• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

PM EMH drops from THREE Hours to TWO Hours

The only real point in there is that people are more prone to be out between 10 and 12 than 1 and 3. Logic follows that since there is a higher overall percent of people being out at those times, there is a higher likelihood of a higher percentage of people being affected by the hour being cut.

Translating into raw numbers is something we don't know, but my own anecdotal experience (which, of course, doesn't count since it goes against what others have said about the "last hour" in different times of the year (which also means the last hour is very different from my last hour, but still, since it's the last hour it must be the same)) suggests that a higher overall number of people are utilizing that last hour. AKA, there have been lines at stuff up to closing that I've seen. But, since others state that there's only 5 riders per hour, I must have been hallucinating (yes, this is misdirected and not particularly meant for KSDisneyDad above :))

So, if it's because I pay less, should people in Deluxe Resorts get an extra 3 hours, mods get an extra 2, and values get an extra 1? Since they are paying less to stay, they shouldn't get the same level of experience as those paying more! Then again, I pay more at a mod in September than someone pays at a value in July. So, how does that fall into the equation? This is going to require a spreadsheet to figure out how many park hours I am entitled to!

Weather in September is no different than weather in July, except the occasional TS. Highs are still in the mid 90s with dew points in the mid-upper 70s (or higher). So yeah, you'll still melt, just you can't come back later in the day and expect much more than a couple hours.

But, again, I forgot that I can't be right if I'm saying that I don't agree with a decision Disney made and that I am a horrible unethical evil person for suggesting that I may reduce my vacation time at Disney due to them making changes that I don't agree with. Forgive me?

At MOST 1.1%. Could be considerably less ;).

---below this line doesn't relate to that directly above it---
Again, to reiterate. I don't like the changes. They stink. They WILL affect me and they WILL affect my future vacation plans to Disney. Sorry if that's being overdramatic, but it is. I value my time and money I put into these trips. When I continue to get less and less for that money, then it's time to reevaluate if it's worth it to me. Not saying that I'll never be back, but my future trips could be shorter, off-site, and/or cheaper. So, the more Disney cuts back, the more I will. If FLE and CameronLand turn out to be worth it (to me), they'll go into that column on said evaluation.

But, then again, me cutting back on my vacation because I don't feel that the value is worth the cost anymore is offensive apparently.

I hate to say it but I do believe (based on the surveys I have gotten) that Disney is considering something just like what you have described. Benefits based on category of resort. Now it may be tied into a package you purchase or something of that sort but the bottom line will be that you will pay more for shorter lines, better parade viewing etc.

According to the TP line app, TSM FP's ran out today around 3pm. There is a report at 2:48pm of 9:10pm FPs.

However, according to same app, Soarin FP's ran out today around noon.

Not too many FP reports today at MK, but Splash was had them for a 7:30pm return at 4:30.

AK had EE FP's only 40 minutes out at 3:30.

See the post above, does not look like a fluke to me.

The TSMM after July 4th was a fluke, I had friends there and yes it happened. July 4th was very slow for Disney this year, compared to previous years.

I just looked at my journals for this year and of the 31 days we spent in DHS there were no TSMM FP's available after 11:30am. Some days ran out earlier but none were available on any of those days spread out over busy and slow time after 11:30am.

Sorry double post.

I am not one to complain about Disney and how they run things, however, this is HUGE to us.

We own DVC and go twice a year. Once for a week with our kids and once for a week with just DH and I. That last hour of EMH is my absolute favorite part of my trip with DH. There is just something so magical about walking around MK when it is pretty quite and you can just walk and enjoy the park without worrying about running into people. Not to mention we get to walk on the rides that we put off during the day because of the line time. We plan when we are going to arrive just to make sure that we get in on the EMH at MK.

We have recently been talking about selling our DVC points because my kids really would rather stay in a house with a pool. I kid you not that the ONE reason that has made us not sell is that DH and I cannot imagine giving up the EMH at MK. Stupid to some? Probably. But I am not being over dramatic in the least.

So while some people might not think this is not a big issue, it certainly is for us and might just push us towards selling our 425 DVC points and staying off-site from now on.:sad2:

See the post above, does not look like a fluke to me.

fluke/flo͞ok/
Noun:

Unlikely chance occurrence, esp. a surprising piece of luck: "their triumph was no fluke".

Flukes can happen more than once. Based on my personal experience they are more likely to run out sooner rather than 3pm. Also, we experienced problems with TP's app. While there we actually overheard a large group of teens talking about how they were reporting false wait times so "we can get on rides faster":mad:

Writing this out on iPhone so unable to paste previous quotes (sorry just not very tech savvy when it comes to phones!)
To Robo - thanks for the info on Magical Express, after reading your post with regards to the Magical Express and Mears, it dawned on me I had read before about that in a Walt Disney World Guide Book, my bad for having a bad memory.

Was wondering/hoping if people here could help me out with a question I have.
Went onto google earlier today and typed "Walt Disney World Extra Magical Hours". The first result was WDW official site and it stated with regards to EMH that guests could enjoy upto 1 hour earlier in the morning and upto 2 hours more in the evening on selected parks on certain days.
Does this mean it's already come into effect? I know the original post at the beginning of this thread said it would be Jan 2013, but since it's already on their website, would that entail they've already cut it down to 2 hours?

I hope I've missed something there or miss-read as I'm going back late November and was looking forward to the 3 evening EMH

fluke/flo͞ok/
Noun:

Unlikely chance occurrence, esp. a surprising piece of luck: "their triumph was no fluke".

Flukes can happen more than once. Based on my personal experience they are more likely to run out sooner rather than 3pm. Also, we experienced problems with TP's app. While there we actually overheard a large group of teens talking about how they were reporting false wait times so "we can get on rides faster":mad:

Maybe you can define "probability" as well and also calculate it. What is probability that independent people reported same thing during different time frames and during our conversation, rendom person got and posted same result?

Writing this out on iPhone so unable to paste previous quotes (sorry just not very tech savvy when it comes to phones!)
To Robo - thanks for the info on Magical Express, after reading your post with regards to the Magical Express and Mears, it dawned on me I had read before about that in a Walt Disney World Guide Book, my bad for having a bad memory.

Was wondering/hoping if people here could help me out with a question I have.
Went onto google earlier today and typed "Walt Disney World Extra Magical Hours". The first result was WDW official site and it stated with regards to EMH that guests could enjoy upto 1 hour earlier in the morning and upto 2 hours more in the evening on selected parks on certain days.
Does this mean it's already come into effect? I know the original post at the beginning of this thread said it would be Jan 2013, but since it's already on their website, would that entail they've already cut it down to 2 hours?

I hope I've missed something there or miss-read as I'm going back late November and was looking forward to the 3 evening EMH
If you have the DIS app, you can just press the little arrow on the header of the post, then press "quote".:) Yes, I am tech-savvy.;)

Maybe you can define "probability" as well and also calculate it. What is probability that independent people reported same thing during different time frames and during our conversation, rendom person got and posted same result?

2 people have reported on 2 days that TSMM have lasted until 3pm. We can certainly watch it over the next few days and post what time they run out each day and see what is more likely. Many more people have reported that they have run out earlier in the day than the two who reported later times but as I said we will watch and post future times for probability and all.

2 people have reported on 2 days that TSMM have lasted until 3pm. We can certainly watch it over the next few days and post what time they run out each day and see what is more likely. Many more people have reported that they have run out earlier in the day than the two who reported later times but as I said we will watch and post future times for probability and all.

For the record, there were more then 2 reports, another thing that every time people post about longer availability they told it is fluke or anecdotal story. We can watch it for the next 300 days but my question is will you believe since some teens apparently play with the system?

Lets say it is June 1. Evening extra magic hour at DHS. Regular close 9:00 EMH close 12:00. TSM will still be full, RnR will have a wait, maybe ToT. If I get on RnR at 11:59, and 25 minutes later I come out of the ride, the park is going to seem empty. The park always seems empty after close. I think some people are not remembering correctly how many people are still in he parks at the beginning of evening EMH third hour, and focusing on how few there at the end of the third hour. But all the parks feel emptier twenty minutes after they close.

Don't they keep track of how many people are in the parks at specific times? I would think they would know just how many people they're disappointing with this change.

Don't they keep track of how many people are in the parks at specific times? I would think they would know just how many people they're disappointing with this change.

Of course they know. So I would guess by that the number of people they are disappointing is relatively small. And by how many posters on here are posting how empty the parks are that 3rd hour.

I have seen teens play with the system. I would rather just ask Josh over at EasyWDW what his opinion is.

So, if you will be right, it will be all cool, but if experiment shows longer availability, there must be something wrong, good to know. BTW, Mobil Magic still shows availability, it is 1:40PM, it may or may not survive till 3PM, I will be checking, but it is 2 hours after 11:30AM.

Update:

2:43PM, still available.

3:19PM Gone.

Just 299 days more to count.

This thread is regarding the suggested change to PM EMH. Please keep comments to the subject matter or let the thread drift down the board to allow more topical posts to be seen :thumbsup2
If you wish to continue conversations the Community board is a better outlet for your posts :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter