Podcast Cruise 3.0 - 06/24/2012

DH and I are thinking about skipping shore excursions. We might stroll the Straw Market a bit just to say we got off the boat. :-)

Any tips for those who prefer to "go it alone"?

DH and I not planning on doing any excursions. The goal is to relax as much as we can. We may get off in Nassau to walk around but I doubt it.

This is our first DCL cruise and our DDs (7 and 5) first cruise. We've decided not to do shore excursions, but we're looking forward to getting off the boat at Castaway Cay!

XO
Liz

I'm going to do the stingray encounter with Connor on our first Castaway Cay day.

Val's doing a massage on Nassau day and I'm going to do the mini-facial & Shave that same day. Oh, and we are also doing Palo that night.

We'll go out to Castaway Cay at least one of the 2 days we'll be there. No Nassau.

There's so much to do on the ship- including trying to find time to relax- we're happy to just "Dream" through our vacation. :cloud9:

We are thinking about doing the Nassau Forts and Junkanoo excursion, but I don't want to miss any podcast events. It's DS's birthday that day, so I want to make sure he does something of his choosing. I'm just hoping there are still some spots available after we get our schedule of events from the team.

--H

We might go to Nassau mainly because we haven't been since our honeymoon...we'd probably check out the straw market but also check out Atlantis...but we haven't planned anything yet.

We're going on a Dolphin Swim in Nassau because we've never been able to book one (always sold out). Usually, though, we stay on the ship at Nassau -- we'd like to go to Atlantis --next trip maybe. :-)

I've been to Nassau before so don't have much desire to do that again. First cruise and first time to Nassau for the rest of the group so they may want to go ashore.

Will go to Castaway Cay one of the days to look around and see what's there. I'm not too into beaches but DW is, and that is one reason we are taking this cruise rather than Alaska. I plan to sit on our veranda, relax, and get caught up on a bunch of WDW-related magazines and books (some were Christmas presents) which I just have not had time to read the last few months.

Also, we will have spent 5 days at the World just before the cruise. I'm looking for some serious relaxation time.

We don't get to check in online until the 10th (as I said, we are first time cruisers). I saw the prior posts about no Paolo brunches available. Should we still be able to reserve a Paolo dinner by then? Which night does everyone recommend, if there is a selection of nights?

Trying to decide between the Bamboo massage or Hot stone massage.

I think I'm leaning towards the bamboo. I am an LMT and I give hot stone massages so it would be cool to try something different!

Can't wait for this cruise!

Val has done the hot stone massage before and said its fabulous! She's got the Elemist Aroma Stone Therapy booked for this cruise.

We don't get to check in online until the 10th (as I said, we are first time cruisers). I saw the prior posts about no Paolo brunches available. Should we still be able to reserve a Paolo dinner by then? Which night does everyone recommend, if there is a selection of nights?

Personally, I would recommend a day when you are not rushing back from a port. Whether or not you are doing excursions or just looking around on your own, I find it easier on a sea day or a day you plan to not get off in a port. It makes it easier to look forward to and get ready for.
I hate rushing back to change gears- shower, dress up, etc. It just seems more rushed to me on a busy day.

Val has done the hot stone massage before and said its fabulous! She's got the Elemist Aroma Stone Therapy booked for this cruise.

That was the hot stone one I was talking about. I'll decide this weekend.

Has anyone done the Bamboo massage? I know I would love the Aroma Stone therapy massage but thought it might be neat to try something different!

I am at swimming lessons with Ian this morning getting him brushed up for the cruise. Under the 80 day mark!!!

I'm in the middle of completing my online check-in, and I'm at the point where I select my boarding time.

I'm using the DU transfer from BWV to the cruise terminal, so I'm not quite sure when I'm going to be arriving at the port. Will it be OK if I just select the earliest available boarding time, even if I show up later?

Apologies for the newbieness of this question, but on my first cruise last summer, my family handled all of the travel logistics. All I had to do was show up on time, hold other people's bags when they got tired, and eat.

Thanks,
Dave

I have a quick question. I just realized my passport expires in August of this year. Will I need a new one before the cruise or will my current one be ok?
The rest of my family is fine with passports. It's just me.

Amanda

I'm in the middle of completing my online check-in, and I'm at the point where I select my boarding time.

I'm using the DU transfer from BWV to the cruise terminal, so I'm not quite sure when I'm going to be arriving at the port. Will it be OK if I just select the earliest available boarding time, even if I show up later?

Apologies for the newbieness of this question, but on my first cruise last summer, my family handled all of the travel logistics. All I had to do was show up on time, hold other people's bags when they got tired, and eat.

Thanks,
Dave

I would suggest putting in for the earliest time this way if the buses get there before then it won't be an issue.

I don't have an ETA when the buses will be leaving the WDW resort area or arriving at the port.

We will be letting DCL know that we have a bunch of people coming by bus and ask if they can accommodate them regardless of their check-in time.

I have a quick question. I just realized my passport expires in August of this year. Will I need a new one before the cruise or will my current one be ok?
The rest of my family is fine with passports. It's just me.

Amanda

Assuming you are a US Citizen you do NOT have to have your passport for this cruise. NON-US Citizens must have a valid passport.

Since it is a 'closed loop' sailing (leaving from a US port and returning to the same US port) all you really need is a valid Drivers License with a photo and your original birth certificate.

With that said I STRONGLY suggest getting your passport renewed before the cruise. If by some strange twist of fate you need to fly home from a non-US port you would need your passport.

Take the time and try to get your passport renewed.

If/when you do please make sure Tracey has the new passport info so she can forward it to DCL - TraceyH@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

I would suggest putting in for the earliest time this way if the buses get there before then it won't be an issue.

I don't have an ETA when the buses will be leaving the WDW resort area or arriving at the port.

We will be letting DCL know that we have a bunch of people coming by bus and ask if they can accommodate them regardless of their check-in time.

John, thanks for the response. I just completed my online registration doing what you suggested.

Now for the important decisions to ponder, like what kind of massage to book? :good vibes

-- Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter