We are thinking of that one, as well, but have been waiting to see what podcast events might happen that day. We don't want to miss any special events!

It goes from 9:45 until 1:15. It's a risk, I know, but I'm hoping that anything going on that day will be after that time!

This is probably a post for the regular cruise boards, but it concerns traveling to the Bahamas and our cruise, so I thought I'd ask here.

I tend to be a bit conservative where security is concerned. I've been reading a lot about the Bahamas, New Providence Island and Nassau itself. I have been reading things like, "The Bahamas has a high crime rate. New Providence Island in particular has experienced a spike in crime that has adversely affected the traveling public. Pickpocketing and theft remain the most common crimes perpetrated against tourists." This comes from the U.S. State Department's travel advisory page on the Bahamas.

Now I'm not trying to ensue panic, but is this something I need to be concerned about? For things like the Disney excursions on Nassau, I am I correct that these activities should be safe? What about the excursions out to the Atlantis Resort?

Thanks in advance from the novice Disney cruiser.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter