Planning Our Happily Ever After - A Disneymoon PTR! (NEW 7/13 - TR Link!)

I think it's worth a shot to get an ADR - you can always keep the current Chef's ADR until you have a meal at La Hacienda confirmed.

I totally agree! For no other reason than I want to eat at La Hacienda our next trip and I'd love to get a review from you ;-) The new menu for both the TS AND the CS looks sooooo yummy!

I would definitely try for the La Hacienda ADR! If I've learned anything about booking ADRs it's that unless you are completely happy with the choice you make from the beginning you shouldn't keep it! I always end up questioning a few of my choices, and they eat away at me until I fix them! :)

Courtney-I've been gone for far too long!

Your pictures from Italy are absolutely beautiful! :goodvibes What a wonderful, trip of a lifetime you had.

Wedding plans are coming right along. Everything sounds beautiful.

I second everyone's opinion. Try to get an ADR for the new place in Mexico. Then let us know all about it! ;)

Try La Hacienda! It looked so cool when we were there last week. And I thought it looked very close to being open- turns out I was right!

If you do go, be sure to let us know what you think!

I think it's worth a shot to get an ADR - you can always keep the current Chef's ADR until you have a meal at La Hacienda confirmed.

Very true - it seems like a win-win, right? :thumbsup2

I say try to get an ADR, and if you can, then go that route. It is fun to try brand new things! And like arbolita said, you can always hang on to the Chefs reservation until you have the new one made.

I think La Hacienda looks really nice. I'm jealous we probably won't get to try it until 2012 :)

I think it would be really neat to eat at a new Disney restaurant just months after it opens! That's what I love about Disney - no matter how many times you go there's always something new to experience. :goodvibes

Yes, you should try to get an ADR at La Hacienda. Good luck!

Here's hoping I can get one! :wizard:

I totally agree! For no other reason than I want to eat at La Hacienda our next trip and I'd love to get a review from you ;-) The new menu for both the TS AND the CS looks sooooo yummy!

:laughing: I like your reasoning! I'm excited to read some reviews myself! I really hope the news is good!

I would definitely try for the La Hacienda ADR! If I've learned anything about booking ADRs it's that unless you are completely happy with the choice you make from the beginning you shouldn't keep it! I always end up questioning a few of my choices, and they eat away at me until I fix them! :)

There's just something nagging me about that Chefs ADR. As much as I want to try the restaurant, I'm just not excited about it for this trip. :confused3 I really want our final meal to be something special!

Courtney-I've been gone for far too long!

Your pictures from Italy are absolutely beautiful! :goodvibes What a wonderful, trip of a lifetime you had.

Wedding plans are coming right along. Everything sounds beautiful.

I second everyone's opinion. Try to get an ADR for the new place in Mexico. Then let us know all about it! ;)

Hey Michelle! I've missed you - glad to see you back! :goodvibes Thanks for all your sweet comments - the wedding plans are progressing really nicely and I've got two more Italy updates to go!

:laughing: I would love to be able to educate my readers on La Hacienda! Hopefully I'll be able to get an ADR when they open!

Try La Hacienda! It looked so cool when we were there last week. And I thought it looked very close to being open- turns out I was right!

If you do go, be sure to let us know what you think!

That's so funny - Miguel and I saw the very beginnings of construction of La Hacienda. At the beginning of our January trip the CS was still open, and when we returned later in the week - gone! How neat you got to see it right before it opened!

HI!!!! :goodvibes I would make an ADR at LH! Save Chefs (which will be more romantic) for your honeymoon :goodvibes

LH looks really, really good! I hear that the windows are large and curved and each table (even in the back) has great Illuminations views. They are also suppose to have the music playing. Good luck with the ADRS, can't wait to see what you pick!

I would definitely try to get an ADR at La Hacienda, it looks great! :cool1: And if you can't, at least you will still have your Chef's ADR to fall back on, but I'm sure you will be able to get something at LH! :banana: I've been wondering if I should try to get an ADR at the new restaurant in Italy, but I don't know where I'd fit it in!

HI!!!! :goodvibes I would make an ADR at LH! Save Chefs (which will be more romantic) for your honeymoon :goodvibes

LH looks really, really good! I hear that the windows are large and curved and each table (even in the back) has great Illuminations views. They are also suppose to have the music playing. Good luck with the ADRS, can't wait to see what you pick!

Hey Katie! :goodvibes I agree that Chefs would be a nice romantic lunch place! Everything I see about La Hacienda I like! It looks so pretty inside and the menu sounds great. I read it off to Miguel last night and now he really wants to eat there!

I would definitely try to get an ADR at La Hacienda, it looks great! :cool1: And if you can't, at least you will still have your Chef's ADR to fall back on, but I'm sure you will be able to get something at LH! :banana: I've been wondering if I should try to get an ADR at the new restaurant in Italy, but I don't know where I'd fit it in!

All of the Hacienda pictures look so neat. I really like the theming they did there. :thumbsup2 I want to try Via Napoli too! I'm hoping to fit it in on the Dinseymoon - I'd love to try the pizza.

9 MONTHS TO GO!

We’re moving right along in our Disneymoon countdown – today marks only 9 months left to go! For today’s topic, I’d like to focus on food! Here are the top 9 things that we’re looking forward to eating on our Disneymoon!

1. Napoleon
735e82c9.jpg

I am still drooling over the Napoleon we had from France in Epcot last January. This thing was amazing. It was also really nice to take a break and sit down in the cute French pavilion for a while. I definitely would like to recreate that memory!

2. O’Hana
17a08057.jpg

I’m excited about all of the food at O’hana! Ok, except for the brocolli. I have craved O’Hana’s food since January and we can’t wait to go back!

3. Dole Whip
b16260b5.jpg

Photo from chip and co.

Neither Miguel nor I have ever had a dole whip! Staying at the Poly is definitely going to fix that, though! I’m excited to try out all of the varieties! What is your favorite?

4. Puffed French Toast
c6215223.jpg

Photo from disney food blog.

We won’t get to try any of this famous stuff on our November trip since we’re only stopping in for lunch, but I’m making it a point to make a breakfast ADR at CP for the disneymoon!

5. Mickey Waffles
b2a859ef.jpg

Such a classic! We’ll be eating these at lots of breakfast locations, I’m sure!

6. Mickey Head Ice Cream Bar
1ce0a96c.jpg

It was too cold to eat one of these in January! And, sadly, I don’t think Miguel has ever tried one! We must fix that soon! It doesn’t get more classic than this treat.

7. Popcorn
d064dfb7.jpg

Disneyworld popcorn smells so good, doesn’t it? I think it’s the perfect parade-time treat!

8. Funnel Cake
0c521e29.jpg

Photo from chip and co.

I want to stop for one of these at the American pavilion in Epcot. Anytime I see a picture they look so amazing – especially if they have a big slab of ice cream on top! I think this would be a great treat to share while watching Illuminations!

9. Turkey Leg
13b71767.jpg

I know some people don’t like these, but I happen to enjoy them! Plus, it’s a lot of fun to walk around with a giant turkey leg! I seem to only think about them when I’m at the Animal Kingdom.

There’s of course a lot more goodies that we’re looking forward to trying – be it for the first time or again. What are your favorite Disney treats? Is there anything I need to add to my must-eat list?

Yum! Love your food list!

I had a cinnamon roll from the Main Street Bakery this trip for the first time and it was amazing! I also fell in love with the Anchors Aweigh sandwich at Columbia Harbour House (this only works if you like tuna).
So those are my suggestions :)

HELLOOOOO all of my favorite foods (minus the turkey leg ;))

I wanted to come and let you know that I read on twitter that La Hacienda might not be as good as it was reviewed. The Disney Food Blog (which I LOVE and trust so far) says bad reviews coming from previewers. He/She is going to check it out this week and will write a post. Do you read the food blog?

I would book the LH just to get the seat, but keep your Chefs too until you are sure!! HTH :hug:

You have me craving an O'Hana, and I'm trying to lose my last few pounds! I love all of your items, except the turkey leg.

Oh my gosh... I was almost drooling after reading that post! Everything looks so good. I had never had a dole whip before our last trip, and like you said, staying at the Poly definitely changes that. I started saving my snack credits for dole whips :) My favorite is the pineapple/vanilla swirl :thumbsup2

Have you ever had one of the cinnamon buns from the Main Street Bakery? They seem to be a huge favorite of people, and I'm hoping to try one this year. I also love Disney's rice krispie treats. I don't know what it is about them, but they just taste better at Disney than anywhere else.

Great food choices!! O'hana's bread pudding is my favorite WDW dessert! My favorite Dole Whip is the classic pineapple-- no float, just the ice cream. Simple and yummy!

Oohhh, many of the things you are looking forward to eating I am too! I :love: the bakery in France. I even have a framed picture of the sign in black and white in my kitchen. :lmao: Seriously, DH and I were in heaven while eating those delicious treats. :cloud9: I'm not joking when I say that we are probably going to buy pastries to take home with us. Seriously.

I can't wait to try Ohana. We aren't eating there until the last night of our trip but I thought it would be a great ending to a great trip! Now that I think about it, it might be depressing. :laughing:

Dole whips are amazing! I was hesitant to get the pineapple flavored one the first time but DH got it and I loooooooved it.

It's funny that you say you think of turkey legs in Animal Kingdom. I think of Mickey bars in Hollywood Studios. Weird...

I've NEVER had a Mickey Waffle. :sad2: That will CHANGE this trip! I've also never had puffed french toast but words cannot describe how much I am looking forward to it!!!!

Let's see what else do I love???

Boma breakfast! Their red breakfast potatoes, banana bread, and jungle juice are just amazing. I forget, did you eat there when you stayed at AKL in Jan.?

1900 Park Fare breakfast. Their bacon is the best we've had on property. The pecan rolls are melt in your mouth amazing and the strawberry soup is delicious.

Wow, Courtney, you got me excited for foooooood in Disney. We leave in 13 days!!! :)

Yum! Love your food list!

I had a cinnamon roll from the Main Street Bakery this trip for the first time and it was amazing! I also fell in love with the Anchors Aweigh sandwich at Columbia Harbour House (this only works if you like tuna).
So those are my suggestions :)

I need to try a cinnamon roll! I love cinnamon rolls. :cloud9: I've heard the one's at MSB are wonderful. And, I love tuna too - I should try the anchors aweigh. I've heard great things about it too. Although, doesn't it have hummus? That's one food I can't handle. :sick:

HELLOOOOO all of my favorite foods (minus the turkey leg ;))

I wanted to come and let you know that I read on twitter that La Hacienda might not be as good as it was reviewed. The Disney Food Blog (which I LOVE and trust so far) says bad reviews coming from previewers. He/She is going to check it out this week and will write a post. Do you read the food blog?

I would book the LH just to get the seat, but keep your Chefs too until you are sure!! HTH :hug:

Oh no! I hate to hear some bad reviews are coming out of La Hacienda - although I can't say I'm too surprised. Looking over the menu its seems very authentic. I saw lots of cactus leaves, for one thing. Miguel loves those. I'm just not sure if the general population will like that kind of mexican food, you know? :guilty: It will be perfect for Miguel, though! I check out that blog every once in a while - I'll be looking for that review! :goodvibes

You have me craving an O'Hana, and I'm trying to lose my last few pounds! I love all of your items, except the turkey leg.

:laughing: I'm dieting, too and thinking about all of those yummy treats isn't helping!

Oh my gosh... I was almost drooling after reading that post! Everything looks so good. I had never had a dole whip before our last trip, and like you said, staying at the Poly definitely changes that. I started saving my snack credits for dole whips :) My favorite is the pineapple/vanilla swirl :thumbsup2

I'm drooling too! :lmao: I can't wait to take advantage of all the dole whips at the Poly. I'll remember to try the pineapple/vanilla combo! :thumbsup2

Have you ever had one of the cinnamon buns from the Main Street Bakery? They seem to be a huge favorite of people, and I'm hoping to try one this year. I also love Disney's rice krispie treats. I don't know what it is about them, but they just taste better at Disney than anywhere else.

I've never had one of the cinnamon buns, but I definitely need to try one! I love stopping at the MSB for a quick breakfast. It gets me so excited for a day at the MK. :cloud9:

Great food choices!! O'hana's bread pudding is my favorite WDW dessert! My favorite Dole Whip is the classic pineapple-- no float, just the ice cream. Simple and yummy!

I can not wait to eat the bread pudding again! I'm so glad we have an ADR for O'Hana in November and I don't have to wait until June! :lmao: I'll add the classic pineapple to me dole whip's to try list!

Oohhh, many of the things you are looking forward to eating I am too! I :love: the bakery in France. I even have a framed picture of the sign in black and white in my kitchen. :lmao: Seriously, DH and I were in heaven while eating those delicious treats. :cloud9: I'm not joking when I say that we are probably going to buy pastries to take home with us. Seriously.

I can't wait to try Ohana. We aren't eating there until the last night of our trip but I thought it would be a great ending to a great trip! Now that I think about it, it might be depressing. :laughing:

Dole whips are amazing! I was hesitant to get the pineapple flavored one the first time but DH got it and I loooooooved it.

It's funny that you say you think of turkey legs in Animal Kingdom. I think of Mickey bars in Hollywood Studios. Weird...

I've NEVER had a Mickey Waffle. :sad2: That will CHANGE this trip! I've also never had puffed french toast but words cannot describe how much I am looking forward to it!!!!

Let's see what else do I love???

Boma breakfast! Their red breakfast potatoes, banana bread, and jungle juice are just amazing. I forget, did you eat there when you stayed at AKL in Jan.?

1900 Park Fare breakfast. Their bacon is the best we've had on property. The pecan rolls are melt in your mouth amazing and the strawberry soup is delicious.

Wow, Courtney, you got me excited for foooooood in Disney. We leave in 13 days!!! :)

I'm glad I could get you excited for some Disney food! I'm so jealous you're going to be getting to eat all that yummy stuff in just 13 days!

I'm definitely planning on getting some pastries from France to go. I want to try more than just the Napoleon this time. I'm thinking we can get them to take back to our room for a light breakfast (or a midnight snack ;))

I planned O'Hana at the end of our January trip for that reason! I like to have a meal I'm really looking forward to at the end of the trip.

We didn't eat at Boma back in January but we are eating there this November! I can't wait to try the breakfast! :woohoo:

I have never had a Dole Whip either! I am excited to try one this time around! My DH does not like pineapple, so we never tried it on our disneymoon. My mother loves pineapple so I am excited to be able to have someone to share it with this trip :goodvibes

Your food list sounds yummy! I have not had many of the things on your list and I know this trip (in 24 days!!!!!) is going to fix all that :)

Looking forward to hearing more about the wedding and disneymoon planning!!!

oh- this past weekend I made some tip envelopes! When I take a pic and put em on my comp I will have to upload them to you here! made them for our mousekeeping. They are so cute! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter