Podcast Cruise 3.0 - 06/24/2012

Discussion in 'Podcast Cruises' started by WebmasterJohn, Nov 10, 2010.

1. WebmasterJohn

WebmasterJohn Genius Administrator

You should check out the deck plans we have on our site for the Dream located here - http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/deck-plans.htm - I know they say 2011 but it is also for 2012. That should help you get an idea where the staterooms you might want are located.

You mentioned wanting a 6A. You might not know this but all of the category 6 staterooms (6A and 6B) have the solid wall verandah and not the plexiglass. That's why they are a little cheaper than the category 5 staterooms. Not sure if that makes a difference to you or not.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. WebmasterJohn

That's certainly the timeframe we're looking at for the next one. It will depend on DCL itineraries at that time but we seem to gravitate to that first/second week of December for these events.

4. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Like! December 8th is the anniversary of Val & I meeting!!

5. corky441

corky441 <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Has there been any thought on changing up the itinerary for the December cruise??

I was thinking maybe on the Fantasy for a 7 night Eastern or Western Caribbean cruise :love: :goodvibes

6. WebmasterJohn

Anything is possible. We need to see the itineraries and sail dates before we can decide.

7. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

I just realized something.

Where are we going on 3.0? LOL

8. 3guysandagal

3guysandagal <marquee><font color=green>Sailed with the Podcast

Well, to answer my own question, I went to the link as directed and figured out a few things.
    First, and foremost, Cat 6A and B are aft staterooms not midship staterooms, so thats a no go, plexiglass or solid.
    Cat 4A to 4D are family staterooms, sleep up to 5, not what I need, but have midship staterooms and is an option nonetheless.
    So it seems my best option is a Cat 5A to 5E, sleeps up to 4, of which only 100-130 can be considered "midship".
    Now, after reading Room317's post, I came to the conclusion that a dummy cruise booking may be the way to go and start thinking about Dec 2012 as our boys will not be out of school until the 27th or 28th as well.
    And, just a heads up, while doing this, I counted how many inside staterooms were available (not what I want, but curious) as these are pretty popular with the single and double cruisers.
    Total inside staterooms in Cat's 10A and 11A-C is 135.
    These may go fast. JMHO

9. 3guysandagal

10. jpeka65844

jpeka65844 DIS Veteran

At first, I requested a quote for a Cat 6 room. I didn't realize that these are all aft.

So my only option for midship is 5A-E? Am I understanding that right?

11. *NikkiBell*

I know nothing about cruising and I am not ashamed to admit it. Even before 3.0 was announced, I said that I'd go on the Dream as my first cruise. Is there a primer somewhere to help me understand all of this?

12. 3guysandagal

No, there are also midship in Cat 4A-D, but those are Family rooms that sleep 5, and are about $230 more for 2 people.
    These are verandah rooms, if you want midship inside or Oceanview there are other options available. 9B, 10A, 11A-C.

deck plans http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/photos/DisneyDreamDeckPlan.jpg

13. paulasillars

paulasillars <font color=green>Body in New Zealand, mind in Wal

Who cares where we are going :rotfl2:

Dummy date transfered and deposit paid... see you all on board! :rotfl:

14. *NikkiBell*

:lmao: I hear ya, Paula! It's so going to be an ABD 3.0! ;)

15. lugnut33

lugnut33 DIS Veteran

What is wrong with an aft room?

16. Kuffam

Kuffam Mouseketeer

My wife thinks I'm nuts. But as a graduation gift to myself, I get to go on Podcast cruise 3.0!:goodvibes

17. jpeka65844

jpeka65844 DIS Veteran

Some people maintain that aft rooms feel more of the motion of the ship. I'm borderline when it comes to motion sickness. I can't ride in the backseat of a car. I haven't been on a boat in maybe 10 years and it didn't bother me then, but we figure better safe than sorry!!!

18. DisneyKevin

DisneyKevin Kelvis Moderator

Personally....John and I prefer aft staterooms.

It's much quieter back there.

The aft elevators are never crowded.

On the Magic and the Wonder, the restaurants, drink station, quick service places etc are all in the aft. This makes bringing breakfast back to the room easier.

It's not unusual for aft staterooms to get seats in the restaurants for the Muster Drill

Our stateroom on PCC 2.0 is an aft stateroom...by choice.

19. *NikkiBell*

Okay, I am cruise dumb. What is an aft room? I've heard that it is either better or worse, but what is the difference?

20. jpeka65844

jpeka65844 DIS Veteran

Aft rooms are ones at the backend of the ship. You're basically hanging off the end of the boat. :-) There's some good pics on this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2586763

Kevin, I do believe we would enjoy an aft room for the quietness and seclusion but I don't want to risk being miserable.

21. DisneyKevin

DisneyKevin Kelvis Moderator

The three sections of the ship are the Fore (front), Mid Ship (middle) and Aft (back) sections.

There are also the Port side (left) and Starboard side (right).

People feel that Mid Ship rooms feel less motion. Think of a teeter totter and how the middle moves less than either end.

Also, to minimize movement, people feel that the lower decks feel less movement.