Planning for 2013....who else?

mommy on the move...

We are a family of 5.

So far my plans are to fly down on a Tues or Wed in August (which ever is cheapest). Stay at the Beach Club for a few days, not many, maybe 2 or 3 but it depends on how long we are going for.

We can do the Studios while we are there so we don't have to take a bus. And I'd knock of AK too while I am at it (shorter bus ride..I think).

Then we will move to the Poly & just to MK & Epcot for the remainder. My kids want to eat at the Whispering Canyon Cafe again & I need to hit Chef Mickey's too.

If they still have the QSDP, we will do that too. I am hoping to hit one water park as well.

And I want my kids to go on one of the pirate adventures because my oldest will be 12 at our next visit & I think that is the cut off.

Madmom- will you be doing MNSSHP? I always go back and forth over the idea of an October trip to be able to do that.

Monorailsilver- I've heard good things about the Whispering Canyon cafe but we didn't make it there last time, it's on our "to-do" list for our 2013 trip too!

Madmom- will you be doing MNSSHP? I always go back and forth over the idea of an October trip to be able to do that.!

I don't know about MNSSHP. When we went in October of 2007, we didn't go. That was our first trip and we didn't know a whole lot about it. I will probably leave it up to DDs this trip if they want to go or not. Dh could care less about going MNSSHP.

Monorailsilver- I've heard good things about the Whispering Canyon cafe but we didn't make it there last time, it's on our "to-do" list for our 2013 trip too

We have done Whispering Canyon twice. Once for lunch and once for dinner. They don't do the fun stuff at lunch, so I would go for dinner. Both times we went DH ate so much he was sick. We had a blast at Dinner, they made us yell hello to all the new tables that were seated around us. Hopefully they put the oven baked chicken back on the menu before we go.

WOW ! I'm impressed ! I'm planning for December, 2012... and I thought I was way ahead of the game... but you guys (and gals) make me look like I'm asleep at the wheel ! ! ! :surfweb:
My advice... don't try to "forget" about it - "it ain't goinna' happen !" - so just go with it, stay on top of things, keep reading and learning and be ready for that 499-day-mark when you can "book that return trip !" :wizard:

We have done Whispering Canyon twice. Once for lunch and once for dinner. They don't do the fun stuff at lunch, so I would go for dinner. Both times we went DH ate so much he was sick. We had a blast at Dinner, they made us yell hello to all the new tables that were seated around us. Hopefully they put the oven baked chicken back on the menu before we go.

We went for dinner when we went.

My kids love ketsup & yep, they got lots of it. My oldest participated in the Pony ride. I was fearful because I dropped a fork but I stole one from my kids but the guy next to us had the big fork. And I am a water drinker so I got a pretty good mug of it.

My kids really liked it though. I liked it too for the entertainment factor.

Yippee! :cloud9: After our trip next month, we're going to start planning our trip for June 2013! Our family of 9 (which includes my sister and her family) will be celebrating our oldest daughters' High School graduation.

Looking forward to following this thread with you guys! popcorn::

Whispering Canyon sounds fun, I'll have to check it out along with the new Art of Animation resort. I didn't realize they were planning to have family suites. Yeah!

Mommy-on- the- move: My daughter taught herself to read as well when she was four. She went from not knowing her letters at all (had no interest at all) to reading chapter books in six months. It was really challenging to find appropriate reading material for her for several years. She read the Lord of the Rings trilogy in 7 days when she was 8. There are definitely some fun parts to balance out the challenges.

I'm so torn. I want to go in 2013 but i feel like 2014 will be less crowded and the kinks will all be worked out by then. Plus it's one more year for DD to grow.

Minnie-penny: We're planning May 2013 to double celebrate my son's finishing his school years along with my little ones 4th birthday. Definitely going to be bittersweet. I have promised to bring him to WDW (2013 will be DL) with us after that but told him he'll have to pay for his wife. :flower3:

Count us in!

Seems live FOREVER since our Easter 2010 trip - and even longer to go until our October 2011 trip. But I am already sketching out the June 2012 and Easter 2013 trips! :-)

Who knows what 2014 will bring! :-)

It'll probably be that long until we go again. We went last in Dec 2010, right before my "baby" turned 3. The next time we go we'll be paying for 6 of us, so it will cost a good deal more. I did, however, realize that we could stay off-site and the only price difference will really be the ticket cost. So maybe.. just maybe I can talk DH into going sooner. :p

We are planning a trip for DD's 5th birthday in 2013. She starts kindergarten that year so it will be a special trip for her. We have not gone on a "big" trip as a family there, just smaller trips, so I am really excited about it. We were also planning to go on the Dream and to WDW this fall but we are going to Hawaii spring 2012 instead.

I'm so torn. I want to go in 2013 but i feel like 2014 will be less crowded and the kinks will all be worked out by then. Plus it's one more year for DD to grow.

I think both 2013 and 2014 will be busy. Hopefully October 2013 wont be as busy. This will be the last time we can go in October, DD starts high school the next year and will have to stay in town for fall sports during fall break.

Oooh. Good point. Now you have me gettin' all wishy-washy ;)

Sorry, :lmao: I did not mean to add to the questioning of when to go.

See that is what KILLS me about Disney. "Now" is always a good time to go but then you start thinking about when the "perfect" time will be. I can't handle the options!!!

I know both years will be crowded but I feel like the major factor is giving DD one more year to grow. Plus we can "celebrate" Kindergarten starting.

Sorry, :lmao: I did not mean to add to the questioning of when to go.

See that is what KILLS me about Disney. "Now" is always a good time to go but then you start thinking about when the "perfect" time will be. I can't handle the options!!!

Just have to figure out what is the "perfect" time for your family.:thumbsup2

I think both 2013 and 2014 will be busy. Hopefully October 2013 wont be as busy. This will be the last time we can go in October, DD starts high school the next year and will have to stay in town for fall sports during fall break.

I think I enjoy summers more at Disney. Though this year is the first time I'll be going in the Fall so my opinion may change. :rotfl2: I like the crowds and the heat. I know, I'm weird.

We JUST got back and we're planning on a Fall 2013 trip! We're hoping for October when the kids are off school for 3 days (then we'll only have to pull them out for 2-3 days!).

Yes, but I still want to go at least one more time before then. I want to go once everything is done in MK, but I also want at least one more trip before then.

In 2013, I'll have a couple of major changes to my Disney vacation costs. My son turns 3 and will need a ticket and dining plan of his own plus my daughter turns 10 and will be a Disney ticket/dining plan adult. :scared1:

So, I’m hoping to go in the fall this year (as noted in my signature) but it isn't definite yet. We'll probably do something else/less expensive in 2012 (my daughter wants to see Sea World) and save up for a WDW/DCL vacation in 2013, possibly with my mom along.

Not actively planning just thinking about what we want to do. For a few reasons, I have a hard time planning past a certain amount of time.

Definitely going in summer 2013 with a trip to Disneyland in summer 2012. Plus our 40th anniversary trip December 2014 which we are celebrating at WDW. Love planning Disney Vacations!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter