Planning Our Happily Ever After - A Disneymoon PTR! (NEW 7/13 - TR Link!)

Your schedule is impressive!!!

The pictures from Italy are gorgeous; it's definitely on my list of places to visit! My DF's side of the fam is from Italy; my grandma actually came to America on a boat! I really want to trace some of my heritage back to exact areas there! That'll definitely be an after law school trip, though!

It looks like you two had a fun summer, but I don't blame you about looking forward to fall! WOHO for upcoming trips!!!

Happy Labor Day! I must visit the Atlanta zoo!

I want a Coke now after seeing your pictures but I'm giving up all soft drinks and booze this month.

OH MY GOODNESS we are SO excited for Disney!!!!!!! :yay:

Yesterday I went through all my new clothes and other clothes to see what else I need for Disney next month. Later this week I get to tackle my sons wardrobe- go through boxes of fall clothes and his dresser drawers of summer clothes to see what all will be packed.
My DH made a countdown calendar for our son and everyday he helps me draw a mickey head on the day :) I can not wait!!!!!!!!! We just went over all our DDP stuff today too! (check out my main page and I posted a note of my DH's PTR he started. needs to be updated lol)

ANYWHO::
Your summer seemed to be filled with fun stuff! I love aquariums!

I can not wait till you put an update up about the wedding! So fun to see what other people plan for their weddings :lovestruc
I love weddings! And planning! :goodvibes

Hope that your weekend was wonderful :) Looking forward to the next update!!!

Getting clothes ready for Disney is so much fun! I'm already thinking about my November wardrobe. ;) I bet it's even more exciting when you're planning the wardrobe of a little one! Your countdown calendar sounds so cute!

I had no idea your DH had a PTR! I'll definitely head over there and check it out! :goodvibes

Your schedule is impressive!!!

The pictures from Italy are gorgeous; it's definitely on my list of places to visit! My DF's side of the fam is from Italy; my grandma actually came to America on a boat! I really want to trace some of my heritage back to exact areas there! That'll definitely be an after law school trip, though!

It looks like you two had a fun summer, but I don't blame you about looking forward to fall! WOHO for upcoming trips!!!

Thanks! :goodvibes How neat your grandmother came over on a boat! I think you would love Italy, especially with the connection to your family.

Happy Labor Day! I must visit the Atlanta zoo!

I want a Coke now after seeing your pictures but I'm giving up all soft drinks and booze this month.

I have to admit, spending a few hours around nothing but Coke, and then sampling all the different sodas from around the world made me want some water! :lmao: It was like soda overload!

Looks like you've had a fun summer! DH and I have been to the old Coke museum once and the new one once. It is so much fun! :goodvibes

Looks like you've had a fun summer! DH and I have been to the old Coke museum once and the new one once. It is so much fun! :goodvibes

It was a fun summer! :cool1: And a busy one - between starting a new job, my big trip to Italy, and then all of the other little things on the side, it's been action packed!

Looks like you had a fun summer! They used to have a Coke store in New York City that I would go to every year, because I LOVE Coke and they had a vending machine that would give you Coke in glass bottles, which is the best way to drink Coke! It closed a few years ago and we asked people in that building if there were any other stores around and they said we would have to go to Atlanta! :confused3 Maybe someday! :rotfl:

I know what you mean about being ready for fall and for Disney, hurry up already! :banana:

Hi, Courtney! It looks like you had a great summer. The Coke store looks like fun...and I'm really glad you got to try the Beverly! How fun that you guys went to the zoo. DBF and I kept meaning to get to our city's zoo this summer, but it never worked out for us :(

I hope you had a good labor day. It's finally starting to feel like fall in Indiana too...such a nice change!

Looks like you had a great summer! :)

I'm so ready for fall. We've had entirely too many 90+ degree days for my liking. I only like those days when I can lay at the beach/pool and hop into the water frequently to cool off! Otherwise-YUCK!

We went to the zoo this summer, too! :)

Looks like you had a fun summer! They used to have a Coke store in New York City that I would go to every year, because I LOVE Coke and they had a vending machine that would give you Coke in glass bottles, which is the best way to drink Coke! It closed a few years ago and we asked people in that building if there were any other stores around and they said we would have to go to Atlanta! :confused3 Maybe someday! :rotfl:

I know what you mean about being ready for fall and for Disney, hurry up already! :banana:

One of the things on display at the WOC was a comparison of all the different coke bottles throughout the years. It was very interesting! :thumbsup2 If you ever come to Atlanta you should definitely check it out!

Hi, Courtney! It looks like you had a great summer. The Coke store looks like fun...and I'm really glad you got to try the Beverly! How fun that you guys went to the zoo. DBF and I kept meaning to get to our city's zoo this summer, but it never worked out for us :(

I hope you had a good labor day. It's finally starting to feel like fall in Indiana too...such a nice change!

We had a great summer! It's hard to believe it's already over!

When I saw the Beverly at the WOC I knew I had to try it! I only wish I had gotten a picture of FI trying it! :lmao:

Looks like you had a great summer! :)

I'm so ready for fall. We've had entirely too many 90+ degree days for my liking. I only like those days when I can lay at the beach/pool and hop into the water frequently to cool off! Otherwise-YUCK!

We went to the zoo this summer, too! :)

It was a fun summer, but I'm definitely ready for fall too! We've got lots of exciting things coming up! It has been soooo hot here in Atlanta, too!
:headache:

yeah DH started one without me knowing it. I happened upon it one day.... lol SURPRISE to me! haha :)

WEDDING DETAILS - PART TWO

It’s been awhile since I did my last wedding update where I talked about our venue, cake, and the inspiration for my flowers. Since then, it’s been full force ahead with the wedding planning!

I met with a florist back in July and shared my ideas with her and the pictures that I posted here and she was able to take my thoughts and build them into a beautiful vision! Not only did this florist’s ideas match mine exactly, but her quote came in way under what I had budgeted for! Here’s her description of some of the flowers that we will have for our wedding:

Bride's Bouquet
Bouquet of cream hydrangeas, cream peonies, pink peonies, pale pink
Roses, and cream freesia wrapped with ivory satin ribbon and a gold
Sheer overlay

Bridesmaids’ Bouquets
2 bouquets of cream hydrangeas, cream roses, pale pink roses, and green
Hypericum berries wrapped with ivory satin ribbon.

Aisle Markers
A small nosegay of green hydrangeas, white roses and pale pink roses to be
Wrapped with ivory ribbon to be tied to the gold chairs during the ceremony.

Reception High Arrangements
7 arrangements of glass cylinder vases filled with water and clear and gold
Crystals topped with round arrangements of green hydrangeas, cream
Hydrangeas, pink roses, cream roses and green hypericum berries.

Another vendor that we have now reserved is the photographer. I am so happy with the photographer that we chose. Her work is absolutely stunning and she’s very familiar with our venue, so she will know just how to capture the perfect angles, get the correct lighting, etc. She and her assistant will be with us for about 10 hours on the day of the wedding.

Last week, I also met with a Day of Coordinator. While I didn’t think that I needed a full-time planner, I knew that I at least wanted someone who could be there the day of the wedding to make sure everything ran smoothly, especially with our room flip between the ceremony and reception. She actually calls her service a month of coordination because she starts about 6 weeks before the event. She will do things like create a detailed timeline, confirm with vendors and make sure they are all aware of where the need to be and when, lead the rehearsal, take care of any last minute wedding prep, of course coordinate the actual day (setup, execution, the flip), clean up at the end of the night and even load our cars! I was so impressed with all that she would do for us, so I booked her immediately!

I feel like things are really coming together! Next up will be contacting a DJ and of course…dress shopping! I’ve got appointments at two store on October 2 and 9! :yay:

I think our day of coordinator was one of the smartest decisions we made about the wedding. To me it was very important that on our wedding day, my parents, husband and myself didn't have to worry about any little details/problems that came up. She was able to answer all our vendors questions for us and take care of setting up everything.

I can't wait to see pictures of the dresses you try on! Have you done any research online to figure out what styles/designers you like?

I think our day of coordinator was one of the smartest decisions we made about the wedding. To me it was very important that on our wedding day, my parents, husband and myself didn't have to worry about any little details/problems that came up. She was able to answer all our vendors questions for us and take care of setting up everything.

I can't wait to see pictures of the dresses you try on! Have you done any research online to figure out what styles/designers you like?

Just knowing that we have a DOC has already made me less stressed! I tend to get stressed out very easily, and I knew I didn't want that on the day of the wedding!

I'm still a little all over the place with dresses. I've got style narrowed down to modified mermaid, ballgown (although not over the top poufy) and A-line. I know I definitely like rouching, crystals, and lace. We'll see how we can pull all of that together! :lmao:

wow the plans sound great!!

Florist is next on our to-do list, I have quite limited knowledge of flowers so I'm excited to go to the shop & see all the different options for bouqets & centre pieces! :cloud9:

Enjoy your dress shopping! I was surprised how much I liked it lol - going for a second look on October 16th .. try narrow down the search! :bride:

Emma princess: x

ps - 40 weeks today!!

wow the plans sound great!!

Florist is next on our to-do list, I have quite limited knowledge of flowers so I'm excited to go to the shop & see all the different options for bouqets & centre pieces! :cloud9:

Enjoy your dress shopping! I was surprised how much I liked it lol - going for a second look on October 16th .. try narrow down the search! :bride:

Emma princess: x

ps - 40 weeks today!!

Thanks Emma! :goodvibes I can't believe we're down to 40 weeks! I finally feel like the wedding isn't so far off - it's becoming more realistic every day.

I feel like I'm finally getting excited about dress shopping. At first I was kind of stressed over it. I think you mentioned in your post about dress shopping that you couldn't really imagine yourself as a bride yet? That's how I feel. I'm kind of nervous to see myself and my family's reaction! :laughing:

Thanks Emma! :goodvibes I can't believe we're down to 40 weeks! I finally feel like the wedding isn't so far off - it's becoming more realistic every day.

I feel like I'm finally getting excited about dress shopping. At first I was kind of stressed over it. I think you mentioned in your post about dress shopping that you couldn't really imagine yourself as a bride yet? That's how I feel. I'm kind of nervous to see myself and my family's reaction! :laughing:

Yup it was a lot like that... :goodvibes
In the first dress shop we went to, I'd put on a dress & was looking down in the mirror at the details on it, then looked up and was like "oh wait ... that's me in a wedding dress!" :rotfl:

Who is going to go with you to the shops?

Emma princess:

Yup it was a lot like that... :goodvibes
In the first dress shop we went to, I'd put on a dress & was looking down in the mirror at the details on it, then looked up and was like "oh wait ... that's me in a wedding dress!" :rotfl:

Who is going to go with you to the shops?

Emma princess:

:laughing: I will probably have the same reaction!

I'm actually splitting up my "viewing" group into two parts because I didn't want so many people each time. The first weekend I'm calling my preliminary shopping (just looking) and it will be my grandmother, my best friend and MOH, and my cousin (who's also my MOH - I'm having two!)

The next weekend is when I'm planning on buying and that will be my grandmother again (she's buying the dress), my parents, and possibly my other grandmother.

It sounds like the wedding planning is coming along pretty well! What a great idea to hire a day of coordinator. That will be so much less stress on you knowing that someone is there to take care of things.

The flowers all sound beautiful. I can't wait to see pics of how it all comes together!

Dress shopping sounds so fun! Do you have any specifics you are trying to find?

snap... I'm having two MoH too! :cutie: my younger sister (one I went to WDW with last December lol) and my cousin - we're really similar in age & have always been best friends, I was her MoH earlier this year lol.

That sounds good to split the groups up.. I went with my Mum & sister last time, and it'll be with my cousin next month :goodvibes .. I think she was a little disappointed I didn't ask her to come along for the initial viewing, but she does live over 200 miles away and I kinda didn't want too many people there?! .. Most of the shops are quite small too!
It'll be nice to take her second time around, I think I have more idea about what I want now hehe.

x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter