Planning Our Happily Ever After - A Disneymoon PTR! (NEW 7/13 - TR Link!)

It sounds like the wedding planning is coming along pretty well! What a great idea to hire a day of coordinator. That will be so much less stress on you knowing that someone is there to take care of things.

The flowers all sound beautiful. I can't wait to see pics of how it all comes together!

Dress shopping sounds so fun! Do you have any specifics you are trying to find?

The planning is coming along well! I'm finally feeling like I'm getting some things accomplished, which is a big relief! :thumbsup2

For dresses, I'm currently thinking about modified mermaid, ballgown, or A-line, although I really am pretty open. The only thing I'm pretty set on is I want rouching - I think it is so flattering!

snap... I'm having two MoH too! :cutie: my younger sister (one I went to WDW with last December lol) and my cousin - we're really similar in age & have always been best friends, I was her MoH earlier this year lol.

That sounds good to split the groups up.. I went with my Mum & sister last time, and it'll be with my cousin next month :goodvibes .. I think she was a little disappointed I didn't ask her to come along for the initial viewing, but she does live over 200 miles away and I kinda didn't want too many people there?! .. Most of the shops are quite small too!
It'll be nice to take her second time around, I think I have more idea about what I want now hehe.

x

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with two MOH's! People tend to look at me a little funny when I say that. :laughing: I can't get over the similarities between our weddings!

I was worried I couldn't find a dress store big enough to seat everyone comfortably, which is when I decided to split them up. I think it's going to work out well!

I love hydrangeas! That's what I used for my wedding. :love: They are absolutely stunning and make such a elegant statement. :goodvibes

I'm glad you are happy with your photographer. That's the one vendor I regret. They just weren't into my wedding at all I feel like. Don't get me wrong we have a lot of great photos but there was NO communication on their end. That's what we get for booking on a budget. :confused3

Your dress appointments are the two Saturdays that we'll be in Disney! :) I'll look forward to hearing about them when I return.

Your flowers sound sooo beautiful! I can't get over how much I love your color choices! So great for a June wedding in Georgia-- it all sounds so picturesque!
The day of coordinator sounds perfect. You'll be able to relax and not have to worry about the little things or vendors.
Ooo, can't wait to hear about dress shopping!

I don't see anything weird about having two MOH. How are you having them divide up responsibilities? How many BMs are you having?

Have fun dress shopping!

Your wedding plans look great! The bouquets sound absolutely gorgeous!! :lovestruc

I remember planning my wedding, it was so much fun! I felt like a princess the entire time, getting to pick out so much pretty stuff! I am so excited for you! :hug:

Oh DRESS TIME!!!! How Awesome :)

Your flower arrangements sound wonderful, Getting a DOC sounds like a smart plan. i didn't have one, but we didn't have our reception at the same venue as the ceremony. I hope that relieves some of your stress about wedding stuff too!

Can not wait to hear more!!!!!

I am currently helping my friend finish up planning her wedding that will occur on October 2nd! Weddings are SO EXCITING!!!!!

Hope you have a great weekend!

OK I'm signing up!

First I want to say CONGRATULATIONS! That is so exciting!

I would love to have a disneymoon but DBF is a "Disney Resister" lol...maybe I can convince him :thumbsup2

I'm excited to hear your plans!

I love hydrangeas! That's what I used for my wedding. :love: They are absolutely stunning and make such a elegant statement. :goodvibes

I'm glad you are happy with your photographer. That's the one vendor I regret. They just weren't into my wedding at all I feel like. Don't get me wrong we have a lot of great photos but there was NO communication on their end. That's what we get for booking on a budget. :confused3

Your dress appointments are the two Saturdays that we'll be in Disney! :) I'll look forward to hearing about them when I return.

I think the hydrangeas are going to compliment my southern glam theme so nicely. I really excited about using them!

I hate to hear that about your photographer! Sadly, I hear lot's of stories about people being unhappy with that vendor. :sad2: While I know I love the work of the woman we chose, I hope she has a great personality as well...she did during our initial meeting, so we'll see...At least you got some good pictures, though.

Your flowers sound sooo beautiful! I can't get over how much I love your color choices! So great for a June wedding in Georgia-- it all sounds so picturesque!
The day of coordinator sounds perfect. You'll be able to relax and not have to worry about the little things or vendors.
Ooo, can't wait to hear about dress shopping!

Thank you! I debated color combos for so long. Thankfully, I haven't felt the urge to change what I have - I think it's all going to compliment the ballroom so nicely. :thumbsup2

I don't see anything weird about having two MOH. How are you having them divide up responsibilities? How many BMs are you having?

Have fun dress shopping!

Good! I just couldn't choose between the two of them. As far as responsibilities go...I'm not sure. It will probably just be whoever wants to do it. One MOH is super excited about the wedding and really in to it and would probably do anything I asked her to. The other one is kind of nonchalant about the whole thing. :confused3 It's just the two MOH for me - no other bridesmaids. We're keeping the wedding party pretty small.

Your wedding plans look great! The bouquets sound absolutely gorgeous!! :lovestruc

I remember planning my wedding, it was so much fun! I felt like a princess the entire time, getting to pick out so much pretty stuff! I am so excited for you! :hug:

Thank you! :goodvibes The planning has really gotten fun. At first it was all so overwhelming because there was so much to think about. But now that we've got a lot of our vendors booked and the details ironed out I'm really enjoying it!

Oh DRESS TIME!!!! How Awesome :)

Your flower arrangements sound wonderful, Getting a DOC sounds like a smart plan. i didn't have one, but we didn't have our reception at the same venue as the ceremony. I hope that relieves some of your stress about wedding stuff too!

Can not wait to hear more!!!!!

I am currently helping my friend finish up planning her wedding that will occur on October 2nd! Weddings are SO EXCITING!!!!!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Yes, it's finally time for dress shopping! I've managed to not do any shopping for 9 months! :eek: How exciting that you're getting to help your friend plan!

OK I'm signing up!

First I want to say CONGRATULATIONS! That is so exciting!

I would love to have a disneymoon but DBF is a "Disney Resister" lol...maybe I can convince him :thumbsup2

I'm excited to hear your plans!

:welcome: and thank you!

Oh no! How sad that your DBF doesn't like Disney! :guilty: I hear of that so much on here. It makes me really appreciate the fact that Miguel loves Disney just as much as I do. Has your DBF ever been to Disney before?

I'm enjoying reading about your plans! Everything sounds beautiful!

My family is going in Nov for our first trip, and I'm addicted to reading everyone's reports and planning a future anniv trip for me and DH!

Congrats!
Michal

Your Italy pics are fantastic!

Flowers sound beautiful! I can't wait to hear about your dress shopping!

My venue had a banquet manager so she took care of my day-of stuff and I didn't have to pay extra. Yours sounds like she'll do a great job!

Loved your Italy update! Such a beautiful country... maybe someday...

I can't believe you're already at 9 months (ish)!! Time flies, I tell ya!

Glad you found a florist, coordinator and photographer you like. Can't wait to hear about dresses!

I'm enjoying reading about your plans! Everything sounds beautiful!

My family is going in Nov for our first trip, and I'm addicted to reading everyone's reports and planning a future anniv trip for me and DH!

Congrats!
Michal

Thank you! :goodvibes And congrats on your upcoming trip! I get so many great ideas from reading other's TR's - that and it helps fill the Disney void between vacations! :thumbsup2

Given that you have only two BMs, it makes a lot of sense to make them both MOH.

That was my thought too! :thumbsup2

Your Italy pics are fantastic!

Flowers sound beautiful! I can't wait to hear about your dress shopping!

My venue had a banquet manager so she took care of my day-of stuff and I didn't have to pay extra. Yours sounds like she'll do a great job!

Thank you! :goodvibes That's so nice that your venue had someone there to handle the day of coordination!

Loved your Italy update! Such a beautiful country... maybe someday...

I can't believe you're already at 9 months (ish)!! Time flies, I tell ya!

Glad you found a florist, coordinator and photographer you like. Can't wait to hear about dresses!

Thank you! :goodvibes Italy really is a lovely place. :cloud9:

Ok DISers, I need some opinions!

Just to refresh your memory, Miguel and I will be spending out last evening of our November trip in Epcot. We're planning on maybe a few FW attractions, but we're mostly going to be there to eat and see Illuminations. As of right now, we have an ADR for Chefs de France at 6:00.

Now, I've been wanting to try Chefs for a while. However, I was really planning on it for a nice lunch during our disneymoon. At the time that I was making my ADR's for November, nothing else was really jumping out at me so I went ahead and booked Chefs for our final meal. While I'm looking forward to trying the restaurant, there's something about that ADR that I haven't been completely happy with. I think it's mostly because I had already gotten the idea of lunch there on the disneymoon in my head. If we eat at Chefs in November, I doubt we'll eat there again in June (unless we just really love it).

So this brings me to my question. As I'm sure you all know, La Hacienda opened up today! All of the buzz around it has gotten Miguel and I both really excited to try it. We love Mexican food, and this is definitely a place we will be trying at some point. It looks so cute on the inside and from what I've read of their menu, I think Miguel would really really enjoy this meal. And me too, of course! From what I've read, ADR's open up on October 16th...should I try to get one? I figure if I could get an ADR at La Hacienda, that would free up the chance to do Chefs for lunch on the disneymoon. What do you all think? :confused3

I think it's worth a shot to get an ADR - you can always keep the current Chef's ADR until you have a meal at La Hacienda confirmed.

I say try to get an ADR, and if you can, then go that route. It is fun to try brand new things! And like arbolita said, you can always hang on to the Chefs reservation until you have the new one made.

I think La Hacienda looks really nice. I'm jealous we probably won't get to try it until 2012 :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter