Planning Baby's First WDW Trip... Before She's Arrived! * TRIP REPORT LINK 6/27 *

I know I'm going to need the weekend and next week for y'all to help me look over my packing lists and remember the things I am obviously forgetting... SO, I figured I should go ahead and post the plans for our last park day :sad1:.

Our last day, we'll be headed back to MK! :yay: I just have to end with that magical place! I don't care what that crowd calendar says :rotfl:. As usual, breakfast will be in the condo, and we'll head over to make rope drop, which still looks like 9am. Then, here is our list of "must do's" for the day:

Splash Mountain (again!)
Space Mountain
Buzz LightYear's Space Ranger Spin
People Mover
Dumbo
Winnie The Pooh
Mickey's PhilHarmagic
Carrousel
It's A Small World

We'll probably head over to Tomorrowland first, since we'll start in Frontierland first on Monday. We'll either ride or grab FP's for Space Mountain first, then do the same for Buzz. Then, we'll head over into Fantasyland for some fun there! Either I or DH will probably run over to Splash to grab some FP's for later on.

We plan on having a CS lunch in MK this day. After lunch, we'll head back to the condo. While DD is napping, the plan is to pack up as much as we can, since we will probably be headed out right after an early breakfast on Sunday morning. After a (hopefully!) good nap for DD, we will either a) go grab some dinner somewhere in Orlando (on I-Drive) and then head back to MK for the evening (since they have extended the hours til 11pm now!) or b) go directly back to MK and grab a CS dinner there and stay for the evening.

Typically, through the week, we are going to *TRY* to keep DD on a decent schedule, close-ish to her one at home. But, Saturday, we are just going to head back to the park, if she sleeps in her stroller or in her carrier 30 minutes before her regular bedtime, I'm not worried about it. We are just going to try to soak up as much MK as we can, try to catch a parade and some fireworks and then head back to the condo whenever we want or need to.

I told DH that he can go to bed and I'll be on DD duty. He can get some decent sleep and hopefully she'll sleep ok, but since we'll be in the car the next day, she'll sleep then. The poor thing can't be in a car for more than an hour without falling asleep, even if she just woke up from a nap! :angel:

So, that's the plan! We'll see how it goes :rolleyes1

Last day sounds great! It was relatively easy to get DS to stay on his schedule even though he was sick while we were there. Especially with the afternoon break every day. It worked out pretty well. I can share the packing list I used for our trip if you like. I don't remember that I forgot anything while we were there. That list really helped a ton.

Last day sounds great! It was relatively easy to get DS to stay on his schedule even though he was sick while we were there. Especially with the afternoon break every day. It worked out pretty well. I can share the packing list I used for our trip if you like. I don't remember that I forgot anything while we were there. That list really helped a ton.

Thanks! :yay: I'm hoping she'll stay relatively close to her schedule. She really likes to stick close to it, and doesn't like to miss nap time/eating time, so I think the closer we stick to it, the better! My delimma is the Central to Eastern time zone change.... Do I try to adjust her, or just let her stay the same and have her eating/sleeping an hour later(by the clock) than normal? I mean, either way, she'll make the call... If she's hungry/tired she's going to let us know and I'm going to feed her/let her sleep!

I guess we'll just have to play it by ear :confused3

And I'd love to see your list! I'd love to compare it to mine, as I'm sure there are those one or two obvious thing(s) I've left off! :worship:

Thanks! :yay: I'm hoping she'll stay relatively close to her schedule. She really likes to stick close to it, and doesn't like to miss nap time/eating time, so I think the closer we stick to it, the better! My delimma is the Central to Eastern time zone change.... Do I try to adjust her, or just let her stay the same and have her eating/sleeping an hour later(by the clock) than normal? I mean, either way, she'll make the call... If she's hungry/tired she's going to let us know and I'm going to feed her/let her sleep!

I guess we'll just have to play it by ear :confused3

And I'd love to see your list! I'd love to compare it to mine, as I'm sure there are those one or two obvious thing(s) I've left off! :worship:

When we took my DS to Pensacola last year I let him adjust to central time. It was only an hour difference so it wasn't too difficult. I say try to get her to adjust as much as you can and then go with her normal schedule after that. KWIM?

Here's my packing list. Most of it is for DS. Some for DH and I.

Alex

1) Package of night time & day time diapers*
2) Package of travel wipes*
3) Tooth brush*
4) Tooth paste*
5) Three pajamas*
6) Shoes*
7) 10 bibs*
8) Stroller & stroller rain cover*
9) Sippy cups
10) Sun block*
11) Hat*
12) Disposable place mats*
13) Two outfits per day*
14) Vitamins*
15) Shampoo & soap*
16) Pacifiers*
17) Baby tylenol*
18) BabyBanz (sunglasses)*
19) Security blanket*
20) Pack n play*
21) Quilt*
22) Pillow
23) Socks*
24) A few toys
25) iPad & charger
26) Travel Neck Pillow*
27) Baby Spoons *
28) Mickey Ears*
29) Mickey Plush*
30) Butt Paste*
31) Lotion
32) Night Light
33) Benadryl*

Miscelaneous
1) Fruit Cups*
2) Bread & Peanut Butter*
3) Plastic Knives*
4) Cell Phones & Chargers
5) Laptop & Charger
6) Laundry Sacks*
7) Sandwich Bags*
8) Cold Medicine*
9) Tylenol*
10) Pillows
11) Makeup
12) Tooth brush and toothpaste*
13) Hair brush
14) Hair gel
15) Shampoo and conditioner*
16) Razor & shaving cream*
17) Travel Cereal*
18) Cameras & Chargers*
19) External Hard Drive*
20) Vinylmation & Silver Sharpie*
21) Deoderant*
22) Apple Sauce*
23) Bath tub cleaning supplies*
24) Lysol*

Hope that helps some.

AHHHH! So, my mom just called me. Apparently, LS has just received a flood of graduation party invitations for Sunday, you know, the day we leave for Disney. :scared1: Not a problem, she just RSVPs no... Oh wait, she doesn't know about Disney yet and thinks she can go! :guilty:

The original plan was to tell her AT graduation. Two weeks ago, we decided we would tell her the day before, so she would have at least a little longer to pack. Well, as of 10 minutes ago, she'll find out tonight... Over Skype. :eek: Not my favorite idea, but, since they are 3 hours away, that's better than just the phone! :confused3

ANYHOW, now I need y'alls help, and quick! I just quickly finished my little poem tha we are going to read to her. Please tell me it's cute! Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Zip a dee do Dah, zip a dee eh
We're so excited it's almost your graduation day!

When you wish upon a star,
Sometimes you will go pretty far...

For there are lots of lands to see,
Like Tomorrow, Adventure, Frontier, and Fantasy!

At 4am, early and bright
(sorry you won't have slept any on graduation night!)

It's Hi ho, hi ho, and
off to ORLANDO we go!

We'll pack our bags, and head to see
Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy!

On an up note, LS can help me plan for the next week and a half since she'll be done with her exams after tomorrow! I can have fun with her while DH finishes studying and taking part one of his CPA exam! :thumbsup2

Not sure if you've done it already or not but I think that's really cute! I hope it goes over well (which I'm sure it will). Sucks that you have to reveal the surprise early.

I, too, can't wait to hear how the surprise went! Sorry I didn't get a chance to comment before, but I think your poem was really cute!

Not sure if you've done it already or not but I think that's really cute! I hope it goes over well (which I'm sure it will). Sucks that you have to reveal the surprise early.

Can't wait to hear how the surprise announcement went!

I, too, can't wait to hear how the surprise went! Sorry I didn't get a chance to comment before, but I think your poem was really cute!

Thanks y'all!

The surprise went over well! Not what we originally had in mind, but she was surprised and VERY excited!

I called my mom's house and talked to my mom and asked if she and my little sister would get on Skype to show me some dresses that they have that I might be able to borrow for my upcoming high school reunion. (Mom knew what I was up to, so she got LS up on the computer quickly!)

We looked at dresses for a few minutes and then I asked if she wanted to see my DD before she went to bed, so I had DH bring Hannah into the room. Then, I told her that we had just gotten her graduation gift and we wanted to go ahead and let her know about it.

As soon as I said "Zip a dee do Dah, Zip a dee eh", her hands shot to her mouth and she started jumping up and down. Apparently she knows me too well! :rotfl: we read her the rest of the poem, and additional squeals and jumping ensued. :goodvibes Needless to say, LS is very excited and she called me as soon as she got through with her last final exam today to start going over plans! :thumbsup2

Hi, I know I'm really late, since your trip is in ONE WEEK but I just read your whole PTR and your plans for your trip sound great! And your DD is so adorable! :cutie: So I'm joining in for the rest of your PTR, even though it's almost over, and will definitely be reading your TR if you write one! :cool1:

What a beautiful daughter you have!
Glad telling your sister went so well - I know you will all have a great time! Enjoy, can't wait to read more!

Hi, I know I'm really late, since your trip is in ONE WEEK but I just read your whole PTR and your plans for your trip sound great! And your DD is so adorable! :cutie: So I'm joining in for the rest of your PTR, even though it's almost over, and will definitely be reading your TR if you write one! :cool1:

Thank you and it's never too late! :rotfl2: I definitely plan to do a TR when we get back (even though I don't want to think about that :sad1:) It's totally crunch time for finishing up my PTR and PACKING! YAY! :banana: This time next week, we'll be in the MK! :dance3:

What a beautiful daughter you have!
Glad telling your sister went so well - I know you will all have a great time! Enjoy, can't wait to read more!

Thank you! It did go well, telling LS! I can't wait to get everything pack and get on the road! Yay! :yay:

Happy Memorial Day Y'all! I hope you have all had a great day (and hopefully everyone had the day off!) we didn't really do anything, since DH will be sitting for the first section of his CPA exam tomorrow :eek: (Prayers please!)

Unfortunately, I have to write about our final day now... Boo! :sad1: Honestly, there isn't much too it. With a 14 hour drive, in one day, with a 9 month old, it's get up early, drive a lot, make a lot of unscheduled stops when meltdowns occur, and pray for the best! :rotfl:

We are planning on having most everything packed up and ready to go the night before (at least as much as possible). Sunday morning, we'll get up early (but let DD sleep if she can/wants... We need the best mood possible!) have breakfast, and load up the truck. As soon as DD wakes up, we'll feed/change her and let DH get her pack-n-play packed up and in the back of the truck too. Then, we hit the road! Hopefully by 7-7:30... But we'll see.

The only scheduled stop will be Clanton, AL. I can't drive through without stopping at the Peach Park and getting some peach ice cream and a huge basket of peaches! If it happens to be eating time, BBQ will be consumed too.

Besides that, I'll just encourage DH to drive as fast as safely possible to get back to West TN. (we'll be headed back to our house, and then DD, LS and I will go back to Nashville the next week to take LS back home.)

It's going to be a loooong ride home (and a long night once we get home, because late nights in the car usually don't end in good sleeping nights for DD), but it I'll be worth it. Because we will have just been to Disney! :thumbsup2

Can't believe you're only 5 days away!! I hope your DH does well on the CPA exam and can celebrate at Disney! Can't wait to hear all about the trip!

Can't believe you're only 5 days away!! I hope your DH does well on the CPA exam and can celebrate at Disney! Can't wait to hear all about the trip!

I know! :banana: We are SO close! And really, it's even closer, since we'll be leaving our house for Nashville on Friday! I feel like vacation really begins Friday at noon!

Our bags are about 60-70% packed! Just have to do the last minute laundry. DH finished up his exam this afternoon (and feels like he did well!) It's almost go time... Woo hoo! :dance3:

Your DD is so adorable!!! Glad your sister loved the surprise!

I really hope you read this before you leave. We have taken our DD once to MK for the day when she was almost 1 and for a 6 day trip in September when she was 16 months. Loved every minute esp the first time DD met Mickey! There are some times in my TR in my siggie if you have a minute.

We did rider swap on the second trip and it was super easy you just go up with everyone and state you want to do the rider swap they give you a ticket, the first party goes then when they are done you go through the fastpass line for the second group.

We also did TSM with DD, I had DH hold her on his lap because he has easier time keeping her still and from being tossed about... she loved the sights and sounds of the ride.

Hope you guys have a magical time!!!!! :goodvibes

Your trip is almost here! :cool1:

Ahhh! :banana: I know! Since we are leaving for my mom's house for my sister's graduation/my high school reunion on Friday, it's only 2 sleeps until vacation! :dance3:

Your DD is so adorable!!! Glad your sister loved the surprise!

I really hope you read this before you leave. We have taken our DD once to MK for the day when she was almost 1 and for a 6 day trip in September when she was 16 months. Loved every minute esp the first time DD met Mickey! There are some times in my TR in my siggie if you have a minute.

We did rider swap on the second trip and it was super easy you just go up with everyone and state you want to do the rider swap they give you a ticket, the first party goes then when they are done you go through the fastpass line for the second group.

We also did TSM with DD, I had DH hold her on his lap because he has easier time keeping her still and from being tossed about... she loved the sights and sounds of the ride.

Hope you guys have a magical time!!!!! :goodvibes

Thank you so much! :love: And thanks for the tips! I have been a little apprehensive about rider swap, but I'm glad to hear it went so smoothly for y'all! And that your DD did well on TSM!

I've gotten pretty caught up on my packing, so I'm hoping that I can catch up on TRs and PTRs tomorrow during naptime! And I'll add the one you did in to the mix, because I think you'll have some good tips! :yay:

The truck is all packed (except for DD's blankie and noise maker, which is currently being used for nap time!) and we're ready to go! Well, almost. I guess I should wait for DH to get off work! :rotfl2: He is working a half day, then we are off to Nashville for my 10 year reunion and LS's graduation!

Right now, I'm very impaitiently awaiting the FedEx guy. My contacts are supposed to come today. It says they are out for delivery. I need the, here before 2pm. :eek: It says they should be here by 4:30, but I'm hoping the delivery gods are shining upon me, because we HAVE to leave by 2. And my last pair of contacts ripped the other day! :mad: If they get here, I will never have been so happy to live so close to the international FedEx headquarters/hub! Otherwise, I'm stuck wearing my glasses the whole time at Disney! BOO!

(By the way, I ordered these two weeks ago, and they should have already been here. I also should not have needed them at all, because I just put my last new pair of contacts in 2 weeks ago and they are supposed to last a month!)

/end contact rant

So excited to get this vacation started! I may update a little over the weekend about LS's graduation/getting her ready to go, but I don't know how much time I'll have. We have a lot going on!

If not, I'll see you all when we get back and I start, what I hope is, a GREAT, trip report! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter