PJ - 11 AUG 2010 - WP/Napa/Sago Cay - New Updates!

Beautiful dress!!! You cannot go wrong with a Maggie; I'm wearing the Vogue by Maggie. Happy planning!

i agree you cannot go wrong with maggie i had sahara!

Looking forward to more updates

It's really pretty in person! So sparkly :) I love Maggie :rotfl:

As for my dress appointment:

They wouldn't let me take photos! I did take my camera so I could sneak a few, but can you believe she never left the changing room?! It is annoying, as I was quite overwhelmed at the time, so I have no idea how I look in those dresses now! Otherwise, the store was lovely and we were there almost 2 hours. I tried on about 7 or 8 dresses.

According to the bridal store, this was new in and the heaviest dress they have in the shop:
http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.a...&style=A3284CS
It's McCall by Maggie Sottero. OMG this dress did not suit me at all! I'm planning on wearing flats because DF and I are roughly the same height. You know when you're in the wedding shop and they put you on a 'box' so you can see the dress. Minute I stepped off onto the floor, I looked like a squat Oompa Loompa - I do not kid I tried it on in the colour on the website; it is so heavy, it's insane. Because I'm short and the bodice is quite long, it did not suit me at all, and I felt smothered by the skirt. Not for me!

Funnily enough, I'd chosen almost all Maggie dresses. I'd also chosen all ones in gold or silver, so I really wanted to try on a white dress to see how the colour looked on me, as I wasn't sure I wanted a coloured dress. I happened to grab this dress as the first one I saw:
http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.a...&style=A3284CS
It's Ariana by Maggie Sottero. First off, I can't believe how different this dress looks on the website. I passed by it and had to double check the name, it looks so plain. TBH, I was going to say actually I didn't want to try it on because I didn't see the point. Once I put in on, the dress transformed - it pulled me in in all the right places and made me feel like I had an amazing figure! My mam and DF's mam loved it, said it was gorgeous. And to think I'd picked it for the colour! This is definitely in the maybe pile for the way it made me feel when I put it on - I NEVER thought a dress like this would make the maybe pile! I also had the shop's biggest underskirt on underneath, and this dress has a longish train. I can say this because I'm bigger than her but the model in the photo is way too thin for that dress. I wish I could buy this in black and wear it to a dinner or something!

But, I finally got to try on Victoriana:
http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=J1082
It's a gorgeous dress I tried it on in the colour on the website, light gold. It truly does look like a princess dress and has quite a longish train. I was completely torn between this one and the 'slinky' dress but the assistant said my face lit up when I put this one on. I tried it on and I still love it! I'm still not sure about the gold though, I'm going to go to their other shop to try in on where they have it in the ivory. MIL said she was passing by earlier and said it's even more gorgeous in the ivory!

I can't find photos of the others I tried on - I'm not sure what their names are to be honest. One was similar to Victoriana, but a lot heavier and lacked that 'wow' factor. Another was a tulle number that made me feel like Dawn French in a Tutu :sad2:

So the next step is trying Victoriana on in Ivory... I think this could be the one :thumbsup2

How exciting you got to try on Maggie Dresses! I'd love to!! :)

And it's great you've found a few you like!

I hate when they don't leave you any time to admire them for yourself (take photos!)

I have been reading your PJ for a while and I love you enagement and all your plans you lucky thing tryin on maggies dress' cant wait for me

I know right?! They said it was 'copyright' or something and the designers don't like it if you take pics of their dresses?! Not sure if that was a line, but if you Google the dress there are tons of pics, and it's ok once you've bought the dress?! Hmmm......

Photos would help so much now, as I could compare the 2!

Leanne, I would go ahead and try some on!! I was going to wait, but I saw other 2010 brides try them on, like Stacey, so I went for it :) It was so strange seeing myself in a wedding dress!!

Ditto to start trying Leanne!!

I'm 2011 and am trying on like there's no tomorrow, and none fo the ladies in the shop blink an eyelids when I tell then its a 2011 wedding I'm preparing for!

I think they think it's going to be a huge lavish affair, lol!

Our Save the Dates!!

Finally! :laughing: After such a long time designing them, we've spent most of the weekend printing, cutting, folding, perforating.... they took us absolutely ages, but I really like them. I started designing them before Christmas, and it's only now that we're doing them - they take about 30mins to cut, and put together each so it's taking ages! I was planning on making little magnets to put in as well, but in the end, I just wanted to get them out! **Just a note, they are done on card and not paper

The 'envelopes' looked like this before cutting them out:
img5145.jpg

The STDs, pre-cutting. There are 5 parts to each STD: Save the Date, Wedding Events, Wedding Day, Contact Info, and Preliminary RSVP (so we can get an idea of who's coming)
img5146.jpg

DF busy cutting:
img5150z.jpg

Rounding all the edges:
img5148.jpg

Perforating the 'tearaway' lines:
img5149.jpg

After folding the envelope, and sticking a little crystal on the Monogram:
img5151.jpg

Stapling the STD cards together:
img5155.jpg

In its 'envelope':
img5152.jpg

The STD all finished:
img5154.jpg

STD and holder:

img5153.jpg

Sorry, so many photos! I'm planning on putting these into a wedding album when I get one, make a record of the planning days!!

WOW!! How awesomely creative are you!!! I wish I had talent (and patience) to do something like that!!! :goodvibes

Just wanted to join in and say hi! You two make a cute couple. I agree with a pp who mentioned you look like Miley Cyrus, I see it!

I love your STDs! They are so cute. I wish I was half as creative as you!

maggie is amazing, I love her dresses!!!
AND YAY for the STD's you must be so ecited to get things done!

It's been a bit of a tough week, since my granddad died last Thursday and yesterday was his funeral. Patty, you may remember me saying on our Cruise thread that my granddad had died in March, so I've lost 2 within the space of 8 months. This year has had some both good and bad stuff happen. I admit, thinking about the wedding has taken my mind off things a bit so it was lucky I had something to keep me busy.

Onto happier things, I haven't had a look at any dresses yet - well in stores anyway! I need to exercise/diet/lose weight!! I do love Maggie Sottero dresses - like the Capri Royale. I'm not sure whether to go for pick-ups or a princessy-style chiffon skirt - I like both styles!

I'm a bit late to the party but found you at last!!

First off so sorry about your grandad - I lost both my grandparents within 4 months of each other. Its very hard to get used to, even after two years :hug:

I had a Maggie Sottero as well - they are the most stunning dresses without a doubt! Hope you find one you like! :thumbsup2

Did any UK Brides not have an UK Reception afterwards?

How about planning sessions? I would LOVE to go on a PS session, in fact, it was one of the things that I thought was cool about a WDW Wedding. But now I'm thinking that cash could go towards our wedding. Did any UK Brides not have a planning session?

We had a reception, but we kept is cheapish (as cheap as you can when feeding 100 people!) as the people we really wanted came to the actual wedding. We had a photographer to get pictures of us with all our guests, did a carvery which worked out the cheapest sort of meal, and did one of those wedding cakes made from individual muffins which went down really well. Throw in a disco and we had a great night, but one that didn't break the bank! We weren't actually going to have a reception in the UK - my mum made us - but after I was pleased (and it was nice to get a chance to wear the dress again!!).

We didn't have a planning session though - I found was nothing that couldn't be done online or via email.

Our Save the Dates!!

!!

These are unbelievable! you are so talented!!!

OMG Hayley!!!

They are amazing!!!!

Waaaaah, I wish I was an ounce as creative as you!!!!!!

I'm glad you had fun trying dresses on.

Your save the dates are brilliant! Do you think you could e-mail me the castle logo? I'll send you a PM.

I'd really like to have a reception, but it all depends on money - doesn't everything?! - and I'd like to keep costs as low as possible. Have a BBQ or something like that! Disney is definitely more important to us at the moment, I'm just afraid I'll regret not having a big reception and dancing with my friends.

I'm glad you all like the STDs! Hope they'll go down as well with my guests!

By the way, All i have to say is OMG i love your STD's they are just amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter