PJ - 11 AUG 2010 - WP/Napa/Sago Cay - New Updates!

How about if you make table cards with pictures from that era like this

BathingMachineGals.jpg

I completely love the idea!! Also I would look at adding touches of shabby chic like this

2190554143_123b5d5607.jpg

Ooo, I must say I love your at home reception theme, although I am biased as I am having a Victorian theme as well... Victorian Fairy Tale instead of Seaside, but hey it is still Victorian. I like how you think...you have very good taste! :goodvibes

Enjoy the planning, it goes so fast! :hug:

You can totally do the whole victorian seaside thing! You can pick an era like 1950s and always do tables with pictures from that era.... The centerpieces can be glass vases with saltwater taffy, sea glass is always elegant as well... let me look around maybe I can find some pictures for u

You could also have each table something different...

ex- Funnel cake table, where every one gets a funnel cake, candy apple table, salt water taffy table, large lollypop table....trying to think of boardwalk fun lol

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all of your ideas! They are fantastic, I've saved a few in my folder!

Please keep them coming, I am here I promise :) Just a bit snowed under at work until Sunday, I'm sneaking on :teeth:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all of your ideas! They are fantastic, I've saved a few in my folder!

Please keep them coming, I am here I promise :) Just a bit snowed under at work until Sunday, I'm sneaking on :teeth:

Im going to search more when i get home promise!

Woohoo! I'm in a good mood :teeth:

I've finished all my teaching now for this academic year, bar a couple of unofficial revision tutorials I'm going to give! Plus, this past weekend was the Mooting Competition I was working on - it was taking over my life, logistical nightmare having to accommodate, feed, transport, etc.... 70 people for 3 days AND give up my weekend for free :(

But it's over! The sun is out here and it's a really nice day, so hope it stays that way! Me and DF are off to Blackpool on Monday until Thursday, so I really have been AWOL from my PJ!! Can't wait for a break though!

Woohoo! I'm in a good mood :teeth:

I've finished all my teaching now for this academic year, bar a couple of unofficial revision tutorials I'm going to give! Plus, this past weekend was the Mooting Competition I was working on - it was taking over my life, logistical nightmare having to accommodate, feed, transport, etc.... 70 people for 3 days AND give up my weekend for free :(

But it's over! The sun is out here and it's a really nice day, so hope it stays that way! Me and DF are off to Blackpool on Monday until Thursday, so I really have been AWOL from my PJ!! Can't wait for a break though!:upsidedow

I'm back again! Seems like I'm really bad at keeping up with this PJ! It's hard when it seems so far off and we haven't booked anything yet, so it doesn't seem 'real'. Everyone seems miles ahead of me!!

I do have an excuse though, I've been to Luxembourg with work!!

I did do a bit of shopping a couple of weeks ago and bought some white sparkly flip-flops from Primark for £1 (I'll either wear them at the reception or just on holiday) and some mini-fans to put in my welcome bags! I wanted some bags & towels quite cheap, but I'll have to keep on looking!!

The short story is: expensive!! I wasn't expecting it to be as expensive as Rome, but it was! £3 for a bottle of coke in some places, and £7.50 the norm for alcoholic drinks! Plus I didn't think there was much to do there TBH, I went with work, so went to the Court of Justice, but wouldn't really recommend for a break!

I just saw you got your consultant!! EXCITING!!! :teeth: Any more plans?!!

Urgh!! Why are people so annoying about sending back RSVPs?!

Our RSVP date is April 30th, and most of ours haven't been sent back yet. A few people have said oh yeah we're coming, but what's the big deal about sending it back? Especially since we included a SAE, which is what is bugging me most since we paid a lot for stamps.

I understand some might not be able to make a decision about going to Florida now, which is why we included an 'Unsure at this point' box, as well as yes and no. One couple is even planning their own wedding at the moment, so I thought they'd get it back early as they'd understand the stress involved with planning a wedding and budgeting!

I've just sent a little friendly reminder on Facebook to all asking them please to return them since 'our planner wants the rough numbers in by next week'.

Grrrr

Urgh!! Why are people so annoying about sending back RSVPs?!

Our RSVP date is April 30th, and most of ours haven't been sent back yet. A few people have said oh yeah we're coming, but what's the big deal about sending it back? Especially since we included a SAE, which is what is bugging me most since we paid a lot for stamps.

I understand some might not be able to make a decision about going to Florida now, which is why we included an 'Unsure at this point' box, as well as yes and no. One couple is even planning their own wedding at the moment, so I thought they'd get it back early as they'd understand the stress involved with planning a wedding and budgeting!

I've just sent a little friendly reminder on Facebook to all asking them please to return them since 'our planner wants the rough numbers in by next week'.

Grrrr

Totally understand your frustrations - I think sometimes people dont get how much time it takes to do these things!

So much simpler without guests!! :laughing:

It's now 5th May and a lot of them still haven't got back to us, even after I sent a reminder... I know our wedding is still a long way off, but because it's a destination wedding it's important to us to know how much are coming so we can pick our locations, etc.. based on minimums, as well as deciding for how long we can honeymoon and what we can do, etc.. etc..

Hopefully we'll get a better response to the actual invitations, I'll send them out around 8-10 months before the Big Day.

Why am I so rubbish at updating my PJ?! Planning in general to be honest. I'm definitely a planner, over-organise everything. I think it's because we can't book until 12 months out so I feel like I can't do anything at the moment :( I don't want to book Misty & Stan until our date is set, I want to lose some more lbs before I order my dress, I can't book our accommodation as I'm waiting for the discount (would love free DDP but we'll get APs with the wedding).... ARGH! I won't get anywhere at this rate!!

AND YAY for the STD's you must be so ecited to get things done![/QUOTE]

just been reading your planning journal(super jealous by the way) and thought it was funny how everyone loves your STD's! Of course we DISers know what you mean but the average jo may find it strange that anyone would be excited by an STD!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter