PJ - 11 AUG 2010 - WP/Napa/Sago Cay - New Updates!

Thank you :) I'm happy with how the turned out after the work that went into them...

I hope my guests will realise they're airline tickets and not raffle tickets, like FFIL thought the black and white sample looked like :rolleyes:

Thank you :) I'm happy with how the turned out after the work that went into them...

I hope my guests will realise they're airline tickets and not raffle tickets, like FFIL thought the black and white sample looked like :rolleyes:
Haha, of course they will!

They look better than airline tickets!!

wow those save the dates are amazing! I wish I could make something as good as those instead I'm stuck buying mine

Hi Haley - I followed your link to your PJ from Punkin's TR. I have been married for 12 years now and I love reading weddings and all the plans, especially because they are Disney ones too. Your story about your engagement is so cute. Two thumps up to your DF :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 . Can you email me the save the date template? I am planning on doing a vow renewal at Disney and I just love how your's came out. I like to plan ahead, it's for my 25th, LOL. I have read many PJ on here and have collected some ideas from various brides. I will PM you my email address. Thanks in advance.

Laura

No excuse needed for another Disney Wedding :laughing: You could have a 5 year renewal! :teeth:

We've given them to my parents, my aunt, DF's parents and FBIL so far. We plan on posting the rest tomorrow! Hopefully it will give us some indication of who's coming.

For some reason, I've written down in my notes that aisle runner rental from Disney would be $254 (inc tax) - no idea if this is right or where I got it from! However, I've seen a nice one on Ebay for £24 including delivery! Much better than $254! It's 3ft wide and 100ft long! So need to find out the dimensions of the Wedding Pavilion aisle somehow!

Ebay's good for a lot of things! When I went to try the dresses on, they put a veil and tiara on my head - the tiara was £60 and the veil was £150. No way am I getting a $300 veil :laughing: Not sure I'm getting a tiara yet, but there are some nice ones on Ebay for £20, veils for £10-£20 and a crinoline that looks just like the huge one I tried on for £20-£25. Bargain! I think Ebay is the way forward :teeth:

I am addicted to ebay lately!!

Got all my lolly stuff on there, and also ordered my 2009 passporter on there today, as ive been waiting over a week for another company to send it to find out today they wont be sending it at all!!

Hi Hayley- Enjoyed reading your food reports so came over to see how the wedding planning was going. Congrats and happy planning. Your save the dates are great. The best idea I have ever seen. The dresses are beautiful. I did want to tell you that my DH and I got married in the caribbean and my only regret was that we did not have a party to celebrate with family and friends when we returned. It was because we could not financially do it but I wish I would have had a bbq or just a small cocktail party. Hope you don't mind me saying so. Enjoy - it is such an exciting time in Els' and your life.

:teeth: Me too Torsie! I haven't been for ages, until I started wedding planning! I wish that we could order easily off US websites! Stuff over there is sooo cheap but either they don't deliver outside of the US or delivery is ridiculously expensive!

Mimi, thanks for coming over here! I'm glad you like my food reports and STDs :teeth: I don't mind you saying that at all! I'm glad to have people's opinions on getting a party back at home. I would like a BBQ and a DJ or something like that. Quite casual, but have it at a hotel so I can still wear my dress. It's just lack of places around here :laughing: We'll sure try and fit it in the budget!!

I'm happy today!!

FILs came over to our house last night, and we knew that FIL had been expecting a big back pay from his work. Well, it turns out it was quite a substantial sum, and much more than anyone thought it would be. So... they are being v.v.generous and offered to pay for our At-Home Reception we weren't going to have as it was too expensive!!! We're going to have 2 receptions! Plus, they are also helping FBIL and his GF get to Florida as he doesn't have a saving bone in his body, and as they want both the kids to get the same amount, they are giving us the equivalent of that much to pay for most of our honeymoon!!! Argh!! I have to say this is a huge weight of our shoulders and it is looking very likely that we will definitely have the Coach now!!!

I'm not sure if my parents are contributing really, but I don't want to ask them, I think it's something they should offer if they want to. Not that they don't want to either, it's just I know they can't really afford to come to Florida and contribute huge amounts to our wedding. I'd just rather have them in Florida than anything - we're booking the Wilderness Lodge, going with Virgin, Disney tickets, staying on I Drive, etc... so I feel I'm making them spend enough as it is already!! I know they would give if they could :)

EEEE!!! That's great news Hayley!!! :)

I understand what you mean about your folks. That the way we feel about Jacks family. Them paying to come is all the contribution we expect from them too. :)

I know, I'm really excited!

I just got off the phone with my mum and she said, well we want to contribute too :laughing: So this is definitely more than we expected to have from anyone! I'd love it if they helped me out with my dress, but I don't mind as long as they come and do everything with us. We're saving a lot too, so I really hope we get everything we want now!!

We have great parents!! And what makes it even better, is that they've become really good friends with each other, so we often go out all 8 of us (inc. FBIL and GF) for meals :)

I know, I'm really excited!

I just got off the phone with my mum and she said, well we want to contribute too :laughing: So this is definitely more than we expected to have from anyone! I'd love it if they helped me out with my dress, but I don't mind as long as they come and do everything with us. We're saving a lot too, so I really hope we get everything we want now!!

We have great parents!! And what makes it even better, is that they've become really good friends with each other, so we often go out all 8 of us (inc. FBIL and GF) for meals :)
Awww, thats lovely!!

Lucky you today!!! I think we're going to have to pay for my dress, BM dresses, suits and the Roots.

Sadly that comes to quite a lot so the Honeymoon might have to be a delayed one...:(

Hayley - that's great news that both sets are going to help. I know me and DH wouldn't have had the wedding we did if it weren't for our parents. I also wanted to know if you got my pm about the template for the save the dates. I sent you my email, let me know if you need it again because that's something I definately want to use for our VR.

Hi Laura, I did get your PM! I sent the STDs, but must not have arrived... hmm, I'll try again!

I love the dress! I definitely want to try it on in ivory!

I had a long chat with my parents over the weekend, and they want to contribute a lot more than I was expecting! They just want me to have a wonderful wedding, I'm their only daughter :teeth: Honestly, anything is a help, so I'm just so grateful - every little helps ;)

You're getting The Roots?! I'm so jealous! I'm not sure they'll fit into our budget yet :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter