PJ - 11 AUG 2010 - WP/Napa/Sago Cay - New Updates!

I haven't heard a thing from 90% of our invitees!

I think it's SO rude!!!!

Urgh - I'm going to have to stop typing now or a few choice words will be typed!!

AND YAY for the STD's you must be so ecited to get things done!

just been reading your planning journal(super jealous by the way) and thought it was funny how everyone loves your STD's! Of course we DISers know what you mean but the average jo may find it strange that anyone would be excited by an STD!:rotfl:

:rotfl: When I first mentioned them to my DF he did have such a funny look on his face!

I haven't heard a thing from 90% of our invitees!

I think it's SO rude!!!!

Urgh - I'm going to have to stop typing now or a few choice words will be typed!!

Lol Torsie!! It is very rude! I mean, come on, how hard is it to let you know if they intend on coming or not. We've had a couple back since then, but still missing around 40% of them! Grrrr

Hayley, did you see the feature in (I think) Perfect wedding a couple of months back?? It was all about the seaside and made me think of your at home reception! If you didn't, I could find out the issue and scan the relevant pages for you??

Bob xoxoxoxo

Hi

I have just been reading your thread. I love reading all these threads.

Ive recently found this chat room and I think its brilliant. I am a hopeful bride for next October 2010.

I noticed that you have your STD's. Have they already confirmed the date with you. I thought you wont get confirmation until 8 months before.

I have rung Disney Weddings today and they took my date down and information and said someone will ring me within 3 days.

The only think I am worried about is that I have priced my villas up for all the people that are coming and we was going to book them today, but because I wont speak to anyone yet I am concerned I will book the villa and then Disney come back and say they cant do any of the two weeks we are there. Also apparently there are not a lot of the villas we want left.

I am hoping for an escaped wedding, with dinner somewhere not decided yet and then a Desset party.

I am so confused with all these different options. Its mad.

Could you let me know if you have had your date confirmed or if the 12 August 2010 is the date you are hoping for.

Thanks

Hi

I have just been reading your thread. I love reading all these threads.

Ive recently found this chat room and I think its brilliant. I am a hopeful bride for next October 2010.

I noticed that you have your STD's. Have they already confirmed the date with you. I thought you wont get confirmation until 8 months before.

I have rung Disney Weddings today and they took my date down and information and said someone will ring me within 3 days.

The only think I am worried about is that I have priced my villas up for all the people that are coming and we was going to book them today, but because I wont speak to anyone yet I am concerned I will book the villa and then Disney come back and say they cant do any of the two weeks we are there. Also apparently there are not a lot of the villas we want left.

I am hoping for an escaped wedding, with dinner somewhere not decided yet and then a Desset party.

I am so confused with all these different options. Its mad.

Could you let me know if you have had your date confirmed or if the 12 August 2010 is the date you are hoping for.

Thanks

For an escape wedding you cannot book until 8 months before. As long as you are open to locations/times/dates you won't have any problem booking somewhere. (It is best to ask questions on the main board rather than in peoples PJs.)

I am sorry about your RsVPS..I can completely relate...people have 1 week to send ours in, after next Monday, the harrassing phone calls will begin! :lmao:

For an escape wedding you cannot book until 8 months before. As long as you are open to locations/times/dates you won't have any problem booking somewhere. (It is best to ask questions on the main board rather than in peoples PJs.)
Okay thanks. Still trying to figure all this out. So many different threads.

Hi Kelly, It's just the date I'm hoping for... I don't think you'll have a problem with not getting dates in the whole 2 weeks that you're there - it's usually just really popular dates. Remember you also have a range of times and locations each day :)

Around 90% of brides I have seen here get their exact time, date and location. The other 10% have just gotten a different time that day, or maybe held the wedding a day either side of their original date. Usually these are on popular weekends.

Hope this helps, happy planning :)

MAJOR UPDATE!! WE'RE GOING TO FLORIDA NEXT MONTH!! :cool1:

Okay, so we weren't planning on going on holiday at all this year what with saving for the wedding and all. My mam said go for it, you never know what's around the corner - I love my Mam :hug: They're also paying for most of the Disney bit I think...

I digress... we were trying to find somewhere cheap to go for a quick week - Spain/Greece, but you also know how the Euro is now so spends wouldn't be cheap! I was on exam duty earlier this week when DF came rushing in all excited saying he had found a great deal on some flights to Orlando for June. Cut a long story short, we booked at the start of the week! We fly June 14 for 10 nights coming back on June 24.

After a helpful recommendation from Wayne (Stacey's DF) and re-reading Stace's PJ, we booked the Days Inn I Drive for 10 Nights. I've also booked Universal & IOA tickets for 7 days. We're hoping to do 1 Day MK, but it's so expensive just for the day, I never realised how much as we always get the 21 Day Ultimate, so it's a good price for 21 Days - not so much for a short stay. Hopefully we'll have the funds to do just a day, if not, never mind - we have next year!! :bride:

I'm also arranging a Site Visit with our consultant Diane - she is the best :hug: I'm so excited for this, and I can't wait, might make it seem real! Once I know the date, we're hoping to book Kona for breakfast, and have Earl of Sandwich for lunch at DTD... I can't wait until my wedding for the Earl!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkk :woohoo:

I so can't wait!!

Waiting to hear back from Diane about our site visit.

What type of questions should I ask at this stage?!

For the site visit (If you havnt chosen your venue) I asked the following (So sad I still have these things)

What is the max of each place I am interested in
What cakes are available
Transportation
Flower options
decoration options
menu options in each place
Dessert party information
Ask to see dessert party locations

Ask about the three hotels your guests would stay in, they may take you there (we went)
Prices approx
is there a limit?
Carving stations to fill space

If I remmeber anything else let me know
I also asked about set up charges because we were doing a tea theme with a tea pot as the centerpiece

I just wanted to say I love the theme you picked for your at home reception! It will definately be unique and a ton of fun! I think your guests will love it!!!!

Sooo exciting that you are going to do a site visit!!!! Can't wait to read all about it- take lots of pics for us!

At Home Reception

Thank You!! I will definitely take lots of photos, I'm so excited to be going and actually meeting with our consultant, etc!! I love our at-home theme, but I'm sooo indecisive! I just love themes, and I'm finding it hard to choose one! We have a while to go though, so I'll think it through! I'm a massive rugby fan and I also wanted to name the tables after my 'dream team' :laughing: I love the Victorian Seaside one though, and it's so unique... Hmm!!

Weight Loss!

Like Torsie, I've also joined Weight Watchers! I joined 3 weeks ago, and in the past 2 weeks I've lost 5lbs so far, which isn't too bad. Next weigh in is tomorrow, and I'm not looking forward! I find keeping off chocolate, crisps, etc. easy. What's not so easy are soft drinks - I love Lucozade and proper Coke so I would love an ice cold one right now! I'm also dreading going back on the scales after coming back from our site visit - I don't want to put all the weight I've worked hard in losing back on in one fell swoop!

I was a size 8 (UK) when I started going out with DF at 18, now I'm a size 14, pushing 16 in some shops and I'm just not happy. I would absolutely love to see 10stone again, and my goal weight at the moment is 10st10lbs - cross fingers!

PJ Blues!

Is anyone else finding it hard to keep up with their PJ?! Just me then! I think it's because nothing is happening at the moment wedding planning wise - that and the fact that I'm supposed to be working on my PhD :laughing: I think I comment on other people's journals more than myself, hopefully come August, I'll have plenty of updates when we secure our date.

Honeymoon Plans

End of the month - we hope to book a portion of our Honeymoon! DCL CRUISE!! We were going to hold off booking this as we weren't sure if we were going for 2 weeks or 3 weeks due to cash, but you only get 1 honeymoon and we want to do it properly! We're planning (or rather I'm planning!) to book the August 22, 2010 4 Night Cruise on the Wonder - Cabin 7120, which thankfully is still available up to now. This is 'our' cabin, the one we stayed in last summer, so we thought it would be nice! It has a full verandah and will be lovely on our honeymoon!

Another hotel we want to book has also released the dates for next year. Because a lot of our friends/family have never been to Florida, we wanted to show them a lot of the parks. We also don't want to drive, so this means a lot of hotel jumping! We're planning on 8 Night Wilderness Lodge (with 1 night GF for me night before); 6 Nights Sheraton Orlando Four Points (with 1 night Universal's Royal Pacific Resort wedged somewhere); Everyone else goes home at this point which leaves us with: 4 Night DCL and 4 Night Poly Concierge.... these are my hopeful plans! DF just doesn't fancy staying at the GF some reason, so I will :laughing: He's wanted to stay at WL for ages, so we're really looking forward to that!

So the Hotel which has just released is Sheraton Orlando Four Points. We stayed here in 2007 and really loved it. It's ideally placed to visit SeaWorld and Discovery Cove, it's at the top of I Drive opposite Wet'n'Wild. I'm hoping to book a King Suite if DF will oblige :teeth: We're staying just opposite in 12 days time at the Days Inn, so I could get some bits of information from them!

Outside Vendors

Once we get confirmation on our date in August, I'm going to book Misty for photography, and STVS for videography. Misty confirmed me today that she's still available for our date, so that's good! I absolutely love her work! I hope Stan is too. Does anyone know if Patricia LeJeune requires a deposit of any kind?

WEIGH IN!!

I'M SOOOOOO HAPPY!! Just been to my Weight Watchers weigh in, and have lost another 2.5lbs this week! Eeeee!! That means I've lost 7.5lbs, so more than half a stone! I feel really good and a lot more confident, and it's definitely boosting me to keep going! Seeing that little Silver 7 sticker has made me a very happy lady!!

On a more worrying note, I am really worried about Els' passport not arriving! His passport runs out in August, so we sent away for another when we booked this hol as you need 6 months on it left to travel. We leave in 11 days and it still hasn't arrived, so I'm getting a bit worried - I really hope it comes! If we have to cancel, we'll lose a lot of money AND we won't be going to Florida!! Cross everything you've got girls!!

WEIGH IN!!

I'M SOOOOOO HAPPY!! Just been to my Weight Watchers weigh in, and have lost another 2.5lbs this week! Eeeee!! That means I've lost 7.5lbs, so more than half a stone! I feel really good and a lot more confident, and it's definitely boosting me to keep going! Seeing that little Silver 7 sticker has made me a very happy lady!!

On a more worrying note, I am really worried about Els' passport not arriving! His passport runs out in August, so we sent away for another when we booked this hol as you need 6 months on it left to travel. We leave in 11 days and it still hasn't arrived, so I'm getting a bit worried - I really hope it comes! If we have to cancel, we'll lose a lot of money AND we won't be going to Florida!! Cross everything you've got girls!!
I'm sure the passport will be fine babes! 11 days is pretty long!!

WELL DONE!!! On the weight loss!!! :teeth:

I started a weight loss thread on the weddings main page. :)

I thought we could maybe do little challenges like best loser this month/week, weight loss challenge for summer, exercise challenge etc. :)

"Does anyone know if Patricia LeJeune requires a deposit of any kind?"

When I asked they didn't answer the question just told me to wait until my date was booked.

When did you send off for the passport?

Thanks babes!!! I'm so happy! I joined your weight loss thread, I think it's a great idea since a lot of us are in the same boat - I know what you mean when you said that we're pretty much the same weight wise! I think WW is great so far, seems to be working at least!

We sent off for the passport 2 weeks ago tomorrow on the 2 week check and send service, if it's not here tomorrow, I guess we'll try and phone the passport office to see what's happening with it. When this comes, I can relax - I was so excited to go yesterday and I just had one of those 'what if we have to cancel?' moments, I'd be so, so gutted. I don't care if we have to drive up to Liverpool to get it, I just want to know what's happening with it!

I've done the registration thingy on Patricia's website, so at least the ball is in motion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter