Planning Baby's First WDW Trip... Before She's Arrived! * TRIP REPORT LINK 6/27 *

Just a quick note to say......

ONE MONTH 'TIL DISNEY!

:jumping1:party::jumping1:

Not that I'm excited or anything. :rotfl: Now, back to your regularly scheduled Thursday morning! (And hopefully an update on our "rest" day sometime today!

YAY for one month! Know what that means? Tomorrow, your ticker will be counting down in weeks/days! :)

You ever have those as when you are just down, and you don't really have a reason why, but you are? Well, that's me today. I'm in a funk and I sure don't like it. :mad: I'm hoping that updating here will lift my spirits a bit.

Thursday is going to be our "Rest Day". When I say that, I mean, we aren't going to a park. The plan is to sleep in (well, DH and LS will sleep in... I'm sure I'll be up like normal with DD, but hopefully I can catch a nap later!) that morning. We are leaving things pretty open for the morning/afternoon. We may head over to DTD or over to Winter Summerland (our favorite!) for some mini-golf! We'll be back to the condo for lunch and to let DD get a good nap.

At 5:15, we have Dinner ADRs at Kona Cafe! I'm so excited about this one! I've wanted to eat here for a long time! :banana:

After dinner, we will probably explore the Poly a bit and then hop on the monorail and go over to the Grand Floridian. I love it there. LS and I stayed there with our parents when I was 16 and she was 6. Still one of my favorite trips.

I doubt DD will be up for hanging around long enough to see the Electrical Water Parade or Wishes, so we'll probably head back offsite and all head to bed early, as we have a before park opening ADR the next morning at AK! :woohoo:

Now... Little one pictures! (Y'all didn't think I would post an update without pictures, did you? :lmao:

DD checking out her pool this weekend. And trying out her Tinkerbell hat!
d70ea9ed.jpg

Mommy couldn't resist is hat at the store the other day! I think she's rockin' it! (I justified it by the fact that it's FL, and she NEEDS a lot of hats...)
a2be93a6.jpg

The Minnie Mouse dress I made for DD! There may or may mot be matching shirts for me and LS (yes, there are:thumbsup2). Pretty sure DH is going to have a Mickey one too, if I can get a tshirt for him before we go!
8298d19b.jpg

Hope y'all are having a great week! And, if I don't get to wish it individually, Happy Mother's Day to all of you mommas! It's a special one for me, being my first Mother's day (well, with her outside my belly) AND our 6th wedding anniversary!

She is totally rocking the hats! So cute :cutie:

I have heard so many good things about Kona. Will have to definitely give that place a try sometime.

Happy Mothers Day and Happy Anniversary to you!

She is just the cutest little booger EVER! :lovestruc

The hats are DARLING on her. I am especially fond of the Belle hat. :thumbsup2

Hope you had an awesome first Mother's Day, and Anniversary! I hope you were spoiled rotten on your day, and got lots of snuggle time with that little cutie patootie!

On a side note-I can't believe your trip is getting so close! :yay::yay::yay:

Joining in!! My DD will be the same age as yours on our trip in October, so I can't wait to hear how your trip goes. You haven't mentioned (or maybe I missed it) if you're nursing, but either way, what's your plan for park-feeding your DD? How about other foods? We haven't started solids yet (will around 6 months) so that's all foreign to me, and she'll still be nursing so IDK how we'll handle feeding her. Not sure if she'll eat solids for a meal? Or is that just as a snack? (I'm totally clueless here).

We have a Beco Butterfly 2, which I bought specifically for the disney trip way back when I was preggo. I got it on ebay for maybe $80, much less than amazon. I love it! Haven't used it for back-carrying yet, but DD loves being it it. BUT i wish she could face forward in it. Because of that, I would actually suggest getting something else, maybe the Gemini? IDK. I never liked the looks of the Ergo, but might consider that too. But be sure to look at ebay/consignment shops/craigslist for stuff like that.

Where did you get this outfit?? I love it!

So, question for ya on your DD & her schedule!! My lo is just 3.5 months old right now. She eats about every 2.5-3 hours, and naps for about 30 min-45 min after she's been awake for 2 hours or so. Did your DD have this schedule when she was younger, and now takes the morning & afternoon naps?

How is she in pools? I noticed she is sitting up in her little pool - my DD is not sitting or anything yet, but it'll be nice when she can (I think that happens around 5-6 months?). As you might be able to tell :rotfl: I'm pretty clueless about babies. Love my LO though! :lovestruc

Anyway looking forward to hearing more, and can't wait to hear how the trip goes! And how the surprise goes for your little sister - that is so awesome!! Also, we'll be staying offsite for part of our trip, so I am interested to see how that is, too. :goodvibes

Joining in!! My DD will be the same age as yours on our trip in October [...] How about other foods? We haven't started solids yet (will around 6 months) so that's all foreign to me, and she'll still be nursing so IDK how we'll handle feeding her. Not sure if she'll eat solids for a meal? Or is that just as a snack?

So, question for ya on your DD & her schedule!! My lo is just 3.5 months old right now. She eats about every 2.5-3 hours, and naps for about 30 min-45 min after she's been awake for 2 hours or so. Did your DD have this schedule when she was younger, and now takes the morning & afternoon naps?

How is she in pools? I noticed she is sitting up in her little pool - my DD is not sitting or anything yet, but it'll be nice when she can (I think that happens around 5-6 months?).

I am sneaking into this thread a little (hope I'm not butting in!). My DS is going to be 8 months on our trip (in a month!) Right now he's almost 7 months and here's what he's up to: He can sit up independently for a long time if interested in a toy in front of him, but is still a bit wobbly. He eats 5 bottles a day, plus breakfast (cereal/fruit puree), lunch (meat/veg combo) and dinner (meat, veg, and fruit). He also naps usually twice - one morning, one afternoon. He used to be like yours, eating every 3 hours, napping after being awake for 2 hours. Now it seems like he has his first nap 2-3 hours after waking (about 1.5-2 hours long) and then naps again 3-4 hours later (1-1.5 hours long).

Hope this helps a little while you wait for replies!

I am sneaking into this thread a little (hope I'm not butting in!). My DS is going to be 8 months on our trip (in a month!) Right now he's almost 7 months and here's what he's up to: He can sit up independently for a long time if interested in a toy in front of him, but is still a bit wobbly. He eats 5 bottles a day, plus breakfast (cereal/fruit puree), lunch (meat/veg combo) and dinner (meat, veg, and fruit). He also naps usually twice - one morning, one afternoon. He used to be like yours, eating every 3 hours, napping after being awake for 2 hours. Now it seems like he has his first nap 2-3 hours after waking (about 1.5-2 hours long) and then naps again 3-4 hours later (1-1.5 hours long).

AW thank you!! I know every baby is different but it's good to hear how my LO might be during our trip.

For the food, do you plan to bring in little jars into the parks? I plan to make baby food, so I have no idea whats out there (like when you say meat/veg combo do you mean a baby food jar?).

My LO currently eats about 5-6 times per day (4-7 oz each time) so that sounds pretty similar, but just with the added breakfast/lunch/dinner.

Do you plan to do your son's naps just wherever you are (stroller, carrier, etc) or go back to the resort for the majority of them?

For the food, do you plan to bring in little jars into the parks? I plan to make baby food, so I have no idea whats out there (like when you say meat/veg combo do you mean a baby food jar?).

Do you plan to do your son's naps just wherever you are (stroller, carrier, etc) or go back to the resort for the majority of them?

I am planning to feed his breakfast in the hotel before going to the parks, hoping his mornng nap will happen in the stroller (he does nap in it at the mall/zoo etc.), then doing lunch at the park with those squeeze tetra pack things (they're like a foil pouch kind with a screw top lid), then coming back to the room for afternoon nap/swim and an early dinner, before heading back out for our dinner/evening.

That's my PLAN, who knows if it will work though!

Joining in!! My DD will be the same age as yours on our trip in October, so I can't wait to hear how your trip goes. You haven't mentioned (or maybe I missed it) if you're nursing, but either way, what's your plan for park-feeding your DD? How about other foods? We haven't started solids yet (will around 6 months) so that's all foreign to me, and she'll still be nursing so IDK how we'll handle feeding her. Not sure if she'll eat solids for a meal? Or is that just as a snack? (I'm totally clueless here).

We have a Beco Butterfly 2, which I bought specifically for the disney trip way back when I was preggo. I got it on ebay for maybe $80, much less than amazon. I love it! Haven't used it for back-carrying yet, but DD loves being it it. BUT i wish she could face forward in it. Because of that, I would actually suggest getting something else, maybe the Gemini? IDK. I never liked the looks of the Ergo, but might consider that too. But be sure to look at ebay/consignment shops/craigslist for stuff like that.

Where did you get this outfit?? I love it!

How is she in pools? I noticed she is sitting up in her little pool - my DD is not sitting or anything yet, but it'll be nice when she can (I think that happens around 5-6 months?). As you might be able to tell :rotfl: I'm pretty clueless about babies. Love my LO though! :lovestruc

Anyway looking forward to hearing more, and can't wait to hear how the trip goes! And how the surprise goes for your little sister - that is so awesome!! Also, we'll be staying offsite for part of our trip, so I am interested to see how that is, too. :goodvibes

AW thank you!! I know every baby is different but it's good to hear how my LO might be during our trip.

My LO currently eats about 5-6 times per day (4-7 oz each time) so that sounds pretty similar, but just with the added breakfast/lunch/dinner.

I am planning to feed his breakfast in the hotel before going to the parks, hoping his mornng nap will happen in the stroller (he does nap in it at the mall/zoo etc.), then doing lunch at the park with those squeeze tetra pack things (they're like a foil pouch kind with a screw top lid), then coming back to the room for afternoon nap/swim and an early dinner, before heading back out for our dinner/evening.

Hey! It may be easier if I run down DD's current schedule. Keep in mind, this is our normal "at home" schedule. If we are out and about, or traveling, it may get off a bit (except for eating... My girl likes to eat on time! :rotfl2:)

7:30am 2 1/2 TLBS of oatmeal with one serving of fruit mixed in
9:15 - 10/10:15 Morning Nap
11am 7oz Bottle (she's on formula now)
2pm 7oz Bottle
2pm-3:30pm Afternoon nap
4pm Snack (usually just some Cheerios and some water in a sippy cup, more for fun than anything, and not everyday)
5pm Dinner (2 servings of veggies, 1 serving of fruit, some meat if we have on hand for her)
7:45/8pm 7 oz Bottle and Bedtime

DD was taking 3 naps a day up until about a month ago. She would take one at 8:30, one around 11:30 and then one at 2 or 2:30. Then, one day, she four going down at 8:30, went down around 9:15, and stuck with it.

We will probably feed DD her breakfast in our condo, then just take bottles and snacks with us. We will have gone back to our condo before dinner each day, so I dont't see us bringing her food with us. But, when we go to Kona for dinner, I'll bring it with us, and she'll eat there.

At first, DD would eat her food, then take some bottle too, but now,she just drinks a little bit of water to wash it all down. I think it's because she eats a lot more than when we started.

I do make her foods, so I have the "Baby Bullet" food jars. But, with meats, we just give those to her. I'm not a fan of the puréed meat... It reminds me of cat food :scared1: haha! Our pediatrician said to just give her small bites of regular meat and she'd figure it out. She totally has and eats chicken, turkey (deli)' ham, BBQ (we are in TN!), ground beef, pretty much anything, and she doesn't even have any teeth yet! No problems, she just mashes it right up.

As for naps, the "plan" is to let her take her morning nap in her stroller (since it is the shorter one) and then head back to our condo after lunch and let her get a good long afternoon nap in there. Then, hopefully, she will be good to go for the evening. Thankfully, if she's tired, she'll sleep anywhere!

We have a Lillebaby carrier, which I bought with some Swagbucks Amazon cards not too long ago :woohoo:. I've been wearing her on my back and she seems to really like it. She can see out pretty well and falls asleep too (as evident when we went outside for 5minutes the other afternoon and she was completely passed out by the time we came back in!)

Hannah started sitting up well about 5.5 months. She loves her little pool, but her first time in a big pool will be next weekend, so we'll see how that goes! I've got a floatie with a shade on it, somI hope she likes it. I'll report back on how it goes. She loves all things water though, so I have high hopes!

This was ALL over the place! That's what I get for trying to frantically answer posts before morning nap time is over, when I should really be packing for another Nashville weekend trip :lmao:

I knew I forgot something! The outfit! It was actually a gift... But it came from a little boutique in Murray, KY called Ribbon Chix (I think). I'm pretty sure they are on Facebook!

She is just the cutest little booger EVER! :lovestruc

The hats are DARLING on her. I am especially fond of the Belle hat. :thumbsup2

Hope you had an awesome first Mother's Day, and Anniversary! I hope you were spoiled rotten on your day, and got lots of snuggle time with that little cutie patootie!

On a side note-I can't believe your trip is getting so close! :yay::yay::yay:

Thank you! We think she's pretty darn cute :cloud9:!

I can't believe we are almost at the two week mark! So much to do and so little time! Plus a weekend trip to Nashville this weekend and lots going on I've Memorial Day too :eek:! I've gotta get on it!

Sounds like a great plan!! Are you planning on doing a TR? I sure hope so! :goodvibes Or at least let us know how things go with the little one at this age!!

Hey! It may be easier if I run down DD's current schedule. Keep in mind, this is our normal "at home" schedule. If we are out and about, or traveling, it may get off a bit (except for eating... My girl likes to eat on time! :rotfl2:)

7:30am 2 1/2 TLBS of oatmeal with one serving of fruit mixed in
9:15 - 10/10:15 Morning Nap
11am 7oz Bottle (she's on formula now)
2pm 7oz Bottle
2pm-3:30pm Afternoon nap
4pm Snack (usually just some Cheerios and some water in a sippy cup, more for fun than anything, and not everyday)
5pm Dinner (2 servings of veggies, 1 serving of fruit, some meat if we have on hand for her)
7:45/8pm 7 oz Bottle and Bedtime

DD was taking 3 naps a day up until about a month ago. She would take one at 8:30, one around 11:30 and then one at 2 or 2:30. Then, one day, she four going down at 8:30, went down around 9:15, and stuck with it.

We will probably feed DD her breakfast in our condo, then just take bottles and snacks with us. We will have gone back to our condo before dinner each day, so I dont't see us bringing her food with us. But, when we go to Kona for dinner, I'll bring it with us, and she'll eat there.

At first, DD would eat her food, then take some bottle too, but now,she just drinks a little bit of water to wash it all down. I think it's because she eats a lot more than when we started.

I do make her foods, so I have the "Baby Bullet" food jars. But, with meats, we just give those to her. I'm not a fan of the puréed meat... It reminds me of cat food :scared1: haha! Our pediatrician said to just give her small bites of regular meat and she'd figure it out. She totally has and eats chicken, turkey (deli)' ham, BBQ (we are in TN!), ground beef, pretty much anything, and she doesn't even have any teeth yet! No problems, she just mashes it right up.

As for naps, the "plan" is to let her take her morning nap in her stroller (since it is the shorter one) and then head back to our condo after lunch and let her get a good long afternoon nap in there. Then, hopefully, she will be good to go for the evening. Thankfully, if she's tired, she'll sleep anywhere!

We have a Lillebaby carrier, which I bought with some Swagbucks Amazon cards not too long ago :woohoo:. I've been wearing her on my back and she seems to really like it. She can see out pretty well and falls asleep too (as evident when we went outside for 5minutes the other afternoon and she was completely passed out by the time we came back in!)

Hannah started sitting up well about 5.5 months. She loves her little pool, but her first time in a big pool will be next weekend, so we'll see how that goes! I've got a floatie with a shade on it, somI hope she likes it. I'll report back on how it goes. She loves all things water though, so I have high hopes!

This was ALL over the place! That's what I get for trying to frantically answer posts before morning nap time is over, when I should really be packing for another Nashville weekend trip :lmao:

Wowee thanks for all the info!! :goodvibes so awesome! I had NO idea babies ate so much actual food at that age! Wow. I just pictured all the nursing I'm going to have to do - sounds like it won't be THAT much nursing and more food. Hmm. I really need to start reading up on how/what to feed Aria.

Hope her first time in the big pool goes well - sounds like it wilL!! We plan to start "swimming" lessons in July or so, so hopefully she'll love the pool at Disney. We also got one of those floatie things, can't wait to use it!

Interesting about her nap schedule changing. I bet Aria's will too, I just hope she'll continue to be able to nap anywhere!

Your carrier sounds perfect! I need to try the back carry with the Beco. I think Aria would love it too!

I knew I forgot something! The outfit! It was actually a gift... But it came from a little boutique in Murray, KY called Ribbon Chix (I think). I'm pretty sure they are on Facebook!

Aww it's just too cute! Oh well..

Wowee thanks for all the info!! :goodvibes so awesome! I had NO idea babies ate so much actual food at that age! Wow. I just pictured all the nursing I'm going to have to do - sounds like it won't be THAT much nursing and more food. Hmm. I really need to start reading up on how/what to feed Aria.

Hope her first time in the big pool goes well - sounds like it wilL!! We plan to start "swimming" lessons in July or so, so hopefully she'll love the pool at Disney. We also got one of those floatie things, can't wait to use it!

Interesting about her nap schedule changing. I bet Aria's will too, I just hope she'll continue to be able to nap anywhere!

Your carrier sounds perfect! I need to try the back carry with the Beco. I think Aria would love it too!.

By the time y'all go, you should definitely be in a rhythm wit her eating food. She'll let you know when she wants to eat and how much! It'll take a little bit, but I know you'll be able to pick up on her cues and get her going. For us, letting her set a schedule with when and how much she eats, and then us helping her stick to it has been a LIFESAVER. And I think it will be helpful for us when we are in WDW too, to keep a sense of normalcy to our days! :thumbsup2

I haven't caught up but the pictures. OMG she is absolutely adorable!!!

Aw thank you! She's my cutie pie! princess:

I can't believe how close we are getting to the trip! Close enough that our guest bedroom has turned into packing central! :thumbsup2 I've started laying stuff out in there as I come across it/buy it if I know we won't need it until the trip!

Anyhow, on to our plans for Friday, 6/8, Animal Kingdom Day!

This morning we have an ADR at Tusker House for Donald's Safari Breakfast at 8:20. The park doesn't open until 9, so I'm excited to be in the park before opening! It will be DD's first Character meal, so I hope she does well. It will also be DH's first one! We did HDDR on our last trip, but no real character meals!

I'm hoping we finish up right at 9, which I feel like we probably will. The plan will be to hop right in line for the Safari. Then, we will for sure head over and either get FPs for me and LS for EE or go ahead and ride EE. DH is not a big fan of EE, but he said he *might* try it again. We'll see... He might do better on it this time, since he would know what to expect.

Here is the list for the other things we would like to see/do in AK:
Festival of the Lion King (I think DD would love this!)
Kali River Rapids
Rafiki's Planet Watch
Triceratop Spin
Primeval Whirl

We also plan to eat lunch in the park this day. Probably Flame Tree BBQ, as it tends to have good reviews.

After lunch, as usual, we will head back to the condo for DD's nap time. We will be eating dinner in the condo this night, and AK closes at 7 this night. So, DH or me and LS may go back over to AK in the afternoon. It will probably depend on the weather and how tired we are!

This is honestly the day I need to work on the most. I feel like I could walk around the other parks with my eyes closed, but I have only been in AK a few times! :scared1: I need to spend a little bit looking at the map and getting our plan of action down. There's nothing I hate more than wasting time and energy walking back and forth across parks because you forgot where something was! :eek:

Only one more park day left.... :sad1: I need to get my packing lists up and maybe some pics of my pretty trip binder (once I get another ink cartridge so I can finish printing!) :yay:

Your AK day sounds great!! It doesn't need too much planning, just depending on the show times and such. Your character meal should be fun, can't wait to hear how she does with that! :goodvibes

So excited it's getting so close for ya! That's great you're already packing. I want to do that too...but 4 months early might be a little crazy.

Thanks again for the tips on her schedule/eating habits. Yes I am glad we will have a little time before the trip to get into a routine with the food/milk combo. Darn, that was my "homework" over the weekend - to look into food for babies. I forgot! :confused3

We've eaten at Tusker House for breakfast before, and we liked it. It's a cute one. Mickey, Minnie, Donald are all dressed in their safari clothes! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter