PM EMH drops from THREE Hours to TWO Hours

Robo

1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!
The following information begins in January, 2013.

Here is the information from the internal calendar...

PM EMH is now two hours instead of three hours.

The lowering of service at a new higher price continues.
This will undoubtedly make PM EMH a much busier and less attractive choice.

I wonder if this will be the case only in "low crowd" seasons or is it the new PM EMH norm.

Guess this was the "change" that held up the release of the January hours. Really unfortunate that it had to be a negative change-- especially in a month like January when regular hours are short as it is.

Thanks for the info, Robo.

The following information begins in January, 2013.

The lowering of service at a new higher price continues.
This will undoubtedly make PM EMH a much busier and less attractive choice.

I wonder if this will be the case only in "low crowd" seasons or is it the new PM EMH norm.

I too wonder if they'd bump it back up to 3 hours during the busier seasons. But if it's permanently at 2, that greatly diminishes the value of the EMHs. I'd bet some people who really count on using the EMHs might start re-thinking whether staying onsite is worth it.

With the number of on-site hotel rooms increasing, you'd think they would want to increase EMH, not decrease.

Any chance they could be increasing the number of evening EMH per week or maybe have it at multiple parks each night?

With the number of on-site hotel rooms increasing, you'd think they would want to increase EMH, not decrease.

Any chance they could be increasing the number of evening EMH per week or maybe have it at multiple parks each night?

That's not the case with the dates that have been released so far.

Here is the information from the internal calendar:

Sunday - MK PM
Monday - AK AM and HS PM
Tuesday - EC AM
Wednesday - AK AM
Thursday - MK AM
Friday - EC PM
Saturday - HS AM

Robo beat me to it with the info from CF. Looks like just one more reason for me to avoid EMHs altogether.

I don't even stay onsite anymore, but that stinks! They take away an hour of EMH, yet the resort room prices keep going up? Maybe it is just for the "slow" seasons (although that still stinks for those visiting at that time of year).

I haven't really paid attention too much to this in the past, but I thought that the PM EMHs were generally shorter during the slower times of the year.

We really only take advantage of the morning ones as it is and I really wish that they would extend those by an hour. I know it won't happen, but it's a nice dream.

I haven't really paid attention too much to this in the past, but I thought that the PM EMHs were generally shorter during the slower times of the year.

PM EMH were always 3 hours long. Always.

(Barring a severe weather situation or other "emergency.")

Just idle speculation here, but I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the rollout of the XPass/Fastplass Plus thing. Maybe the people who buy the higher-priced packagaes with FP+ will get more park hours than those who don't.

Just idle speculation here, but I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the rollout of the XPass/Fastplass Plus thing. Maybe the people who buy the higher-priced packagaes with FP+ will get more park hours than those who don't.

Is it still speculation that they are rolling out something like this or do we have an official announcement?

Just idle speculation here, but

1- I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the rollout of the XPass/Fastplass Plus thing.

2- Maybe the people who buy the higher-priced packagaes with FP+ will get more park hours than those who don't.

1- Very likely.

2- Less likely.

I am definitely disappointed in this change. I find the 1st hour is always supercrowded and really only find a benefit in the last 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

UGH!. We love 2 and 3 am in the parks. I am very upset. :furious: Now we have to take two more trips in 2012 just to get our late night fix!

I'm happy with a two hour evening EMH. It's enough time to get enough attractions in, and still a really big advantage for us to stay on site.

Summer hours were shorter in the evening this year than on our past trips. I posted quite a bit last year about the demise of evening emh after the characters were dropped from pm emh at MK in June 2011.

IMO they will do away with EMH as we know it now and roll out a new program that will coordinate with the new FP system.

Depending on the new program this will push us towards more off site stays.

I'm happy with a two hour evening EMH. It's enough time to get enough attractions in, and still a really big advantage for us to stay on site.

The reason this is such a big deal to me is that
the later the PM EMH, the fewer the guests, the more attraction rides per remaining guests.

The last hour was the "golden hour" of PM EMH.

The reason this is such a big deal to me is that
the later the PM EMH, the fewer the guests, the more attraction rides per remaining guests.

The last hour was the "golden hour" of PM EMH.

Totally agree! Cooler, less crowded, love MK at 1 & 2am, reminds me of Grad Night (which is no more)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter