Podcast Cruise 3.0 - 06/24/2012

My fiance and I just booked a 6A room for the 3.0 cruise. Reading through things it looks to have its pros and cons, as we have never been on a cruise before were hoping it will be fine.

Cant wait for 2012.:cool1:

-Neal

So the inside staterooms are considered mid? Or only some are?

There are inside staterooms through out the ship.

Anywhere there is a outside stateroom (veranda or port hole) there is usually an inside stateroom across the hall.

Notice that the cat. 9A cabins (oceanview) cost less than the cat. 10 and 11 insides! Still - it's over $1100 pp for the least expensive cabin (9A) for a 5-night Bahamas cruise. I will definitely pass on this and hope the Dec. cruise is a 7-night on the Fantasy - for probably not much more money.

There are inside staterooms through out the ship.

Anywhere there is a outside stateroom (veranda or port hole) there is usually an inside stateroom across the hall.

I think I want one of the inside cabins. I want to see the new virtual portholes. And I would love the December cruise to be a 7 night. I am still hoping for a repo cruise in my future. I LOVE the sea days on a cruise.

Kim

The three sections of the ship are the Fore (front), Mid Ship (middle) and Aft (back) sections.

There are also the Port side (left) and Starboard side (right).

People feel that Mid Ship rooms feel less motion. Think of a teeter totter and how the middle moves less than either end.

Also, to minimize movement, people feel that the lower decks feel less movement.

Have you ever had a problem with the teeter tottering?

Notice that the cat. 9A cabins (oceanview) cost less than the cat. 10 and 11 insides! Still - it's over $1100 pp for the least expensive cabin (9A) for a 5-night Bahamas cruise. I will definitely pass on this and hope the Dec. cruise is a 7-night on the Fantasy - for probably not much more money.

The idea behind this June cruise is for people who cannot get time off during she school year. Yeah it may cost a bit more, but we'll still have jobs.

The idea behind this June cruise is for people who cannot get time off during she school year. Yeah it may cost a bit more, but we'll still have jobs.

I understand why the cruise is in June, and I wanted to point out that some oceanview cabins cost less than insides. I have no doubt that it will be a fun cruise.

The last time we went on a Disney cruise, our daughters were teenagers. Now they are both married and one has a 6 month old son. I am thinking of surprising them and booking the trip for all of us. At the time of the cruise, my grandson will be 2 years old. Do we pay for him as a third person in the room, or since he is under 3 is he free like he is in the parks?

We are booked through Dreams on the 1-6-11 Panama Canal repositioning cruise. Assuming the discounts and space still exist is it possible to book 3.0 on our cruise and get the Dreams group space/rates? If so, what do we tell the rebooking staff on our ship?

:confused3

Thanks,

Craig and Sharon
Seattle

I think I want one of the inside cabins. I want to see the new virtual portholes. And I would love the December cruise to be a 7 night. I am still hoping for a repo cruise in my future. I LOVE the sea days on a cruise.

Kim

My roomie and I want the virtual porholes, too. We made sure to look for a room with that when getting a quote. :)

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 :teacher:

I'd much rather have a large window on the Dream in a 204 sq. ft. cabin than a virtual porthole in a 169 sq. ft. inside cabin - especially when the OV costs less.

My roomie and I are in the process of getting a quote for a deluxe inside room with a virtual porthole. It is 204 sq. feet. Unless we are really wrong, we are able to have the larger room with the virtual porthole which we are both excited to see.

My roomie and I are in the process of getting a quote for a deluxe inside room with a virtual porthole. It is 204 sq. feet. Unless we are really wrong, we are able to have the larger room with the virtual porthole which we are both excited to see.

You're right that the Cat. 10 is the same size as the cat. 9 OV. I'll be in a cat. 11C on the Dream in February. I booked it because it was cheap, not because of the virtual porthole. :lmao:

Does anybody have an 'educated guess' about when the second half of the 2012 itineraries will be released?

Only that I checked the Hong Kong overseas terminal website & it gave links to all of the cruise lines including DCL. Winters from November to March are actually the best time to visit Hong Kong because it is not rainy and not muggy hot.

Maybe? Cruises between HK & Japan with add-ons to the Disney parks each way?

Part of attracting the Chinese market? Or great for the Aussies & Kiwis

I'm a few weeks behind on the podcast, so I was quite pleased to get an email today letting my family know that 1 of our 2 booked cruises coincided with pcc 3.0. Looking forward to it.

Since DH doesn't follow the podcast he asked some questions that I knew the answer was "yes" but didn't know the specifics. I realize that all of this might change for PCC 3.0 and may/may not be offered but was curious nonetheless.

1. DU is offering transfer busses to the port from WDW? What's the charge for them and what resort/s do they leave from?

2. DU got group rates at S/D for pre/post cruise stays. DH and I will most likely do at least one night in advance of the cruise. What was the rate? We're DVC members and will be using a boatload of points in January to book a Dec 2011 family trip and were thinking to try to save some back or take a chance with a group rate somewhere.....

3. Is there a Palo brunch on PCC 2.0?

I believe that the deadline for both the transfers and the special hotel rates has passed, according to what they said on the podcast last week.

There hasn't been any mention of a Palo brunch.

I believe that the deadline for both the transfers and the special hotel rates has passed, according to what they said on the podcast last week.

There hasn't been any mention of a Palo brunch.
I think the PP is asking about info/prices in case the same things are offered for 3.0.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!