• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Planning for 2013....who else?

Me, me, me!!!! We are waiting until DD is almost 3 so we are going in October of 2013 or sometime early 2014!!!

I am going to start saving money after we go to the beach this summer, we stayed at Pop last trip but next trip I want to stay at a monorail resort!

I have a trip coming up in june but am allready planning my 2013 trip :lmao: Im thinking of doing a split stay at AOA and the refurbed port orleans riverside "royal" rooms for 10 days (this will be my longest trip ever) of course I'm also looking towards a 2015 trip with my parents, then after that we'll start vacationing other places for a few years, maybe. Its scary going someplace new when its just me and dd!!

This is so fun !!! We have our own "We're Going to Disney World.... In 2 years" thread !! I love it !!! :dance3: We can all help each other pass the time !!

Count me in, too! I'm not sure what month in 2013 we will go, but I really want to wait until the Fantasyland expansion is complete.

I have been going to Disney almost every year since I was 5...now I am 40 (took some years off in my early 20's and a couple of years due to pregnancy/newborns). I am trying to hold off going until 2013, but is so difficult. We went twice in 2010 (April & Oct) & decided not to go this year. Next year we will be in Orlando for Harry Potter, SeaWorld, Aquatica and then off to sail on the Disney Dream. I don't think I am strong enough to be in Orlando and not at least go to the Magic Kingdom :)

Any predictions on when the construction will be complete?

we want to be in Aluani in December of 2013, Hopefully in a Grand Villa but at least a 2 bedroom over Christmas break. I don't know who else will be coming but I'm hoping my parents will (hopefully my mother is better by then) and I know it will be me and 3 of my kids at least with 2 of them being teens.

It is good to know I'm not the only person looking so far into the future!

So- what type of group is everyone travelling with? We'll be our family of seven (me, DH and our kids who will be age 16 to 3 by then) my parents- mom will be celebrating her 60th and Dad is in his 60s, my sister, her husband, her son who will be 3 and any babies they have between now and then- they're still a growing family, we're a family who is growing-up no longer growing! ;)

We're aiming to spend 2 weeks theme parking- all the Disney parks, Universal etc and then a 3rd week seeing the keys and also things like the space centre. (with the expense of uk to usa flights it makes financial sense to do 3 weeks)

It will be DH, myself, our 2 girls who will be 5 and 3.5, and maybe another little baby if that works out for us ;) My parents might come, but they are also planning a big trip to Italy that summer, so they don't know yet.

Add me to the 2013 list. We haven't gone since 2008 & I am dying I tell ya, dying to get there.

We did the every 3 year thing a few times & after our 2008 trip as the tears were streaming down my face as I was passing the view of the castle & Poly from the DME bus my dh said to me "four years, we can't come back for 4 years." Which would be next year.

But last year we got flooded with the March storms in the Northeast so we had to rip out our carpet & spend a Disney trip on tile. Did we have to get tile? No but why risk ruining carpet again, right? So I told him a trip could wait until 2013.

We plan on going in August, probably the 2nd week. I am hoping to go for 10-14 days & stay at the BC for a few days & then the remainder at the Poly.

I haven't started to save yet but I sort of have. Between the QR gift cards, Disney Visa points & my dh has some Holiday Inn or Best Western points that can be redeemed for any hotel/anywhere I have at least 2 nights saved. Not much but it is a start.

I am looking forward to a possible 2013 trip as well. We are going this July, staying off site and had planned to work in a Universal day to our trip. Then we factored in the cost of only doing one day at Universal and the fact that the final Harry Potter movie comes out 2 days before our trip and we figured it would be so busy it wouldn't be worth it. So, DH promised me another trip...I also got him to promise that we'd stay on site this time!!! :woohoo: I have never stayed on site and I think it's about time I check it out!!! My kids will be old enough at that point to take advantage of those evening EMH!!

We are a family of 5 so pricing it out seems a bit overwhelming right now. Not sure if I want to get 2 rooms or go for a suite. I think my kids would go ape for a Savannah view at Animal Kingdom. I also think I'd like to be on the monorail...either way, I'd better start saving!!!! :scared1:

We're planning a Disneyland trip for my fourth child's 4th b'day in May 2013. WDW is probably 2-3 years after that. With a family of 7, it's either big bucks or stay offsite. At Disneyland I can get a double room with 4 queen beds, two bathrooms, free breakfast, and just a short walk to the park for $110/night.

Meanwhile, I lurk on these boards and soak up all of your knowledge!,

Pimama we have five as well! For us most of our cost is airfare (from England) so it takes a while to save which has worked out quite well with getting #5 here and giving her a chance to get to toddler/preschooler age before we do WDW again! :)

We are going to be going in 2013 too! I am hoping it will be a good time to go w/ the new Fantasyland expansion :)

Pimama we have five as well! For us most of our cost is airfare (from England) so it takes a while to save which has worked out quite well with getting #5 here and giving her a chance to get to toddler/preschooler age before we do WDW again! :)

Do you have a favorite place to stay? My youngest is 2 months which is another reason I want to wait a couple years. I'd fly with him now but would not want to fly all day with a 1-2 year old. We're across the country in the Seattle area so it would be a long day.

Last time we stayed in joining rooms at all star movies- my Mom & Dad travel with us too so last trip (only had 4 kids then :laughing: ) they had the girls in one room, DH and I had the boys in the other and we had the joining door between rooms. Our upcoming trip we're considering the Art of Animation that's due to open in 2012 as it's supposed to be in the value range and offer more family suites (sleep up to 6 and a pack and play I do believe) We'll be travelling with my parents again so would probably get a regular room and a family suite and split the kids between us again... I'm also looking at some of the villas that can house bigger parties though, ultimately it will come down to cost. Also I like the values because of the fact they have food courts rather than restaurants, I find food courts with varying stations easier for breakfast with several small kids. We stayed a couple of nights in the Yacht Club and the Grand Floridian with my sisters wedding and I actually found I preferred the values for the kids and the fact we're a larger family.

Our last trip our youngest son was 19months old and we flew London to Washington Dulles and then onto Orlando and it wasn't bad as I thought- he slept alot of it, played with his brother and sisters the rest of the time (or ate!) I had been dreading the flight though but it was better than I thought it would be. (our oldest son- who was five then- has ASD and a few other special needs issues too and even he flew great, but then again you could give him a washing machine repair guide to read and he'd stay happy as long as he had pages left!)

We are going to be going in 2013 too! I am hoping it will be a good time to go w/ the new Fantasyland expansion :)

My middle daughter is really excited about new features she keeps reading about! They're going to be a huge hit with her. (although she really isn't into Florida weather- last time she actually claimed her eyeballs were burning :rotfl: )

Ahh...mommy-on-the-move, we have a lot in common. My five kids are in the opposite pattern from you (DS,DD,DS,DD,DS) and two of my children show symptoms of Aspergers. The doctor put in for an evaluation but it will take awhile. She's eleven and since we homeschool I think a lot of the social issues haven't been as bad. I always just thought she was an eclectic genius!?

Even more in common than you realise! We do a mix of homeschooling and public school with our kids- at present I have oldest daughter at home for school however she's chosen a high school for next year as she wants to focus on her practical sciences, at which point oldest son will come home for the rest of his school career, followed by each of his younger siblings as they reach the end of the local primary school.

DS8 has a present diagnosis of "complex communication disorder with severe/significant autistic tendancies" - basically he is too sociable for our paed to sign off on aspergers, he also has dyspraxia (to the extent of his visual motor intergration being below the first centile) dysgraphia (has to use a laptop in school as he has everything in his head but can not get it onto paper) is colour blind (which he tells everyone very keenly, he finds it his talking point :laughing: ) He is also hyperlexic though- taught himself to read from first phonic to reading adult-age books in the space of a few weeks. He's a fascinating little man, definitely makes our life alot more colourful for having him in it!

I'm off to bed now (late here) but will be sure to head back to this thread tomorrow! Night all! :)

2013 is our next WDW vacation. :cool1: It is every 2 years for us except for this year we spent a week on the Magic in March.

We are looking at October during DDs fall break. Hopefully all of Fantasy Land is done then.

Have no idea where we want to stay. I am leaning towards the family suites. DDs will be 11 and 13 and I think we will need the extra bathroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter