Podcast Cruise 3.0 - 06/24/2012

So if I want to maximize the money I spend on PCC 2.0, and minimize the amount of deposit, I can book for one person and increase to two later, correct? And if the 50% off OB rebooking deposits is still in effect it would be a $50 deposit?

Thanks.

Yes and no :goodvibes

You could definately book for one person on the future sailing and you will pay less deposit while onboard.

Keep in mind that the $200 per person deposit is if you book through the group space we have secured. Rebooking onboard will fall under different deposit policies which is 20% of the cruise fare.

DCL is currently running a promotion for rebooking while onboard where the deposit is half the normal amount - or 10% of the cruise fare. Again, I cannot guarantee this promotion will be in affect when we sail in December - it is up to Disney Cruise Line what promotions they want to run.

Now - there are some factors to consider if you only book one passenger while onboard and decide to book more people later.

First, only the people booked into your stateroom while onboard get the current rate. Additional passengers added after you return home will be at the current rate at the time you add them. Since pricing can increase as the ship fills you MAY wind up paying more for the people you add later than if you rebooking them while on the ship. Any onboard discounts will apply to new passengers added but the cruise fare could increase from the time you rebook onboard to the time you decide to add more people.

In addition, as the ship fills there could be space issues and new guests may not be able to be added. Even if you book a stateroom category that can fit more people than what you book into that stateroom initially, factors such as life boat station capacities and childrens programming availabilities can restrict the addition of other passengers.

You will need to weigh all these factors when deciding how/who you should rebook onboard.

I wonder when the second cruise would be? I maybe want to do disney in August and again in the fall. I would love to go on my first podcast cruise!!!

I do have a question if anyone knows, we previously went on the Disney Wonder if you can get a discount on the podcast cruise?

Thanks--M

Woo Hoo!!!! :cool1:

Val & I will be there without a doubt.

John, On PCC 1.0 there was a discount/benefit for booking on board. Will this be true for PCC 2.0 as well?

Looking forward to it!

Currently the onboard rebooking perks are:

- half off deposit
- 10% discount on cruise fare
- shipboard credit based on length of future sailing as well as your Castaway Club Level at the time of rebooking. Here is what the current SBC amounts for rebooking onboard a future 5-Night Sailing (for stateoom categories 4A - 11C only):
* Silver Castaway Club Level = $100 per stateroom
* Gold Castaway Club Level = $150 per stateroom
* Platinum Castaway Club Level = $200 per stateroom

As I mentioned above I have no way to guarantee these will be the perks for rebooking while on our cruise. There could be no perks for rebooking at all. I doubt that would happen but I need you to be aware that we have no way of knowing for sure until we cruise.

John,

Is there a chance that this cruise will fill by the time y'all get off Podcast Cruise 2.0 with all the bookings? What I'm asking is if we should book ASAP if we're not going on 2.0?

I doubt the cruise itself will fill-up from the onboard bookings. The Dream is bigger than the Wonder so there are more staterooms to fill, plus I doubt everyone on PCC 2.0 will rebook on 3.0 - the dates and pricing may not work for everyone.

However, if you want to book PCC 3.0 and you will not be on PCC 2.0 my advise is to book now through our group space. We have locked in the current/lowest price available for this sailing and prices may go up in time. In addition we cannot guarantee DCL will allow us to hold any more space beyond our original allottment.

Thanks, John.

Does anyone have suggestions for getting my partner, who says that it's too early now to talk about dinner tonight, to commit to a vacation that's 20 months away? :)

I'm pumped!! Will be bouncing it off wifey tonight!!

I stayed around at lunch today to read up on it and I have to make this happen.

Really really really really want to go this time...but these two kids we've got make it so much more expensive :)

No discounts on a 6 year old that only eats chicken nuggets?

John, what is the date the full balance is due? I keep hearing different dates and am so lost. :(

We will probably be booking this onboard.
But, Just curious here.
I'm not up on all the categories on the Dream, but I can sort of figure it by the Wonder.
Booking is open now, yet PCC 2.0 cruisers are urged to wait until on board to book for the 10% discount.
This is a limited space cruise (as far as group booking).
Can you guarantee that, lets say, a category 6A verandah midship will still be available by then?
I'd be kinda upset if we waited until Dec to save $300, (which would be nice) only to find out we can only get a Cat 11 inside or something without a verandah, which we want.
Not that a Cat 11 is bad, if thats OK with people, go for it.
But I want a verandah room within my price point.
This would be a make or break decision for us.
I know Pete said not to worry, there would be enough rooms, but with 600-700 people this time, there may not be much of a choice a month from now.
Rooms, yes, choice, no.
Thoughts?

We will probably be booking this onboard.
But, Just curious here.
I'm not up on all the categories on the Dream, but I can sort of figure it by the Wonder.
Booking is open now, yet PCC 2.0 cruisers are urged to wait until on board to book for the 10% discount.
This is a limited space cruise (as far as group booking).
Can you guarantee that, lets say, a category 6A verandah midship will still be available by then?
I'd be kinda upset if we waited until Dec to save $300, (which would be nice) only to find out we can only get a Cat 11 inside or something without a verandah, which we want.
Not that a Cat 11 is bad, if thats OK with people, go for it.
But I want a verandah room within my price point.
This would be a make or break decision for us.
I know Pete said not to worry, there would be enough rooms, but with 600 people this time, there may not be much of a choice a month from now.
Rooms, yes, choice, no.
Thoughts?

I'm sure you can understand that we cannot guarantee availability at all. This is something that is completely out of our hands.

The Dream has Verandah Staterooms in Categories 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 5A, 5B, 5C, 5D, 5E, 6A and 6B (not counting concierge suites). I don't know how many total Verandah Statertooms there are on the ship but my guess is a lot.

Please book how/when you feel comfortable.

I'm sure you can understand that we cannot guarantee availability at all. This is something that is completely out of our hands.

The Dream has Verandah Staterooms in Categories 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 5A, 5B, 5C, 5D, 5E, 6A and 6B (not counting concierge suites). I don't know how many total Verandah Statertooms there are on the ship but my guess is a lot.

Please book how/when you feel comfortable.

Thanks for the quick answer John!

But how many are midship?

ETA...OK, not how many, which catagories. Sorry

3guysandagal said:

if you go to the Dreams Unlimited cruise page, there is a section that shows the deck plans for the new ship

Hi honey! I believe the Bs are midship. And if I'm not mistaken there are more verandah rooms than not on the Dream.

Can I put in my request for December now? Dec 8 2012 is a very BIG birthday for Lori :)

Just sayin'! Off to tell Rick about this- guess we're going to reconsider that 3/17/12 vow renewal on Castaway Cay now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!